Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something for fans bemoaning the club over centre back signings to think of. 09:57 - Aug 10 with 905 viewsOwainG1992

We have had the most exciting summer to remember in God knows how long!
I certainly agree we could do with at least 1 more centre back.
But arguably getting a good and I mean very good centre back is the most important part of a team.
A lot of younger fans may disagree but that strong leader (De Vos, MaCaulay, Mowbray) are not easy to come by.
So the club are going for the right player.
The window has a few weeks left.
Be patient because my god Ashton and his people are doing outstanding work!
Roll on Newport tonight!

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Something for fans bemoaning the club over centre back signings to think of. on 10:04 - Aug 10 with 854 viewsSteve_M

People aren't bemoaning that, most are conscious there is still time left in the window. It is, however, a glaring need and we will do better this season if we have some experience at the back.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Something for fans bemoaning the club over centre back signings to think of. on 10:06 - Aug 10 with 835 viewschicoazul

Now Downes has gone we will be able to move on the guys lined up at CB and CM.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Something for fans bemoaning the club over centre back signings to think of. on 10:11 - Aug 10 with 798 viewsOwainG1992

Something for fans bemoaning the club over centre back signings to think of. on 10:04 - Aug 10 by Steve_M

People aren't bemoaning that, most are conscious there is still time left in the window. It is, however, a glaring need and we will do better this season if we have some experience at the back.

Fair enough but some are, A lot of the twitter flakes.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Something for fans bemoaning the club over centre back signings to think of. on 13:25 - Aug 10 with 658 viewsPinewoodblue

Transfer window closes 11pm, three weeks from today.

Plenty of timeā€¦..

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Something for fans bemoaning the club over centre back signings to think of. on 13:45 - Aug 10 with 589 viewsSharkey

"A lot of younger fans may disagree but that strong leader (De Vos, MaCaulay, Mowbray) are not easy to come by."

I wonder if Ashton's insistence that all players live within 20 miles of the town makes things more difficult. Strong leaders /gritty central defenders tend to be older, and maybe they have partners with fulfilling careers of their own, kids in school rather than kindergarten, and already enough money in the bank not to be told exactly where they need to live. Ashton says it's important to be 'part of the community' here - but senior players may already be doing longer-term community projects elsewhere which they don't wish to give up.
FWIW, my own view is that players should be encouraged to 'get involved' if they want to, but that living in Brentwood, say, should not stop them from being eligible to play for the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024