Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium announcer 22:20 - Aug 9 with 3729 viewsKuqishitsonpukki

Anyone else concerned at all with the vibe coming from the new stadium announcer?? For me he just sounded like he was 79 year old Fred commentating over the tannoy live from the Westleton barrel fair!! Luckily the sound didn’t really work too well where I sit in SBR but the snippets I did catch seemed highly unlikely to get people off their seats.

Lots of awkward links and just didn’t seem to come very naturally. I mean no harm or intend to disrespect anyone but IMO he seemed a bit out of touch. For me this was the perfect time to freshen this part of the match day experience up, we need someone young fresh and exciting to appeal to the younger fans, bring some energy in and bring the club up to a modern day match experience, listening to him reminded me of tuning into Radio Suffolk, it’s a little outdated and not quite up to speed, although a good swathe of fans really like it, unfortunately it’s not moving with the times. Is their anyone on here that can share this opinion with those that matter at the club with a chance of sorting this out before we have to endure a whole season of it??
Stadium announcer on 12:53 - Aug 10 with 334 viewsZx1988

I didn't realise he was doing it as a voluntary role and therein, to my mind, lies the problem. There's minimal accountability, and no genuine incentive for him to up his game and do the best, most professional, job possible.

I highlighted his lack of pre-match research after the Palace game when he seemed utterly incapable of pronouncing Luka Milivjoevic's surname, and it sounded as if he encountered the same problem with Diagouraga on Saturday.

To me, that isn't just amateurish, but bordering on the disrespectful.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Stadium announcer on 13:26 - Aug 10 with 282 viewsRIPbobby

I'll be honest I couldn't care less for the pa. I go to the match to watch 2 teams battle it out for a victory. To feel the excitement, the passion, the journey you go on in 90 minutes.

Mind you I remember crackly speakers playing Robert de niros waiting and the blues running out to enter the gladiators. Oh and the occasional waft of cigar smoke on a cold winter day. Miss terracing mostly from football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024