Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Youth Loans 18:35 - Sep 17 with 1027 viewsyorkshire

Seems to be a new policy this year - doubt we have ever had so many players out on loan before - presume a lot of the very local ones allow for them to play with the U23 as well ?

Wonder if this is something from Cook / Gamechanger or whether it is just the nature of football today - the likes of Chelsea and Everton have been doing this for years
Youth Loans on 18:46 - Sep 17 with 985 viewsOldboy

If they are playing senior football, it can only be good for us. Hopefully they will get the experience and come back to us better players.
Youth Loans on 18:47 - Sep 17 with 982 viewsMetal_Hacker

On a side note - where in Yorkshire are you ?

Me - Sheffield

Poll: If it were one or the other

Youth Loans on 19:01 - Sep 17 with 961 viewsPhilTWTD

It has been something they've pushed more this year but it has happened to some extent previously. And also does seem to be more prevalent across football than it was a few years ago, as you say.
Youth Loans on 19:44 - Sep 17 with 885 viewsChrisd

Feel this is a really good move for the youngsters and their development. Non league football is going to test them physically and they are playing in games that matter. U23 football is more about technique and skill, it hasn’t got the physical challenge that non league football provides on Saturday afternoons and Tuesday nights. They will get a lot from this experience providing they are playing regularly.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2021 19:45]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Youth Loans on 19:58 - Sep 17 with 836 viewsFixed_It

Youth Loans on 19:44 - Sep 17 by Chrisd

Feel this is a really good move for the youngsters and their development. Non league football is going to test them physically and they are playing in games that matter. U23 football is more about technique and skill, it hasn’t got the physical challenge that non league football provides on Saturday afternoons and Tuesday nights. They will get a lot from this experience providing they are playing regularly.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2021 19:45]

Especially if they are local enough to still train with our coaches in the Academy.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Youth Loans on 20:30 - Sep 17 with 797 viewsitfcjoe

Youth Loans on 19:01 - Sep 17 by PhilTWTD

It has been something they've pushed more this year but it has happened to some extent previously. And also does seem to be more prevalent across football than it was a few years ago, as you say.

Think main difference this year is there are 5 U18s gone out including a first year which is a very new thing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Youth Loans on 20:46 - Sep 17 with 771 viewsjayessess

Andoh's a strange one. I thought he'd impressed during Cook's time here. A move to Step 2 of non-league at 21 doesn't sound too promising?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Youth Loans on 20:53 - Sep 17 with 751 viewsPhilTWTD

Youth Loans on 20:30 - Sep 17 by itfcjoe

Think main difference this year is there are 5 U18s gone out including a first year which is a very new thing

Weren't McGavin and Lankester U18s when they went out to Bury and others in the past? I don't remember many first years, as you say. Has definitely been stepped up this year.
Login to get fewer ads

Youth Loans on 21:05 - Sep 17 with 715 viewsitfcjoe

Youth Loans on 20:53 - Sep 17 by PhilTWTD

Weren't McGavin and Lankester U18s when they went out to Bury and others in the past? I don't remember many first years, as you say. Has definitely been stepped up this year.

They were, and probably only examples were it wasn’t just a case of giving a youngster some football ahead of being released as that isn’t that infrequent.

And they were late in the season when the U18s have generally stopped playing second years who are definitely getting pro contracts

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Youth Loans on 11:20 - Sep 18 with 487 viewsyorkshire

Youth Loans on 18:47 - Sep 17 by Metal_Hacker

On a side note - where in Yorkshire are you ?

Me - Sheffield

I lived in Leeds for 13 years after leaving Ipswich but am now in the US so should probably change my name to Florida !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024