Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us 13:13 - Sep 13 with 1905 viewsParmigiano

First things first: the Bolton game was an abomination. The second half capitulation in particular was a disgrace.

But in the matches before that, we've dropped 8 points due to individual errors, not from absolutely woeful team performances:

Morecambe - Woolfenden howler (2 points dropped)
Burton - Fraser misses a penalty and then we give away a late penalty (3 points dropped)
Cheltenham - Bonne misses from 1 inch out to go 2-0 up (1 point dropped)
MK Dons - Evans howler (2 points dropped)

I would even argue in the Bolton game that, if KVY doesn't make a ridiculous challenge for their penalty and Bonne doesn't miss the target when unmarked from 10 yards out just before half-time, we go in 3-1 up rather than 2-3 down.

Of course we haven't gelled as quickly as we all hoped, and the midfield pair in particular need to learn their roles fast. But individual errors like the ones I've mentioned have nothing to do with a new team not gelling. Without these individual errors, we'd be on 11 points and just outside the play-off spots.
If my Auntie had balls.... on 13:18 - Sep 13 with 1862 viewsBloots

....she'd be my uncle.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

If my Auntie had balls.... on 13:19 - Sep 13 with 1849 viewshype313

If my Auntie had balls.... on 13:18 - Sep 13 by Bloots

....she'd be my uncle.

Don't tell me you're from Norfolk too.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 13:22 - Sep 13 with 1822 viewsSWGF

How about the individual errors from our opposition that allowed us to score our goals? Can you take those into account and redo the league?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 13:27 - Sep 13 with 1797 viewsDubtractor

I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 13:22 - Sep 13 by SWGF

How about the individual errors from our opposition that allowed us to score our goals? Can you take those into account and redo the league?

Take away the oggy, and their player falling over trying to challenge burns, and we score nil on Saturday.

Of course there have been errors, it's division 3 ffs.

The way we are setting the team up at the moment has massive issues, regardless of errors.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 13:29 - Sep 13 with 1777 viewssaffers12

would you accept as many mistakes from other paid professionals eg plumbers, joiners, doctors etc?
I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 13:41 - Sep 13 with 1739 viewstextbackup

but on Saturday is was a collective shtshow, errors all over, players like chaplin never really seeming to have/understand his role in the team. really really poor

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 14:14 - Sep 13 with 1637 viewsIllinoisblue

Wait, Is this supposed to make us feel better?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Downvoted by "The Realist"..... on 14:16 - Sep 13 with 1627 viewsBloots

If my Auntie had balls.... on 13:18 - Sep 13 by Bloots

....she'd be my uncle.

....oh the irony.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

Errors like appointing Hurst, appointing Lambert... on 14:23 - Sep 13 with 1594 viewsBlueBadger

...appointing a kitman instead of a coach.....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Downvoted by "The Realist"..... on 14:24 - Sep 13 with 1594 viewsBlueBadger

Downvoted by "The Realist"..... on 14:16 - Sep 13 by Bloots

....oh the irony.

He used to do a lot of that when people were pointing out that Lambert was crap, but people ignored it because he did good pressers and once bought them a warm, not-very-fizzy lager.

And beyond. when even Dollers had worked out that Lambert was crap.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 14:28]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 14:25 - Sep 13 with 1587 viewsjayessess

You could tell a similar story about most football matches.

I think it's fair to say that prior to Saturday we could feel a little hard done by in terms of results. We'd had (marginally) more of the play and more of the chances in all 5 games we'd played and been punished heavily for every mistake with some unusually efficient opposition finishing. Being able to marginally outplay bottom half teams isn't anywhere near the standard we'll need to reach eventually, but yeah we probably merited more points.

Saturday was a team unravelling.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 14:25 - Sep 13 with 1585 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 13:29 - Sep 13 by saffers12

would you accept as many mistakes from other paid professionals eg plumbers, joiners, doctors etc?

Probably more. It must be even harder to track your winger when you've got a bag of spanners slung over your shoulder.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 14:37 - Sep 13 with 1539 viewsBlueBadger

I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 13:27 - Sep 13 by Dubtractor

Take away the oggy, and their player falling over trying to challenge burns, and we score nil on Saturday.

Of course there have been errors, it's division 3 ffs.

The way we are setting the team up at the moment has massive issues, regardless of errors.

This. It's not just 'individual errors' now, it's starting to look like 'inadequate coaching', particularly give that we've just had two weeks to work on ironing out basic, daft errors.

I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 15:05 - Sep 13 with 1441 viewsmylittletown

Bit of a so what?

Without 3 individual defensive errors, Leeds would have drawn 0-0 with Liverpool yesterday.
Joe Royle used to say that every goal ever conceded is down to one or more individual errors.

In cricket, no batsman would ever get out without having made an individual error. In golf, every shot above par is down to individual error etc etc
I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 16:20 - Sep 13 with 1352 viewsOlly

Guys, if we'd simply have won all our games 3-0, we'd be top of the league!
Keep the faith, trust the process
I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 18:26 - Sep 13 with 1277 viewsBlueBadger

I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 16:20 - Sep 13 by Olly

Guys, if we'd simply have won all our games 3-0, we'd be top of the league!
Keep the faith, trust the process

We tried 'keep changing the side and hoping for the best' under Lambert...

I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 09:04 - Sep 14 with 1061 viewsParmigiano

There's a lot of comparing apples to oranges here.

Of course 90% of goals conceded have a defensive error somewhere.

But I'm talking about the howlers from Woolfenden and Evans (literally directly assisting goals to the opposition) and Bonne missing an open goal from less than a metre out. Those three incidents are very different to poor defensive positioning or a missed header etc...
I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 09:07 - Sep 14 with 1055 viewsBiGDonnie

I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 15:05 - Sep 13 by mylittletown

Bit of a so what?

Without 3 individual defensive errors, Leeds would have drawn 0-0 with Liverpool yesterday.
Joe Royle used to say that every goal ever conceded is down to one or more individual errors.

In cricket, no batsman would ever get out without having made an individual error. In golf, every shot above par is down to individual error etc etc

I think the OP made an individual error posting this!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 09:30 - Sep 14 with 1008 viewsParmigiano

I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 09:07 - Sep 14 by BiGDonnie

I think the OP made an individual error posting this!

My favourite reply so far. The thought had crossed my mind...
I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 09:35 - Sep 14 with 995 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 09:04 - Sep 14 by Parmigiano

But I'm talking about the howlers from Woolfenden and Evans (literally directly assisting goals to the opposition) and Bonne missing an open goal from less than a metre out. Those three incidents are very different to poor defensive positioning or a missed header etc...

Maybe if we scored more goals and weren’t conceding 2+ per game, then individual errors wouldn’t be so pivotal…

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 09:45 - Sep 14 with 966 viewsBiGDonnie

I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 09:30 - Sep 14 by Parmigiano

My favourite reply so far. The thought had crossed my mind...

Haha, it's TWTD the only time you have to worry is if you don't get a smart ar$e response!
[Post edited 14 Sep 2021 9:45]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 09:45 - Sep 14 with 966 viewsSteve_M

I think we're forgetting slightly how much individual errors have costs us on 09:04 - Sep 14 by Parmigiano

What about all the structural failings? Five goals conceded from set pieces versus Cheltenham, MK and Wimbledon. Or the defence totally melting away having been caught out (Morecombe, Burton and several times last Saturday).

We're a mess defensively and thinking it's just about individuals is being blindly optimistic.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024