Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? 20:55 - Sep 7 with 3286 viewsDurovigutum

Are the Republic of Ireland being careful what they wish for or enjoying better football?
Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 22:59 - Sep 8 with 744 viewstextbackup

Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 17:57 - Sep 8 by RedX

What does that even mean?

it means ROI have always been sht at fooball.

the players are a collection of those that don't make the England A or B teams....

follow?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 10:42 - Sep 9 with 685 viewsRedX

Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 22:59 - Sep 8 by textbackup

the players are a collection of those that don't make the England A or B teams....

follow?

What a strange person you are.
Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 10:45 - Sep 9 with 682 viewsRedX

Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 19:35 - Sep 8 by Moriarty

I’m guessing you may hail from the rebel county?

I had the pleasure of picking up a medal or 2 in hurling when I was a young lad and will always rate it as the greatest sport.

Imagine if the GAA replaced the FAI.

I am indeed. Hurling is the no 1 here but soccer/football and rugby are fairly popular too.

Where are you from yourself?

If my kids replaced the FAI they’d do a better job
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 10:46]
Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 10:56 - Sep 9 with 669 viewsleitrimblue

Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 22:58 - Sep 8 by textbackup

I could, if I had any interest in said "sport" but as football was being discussed I thought i'd comment on that.

You want me to explain it again using smaller words?
Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 11:11 - Sep 9 with 637 viewsJ2BLUE

Gutted about Ireland's qualifying. There are three things every world cup needs IMO:

Ireland - sea of green
Netherlands - sea of orange
USA - controversial one, but to have that genuine 'world' feel...

I love the group stages with football on tap, the different colours and and everyone taking part.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 11:35 - Sep 9 with 609 viewsMoriarty

Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 10:45 - Sep 9 by RedX

I am indeed. Hurling is the no 1 here but soccer/football and rugby are fairly popular too.

Where are you from yourself?

If my kids replaced the FAI they’d do a better job
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 10:46]

Munster kin. Born and bred in the Banner. Not living there for a while but a dedicated supporter for life.

Was down in Cork recently. Really enjoy Cork and Kerry - most of my relatives from down South.

I’ve always felt if the FAI were abandoned, replaced and a GAA County model applied to soccer (using that word to distinguish from GAA football) , we could have a 32 county structure over 2 leagues, each with 16 teams. Imagine JP funding Limerick - he (allegedly) pumps the same amount into Limerick GAA as ME did here each year.

Pity Omobamidele is with the scum. And Idah.

How much better would ITFC be if we took Baz or Kev instead of Hladky?

fka omuircheartaigh

Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 12:09 - Sep 9 with 583 viewsWeWereZombies

Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 11:11 - Sep 9 by J2BLUE

Gutted about Ireland's qualifying. There are three things every world cup needs IMO:

Ireland - sea of green
Netherlands - sea of orange
USA - controversial one, but to have that genuine 'world' feel...

I love the group stages with football on tap, the different colours and and everyone taking part.

On your USA logic a World Cup without China and India is missing something too, although I suspect that China will soon be making inroads in football after their dramatic surge to the top in the Olympics. Also a shame that Russia are never a certainty for qualification, or ever likely to progress beyond the group stage when they do get to the finals - not the most populous nation (or collection of republics and oblasts or whatever) but the biggest in terms of the surface area they lay claim to on this planet. Ah, Canada...
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 12:23]

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 12:17 - Sep 9 with 573 viewsJ2BLUE

Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 12:09 - Sep 9 by WeWereZombies

On your USA logic a World Cup without China and India is missing something too, although I suspect that China will soon be making inroads in football after their dramatic surge to the top in the Olympics. Also a shame that Russia are never a certainty for qualification, or ever likely to progress beyond the group stage when they do get to the finals - not the most populous nation (or collection of republics and oblasts or whatever) but the biggest in terms of the surface area they lay claim to on this planet. Ah, Canada...
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 12:23]

Agree, I would like China there as well.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 13:26 - Sep 9 with 543 viewsEireannach_gorm

Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 11:35 - Sep 9 by Moriarty

Munster kin. Born and bred in the Banner. Not living there for a while but a dedicated supporter for life.

Was down in Cork recently. Really enjoy Cork and Kerry - most of my relatives from down South.

I’ve always felt if the FAI were abandoned, replaced and a GAA County model applied to soccer (using that word to distinguish from GAA football) , we could have a 32 county structure over 2 leagues, each with 16 teams. Imagine JP funding Limerick - he (allegedly) pumps the same amount into Limerick GAA as ME did here each year.

Bazunu's Man of the Match Vs Serbia.

Loaned to Portsmouth from Man City.

He saved Ronaldo's penalty Vs Portugal also.
Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 14:33 - Sep 9 with 510 viewsEireannach_gorm

Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 22:59 - Sep 8 by textbackup

follow?

FYI

NOTE: First team to beat England on home soil.

Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 16:17 - Sep 9 with 458 viewsMoriarty

Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 13:26 - Sep 9 by Eireannach_gorm

Bazunu's Man of the Match Vs Serbia.

Loaned to Portsmouth from Man City.

He saved Ronaldo's penalty Vs Portugal also.

Not bad for an England "C" player.

England "C", to give them their due, have had a few good players over the years like Roy Keane, Paul McGrath, Kevin Moran, Ronnie Whelan, Denis Irwin, Robbie Keane, John O'Shea, Shay Given, etc.

Apart from Cannavaro, I've yet to see as great a defensive display as Paul McGrath for England C v Italy in WC94.

fka omuircheartaigh

Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 10:55 - Sep 11 with 377 viewsRedX

Can someone clarify something for me about The RoI? on 11:35 - Sep 9 by Moriarty

I spend time in the Banner every summer. Great county for a break. There are some great pubs/restaurants up and down the coast, and some nice views too

Omobamidele looks like a very good player. Hopefully he will keep progressing. He is so calm and comfortable in possession.

Ndah is doing well too. I'd pass him most days when he's home during the summer. He's only from around the corner. His buddy Jaze Kabia signed for Livingston in Scotland a while back. He was on trial at Ipswich first.

I think Hladky will come good. I think it was the right move bringing in Walton though as we can't wait around for that to happen. Despite what they say in the open, Ashton and Cook, and those high up in the club, really want promotion this year. I think having Edmundson available today against Bolton would be a huge boost. Then add Morsy to that in a couple of weeks and that's a serious outfit. The wins are coming.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 10:57]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024