Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I had to say good bye to Carrie this afternoon 20:56 - Aug 27 with 3206 viewsKeno

She had been diagnosed with liver cancer and was very poorly. Making that decision was hardest thing I’ve ever done but also the right thing to do

I miss my little Welsh springer spaniel so much, I’m not sure I’ll ever get over it. Keno is very unhappy
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 0:16]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I had to say good to Carrie this afternoon on 21:00 - Aug 27 with 2510 viewsgiant_stow

Sorry to read that Mr. RIP Carrie and look after yourself.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I had to say good to Carrie this afternoon on 21:02 - Aug 27 with 2511 viewsLord_Lucan

I feel your pain

When my dog Burley died I cried like a baby. She had gone loopy early one evening and just started walking round in circles, me and the mrs took it in turns to stay up with her all night and cuddle her until we could get the vet in first thing.

Commiserations Keno, it really is unconditional love isn't it!
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 10:08]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I had to say good to Carrie this afternoon on 21:03 - Aug 27 with 2507 viewsSwansea_Blue

😭 thoughts and prayers buh. Never a nice situation. They don’t live as long as us but are always a full part of the family.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sorry to hear that matey..... on 21:04 - Aug 27 with 2509 viewsBloots

....they become a huge part of our lives. When we lost our greyhound I was in bits for weeks.

Just think how much better you made her life, as well as everything she gave you.

You'll get over it, trust me.

In fact, do you want my incredibly annoying, bitey, one year old lurcher? I've just had to kick her out into the hall for the second time this evening.

The little bitch.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Sorry to hear that matey..... on 21:06 - Aug 27 with 2481 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sorry to hear that matey..... on 21:04 - Aug 27 by Bloots

....they become a huge part of our lives. When we lost our greyhound I was in bits for weeks.

Just think how much better you made her life, as well as everything she gave you.

You'll get over it, trust me.

In fact, do you want my incredibly annoying, bitey, one year old lurcher? I've just had to kick her out into the hall for the second time this evening.

The little bitch.

Nice dogs. My grandparents used to take in rescue greyhounds and lurchers. They’re ideal for old gits

I had to say good to Carrie this afternoon on 21:08 - Aug 27 with 2462 viewsSteve_M

Ah, that sucks Keno. Right thing to do but a big hole left. Sorry.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Sorry to hear that matey..... on 21:11 - Aug 27 with 2449 viewsLord_Lucan

Sorry to hear that matey..... on 21:06 - Aug 27 by Swansea_Blue

Nice dogs. My grandparents used to take in rescue greyhounds and lurchers. They’re ideal for old gits

They always look like they need a good old steak and kidney pudding to fatten them up a bit.

My Mrs likes them as her dad had them, I prefer a dog that slobbers all over you and makes it impossible for you to move when they are laying on you.

Poor old Sticky Mockwell came round mine once and then went home only for his dog to have a heart attack in front of him. Terrible stuff

I could not have a house without a dog in it (and I don't mean the Mrs before someone pipes up)

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I had to say good to Carrie this afternoon on 21:16 - Aug 27 with 2423 viewsMerseyBlue

Very sorry to hear that, losing a dog is incredibly sad as you know, but as hard it is you did the right thing and prevented suffering.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Login to get fewer ads

I had to say good to Carrie this afternoon on 21:17 - Aug 27 with 2414 viewshomer_123

Ah...that's sad bud. Sorry to hear that Keno.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Sorry to hear that matey..... on 21:21 - Aug 27 with 2400 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sorry to hear that matey..... on 21:11 - Aug 27 by Lord_Lucan

They always look like they need a good old steak and kidney pudding to fatten them up a bit.

My Mrs likes them as her dad had them, I prefer a dog that slobbers all over you and makes it impossible for you to move when they are laying on you.

Poor old Sticky Mockwell came round mine once and then went home only for his dog to have a heart attack in front of him. Terrible stuff

I could not have a house without a dog in it (and I don't mean the Mrs before someone pipes up)

I know what you mean, although both breeds have lovely temperaments. Even the poor greyhound they rescued from the Irish travellers race scene was as soft as a brush. Poor thing just couldn’t handle being around any men except for my grandad (obviously been beaten regularly), and it took him weeks to earn it’s trust. Keep them on a lead and they’re as placid as can be. Let them off though and you’ll never see them again!

I had to say good to Carrie this afternoon on 21:22 - Aug 27 with 2385 viewsGuthrum

Very sorry to hear that, Keno.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I had to say good to Carrie this afternoon on 21:24 - Aug 27 with 2379 viewsbluelagos

Sorry to read that Ken. Hard decision but am sure it was the kindest one.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Very true..... on 21:31 - Aug 27 with 2347 viewsBloots

Sorry to hear that matey..... on 21:21 - Aug 27 by Swansea_Blue

I know what you mean, although both breeds have lovely temperaments. Even the poor greyhound they rescued from the Irish travellers race scene was as soft as a brush. Poor thing just couldn’t handle being around any men except for my grandad (obviously been beaten regularly), and it took him weeks to earn it’s trust. Keep them on a lead and they’re as placid as can be. Let them off though and you’ll never see them again!

....I actually hired a private field for an hour last weekend.

5 acres, all fenced in. My mate has a lurcher too, so we just let them have a run, they loved it.

My last greyhound was one that I also raced, once I retired her she basically spent 6 years on her sofa. Legend.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

I had to say good to Carrie this afternoon on 21:37 - Aug 27 with 2310 viewscatch74

Thoughts with you Keno.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

I had to say good to Carrie this afternoon on 21:40 - Aug 27 with 2291 viewsBloomBlue

Sorry to hear that Keno, a horrible decision to have to make but I'm sure it was the right decision although I know that doesn't make it any easier

Lovely breed, I had a Welshie many years ago it was a rescue dog named Myfanwy.
I had to say good to Carrie this afternoon on 21:57 - Aug 27 with 2223 viewsFtnfwest

Thinking of you mate. We’ve had teddy the cocker for nearly four years. First dog after all this time and can’t imagine life without him.
I had to say good to Carrie this afternoon on 22:07 - Aug 27 with 2181 viewsPhilTWTD

Sorry to hear that Keno.
I had to say good to Carrie this afternoon on 22:10 - Aug 27 with 2174 viewsgainsboroughblue

Thinking of you Keno. Always awful to lose a pet. Remember the good times.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

I had to say good to Carrie this afternoon on 22:16 - Aug 27 with 2143 viewsmutters

Man oh man, i feel your pain. They come into your life, bring some much joy and then depart too soon. Be kind and gentle on yourself over the next wee while.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

I had to say good to Carrie this afternoon on 22:18 - Aug 27 with 2136 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Currently stumbling around in the dark with our 15 year old Patterdale...had him since Junior was one...dreading the inevitable. Chin up Keno, surely a win tomorrow.

Edit...on a cheerier note, I just checked my emails and Later Life are suggesting that I pay for my funeral now to avoid the price increase!!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2021 22:28]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

I had to say good to Carrie this afternoon on 22:34 - Aug 27 with 2068 viewsRomeo4

Sorry for your loss. Try and remember the good times you had with her. I’m sure there were many.
I had to say good to Carrie this afternoon on 22:48 - Aug 27 with 2034 viewsFixed_It

Mate - just seen that on FB. So sorry. My Mum always said that although it is the hardest decision you'll ever have to make, it is the kindest - and better a day too early than a day too late. I feel your pain - but treasure the memories of the good times - of which I am sure there are many. Take care! Feel free to pm me if you want a chat.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I had to say good to Carrie this afternoon on 23:01 - Aug 27 with 1958 viewsRyorry

So sorry Keno, you did the right thing of course, but it's always a heart-breaking, terrible time.

They're members of our families. Always in our hearts. x

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I had to say good to Carrie this afternoon on 00:12 - Aug 28 with 1855 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Sorry to here that mate, at least you were able to give her an amazing life and that's a great thing to have done

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

I had to say good to Carrie this afternoon on 00:16 - Aug 28 with 1846 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Sorry to hear that Keno. They really are better than people.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024