Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we stop this right now please? 18:37 - Aug 9 with 3367 viewsOriginalMarkyP

We're all happy we've got money.

We're all happy we're bringing exciting players in.

But can we not descend into teenage glee at our ability to outspend and outdo our rivals?

There is no class in that.

Yes, it's been a long time since we've had anything to shout about, but some of the gratuitous rolling around in the money and mocking other clubs we beat to the punch is pretty cheap and disgusting for me.

I always thought Ipswich fans had a bit more class than some. To see people turning into Harry Enfield's Loadsamoney at the first sniff of a fiver is a bit...disappointing.

We'll win a lot of games hopefully this season. But we'll all look back on it more fondly if we can win them with class and a touch of humbleness that takes into account how close our club has been to going under in the past.

Football has a horribly predictable way of dumping those who let arrogance get the better of them, right back squarely on their arse.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Can we stop this right now please? on 18:38 - Aug 9 with 2779 viewsCrockerITFC

I agree
Can we stop this right now please? on 18:41 - Aug 9 with 2721 viewsdeano85

As ive said elsewhere.
All this spending power is getting a bit embarrassing, but in a good way, like when you wearing speedos and everyone realises you have a huge 'set of keys'
Can we stop this right now please? on 18:42 - Aug 9 with 2705 viewsBrianTablet

Can we stop this right now please? on 18:38 - Aug 9 by CrockerITFC

I agree

Can we at least have:

"We've got the clean-est ro-of, in the league."

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Can we stop this right now please? on 18:44 - Aug 9 with 2661 viewsThai_Blue

I totally agree
Can we stop this right now please? on 18:46 - Aug 9 with 2634 viewsJ2BLUE

It's a pendulum. We've suffered the other side for so long that some people are now being complete bellends.

If we go up again we're still not going to compete with parachute payments so we'll be on the other side again.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Can we stop this right now please? on 18:46 - Aug 9 with 2623 viewsLeaky

Completly agree, did we learn nothing from waving monopoly money at Nobwich when Evans took over. Look where they are now compared to us.
[Redacted] on 18:47 - Aug 9 with 2607 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Can we stop this right now please? on 18:54 - Aug 9 with 2512 viewsDubtractor

Agree completely.

Enjoy our good fortune, but don't be the gobby tvvat that everyone else mocks behind their back.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Can we stop this right now please? on 18:54 - Aug 9 with 2504 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I don't think we are out spending by much, we've sold players, cut the wage bill almost down to zero and rebuilt.

We've been lucky in that we've been in a position to do it as football copes with a seismic financial impact because of the new owners and investment but its not like we've gone all Man C.

Besides we've had nothing to cheer for 15 years so can we not enjoy it...?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Can we stop this right now please? on 18:56 - Aug 9 with 2484 viewslegoman

Can we stop this right now please? on 18:46 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

It's a pendulum. We've suffered the other side for so long that some people are now being complete bellends.

If we go up again we're still not going to compete with parachute payments so we'll be on the other side again.

No we will not...This project is up, up, up.

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

Can we stop this right now please? on 18:56 - Aug 9 with 2485 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Can we stop this right now please? on 18:54 - Aug 9 by BlueandTruesince82

I don't think we are out spending by much, we've sold players, cut the wage bill almost down to zero and rebuilt.

We've been lucky in that we've been in a position to do it as football copes with a seismic financial impact because of the new owners and investment but its not like we've gone all Man C.

We should enjoy it.

But not being a bunch of cuuts.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Can we stop this right now please? on 18:56 - Aug 9 with 2484 viewsHullblue

Can we stop this right now please? on 18:46 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

Accidental down vote there, J2 - still getting used to these thumb things.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Can we stop this right now please? on 19:01 - Aug 9 with 2417 viewsEdmundo

Can we stop this right now please? on 18:54 - Aug 9 by BlueandTruesince82

Agree. But good to remember what happened in 2007 (until just last year) and particularly in 2018. We are a long way from success... but rock bottem has been hit, so let's enjoy the ride with a big smile on our faces. No need to be co(ky but equally no need to call the fun police.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Can we stop this right now please? on 19:08 - Aug 9 with 2343 viewsKeaneish

…but we will have a better tannoy system than them soon.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Can we stop this right now please? on 19:19 - Aug 9 with 2261 viewsHighgateBlue

Agreed.

I know you're making a more general point, but: I'm slightly embarrassed at the treatment of Jacobs. I can see that sometimes it's "kill or be killed" and that you have to be a bit ruthless in the market sometimes, but I take no enjoyment in this particular episode, and I think that Cowley has been fairly restrained.
Can we stop this right now please? on 19:26 - Aug 9 with 2174 viewschrismakin

Can we stop this right now please? on 19:19 - Aug 9 by HighgateBlue

Agreed.

I know you're making a more general point, but: I'm slightly embarrassed at the treatment of Jacobs. I can see that sometimes it's "kill or be killed" and that you have to be a bit ruthless in the market sometimes, but I take no enjoyment in this particular episode, and I think that Cowley has been fairly restrained.

Tbh PC would have explained the situation.

Dont forget with Jacobs it would be a massive risk based on his Knee op etc. He knows it. He prob will be gutted but I'm selfish and glad we pulled out when a top target was available instead. Under Evans we would have got both.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Can we stop this right now please? on 19:27 - Aug 9 with 2153 viewsStrimmer

Agree. Been saying for a while we need to keep our heads down a bit. A) because class etc and b)mitigate embarrassment if it goes t1ts up.

Its a losing strategy to be gloating all over the place. Lost nothing if you do actually p!ss the league but just look like wallies if you don't.

Same as why I was pleased we've got boring kits this year. Last thing we need is more gaudy baubles attracting attention to us.

Poll: Was it a punch?

Can we stop this right now please? on 19:30 - Aug 9 with 2120 viewsLeaky

Can we stop this right now please? on 19:26 - Aug 9 by chrismakin

Dont forget with Jacobs it would be a massive risk based on his Knee op etc. He knows it. He prob will be gutted but I'm selfish and glad we pulled out when a top target was available instead. Under Evans we would have got both.

Probably niether, would sign someone from raggyarse rovers on a free on deadline day
Can we stop this right now please? on 19:31 - Aug 9 with 2098 viewsCuffy81

Can we stop this right now please? on 18:56 - Aug 9 by OriginalMarkyP

We should enjoy it.

Exactly this

Enjoy our new ownership, celebrate and be happy

But do it with respect for the rest of the league, signings do not automatically mean success.

Some of our fans seem to take great pride in behaving like complete helmets online
Can we stop this right now please? on 19:37 - Aug 9 with 2025 viewspointofblue

Can we stop this right now please? on 18:56 - Aug 9 by OriginalMarkyP

We should enjoy it.

You would think we would have learned after waving notes at Norwich fans after Evans’ takeover!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Can we stop this right now please? on 19:38 - Aug 9 with 2022 viewsmrshallisfit

Can we stop this right now please? on 19:26 - Aug 9 by chrismakin

We would have got neither. The fifth choice stop-gap option perhaps.
Can we stop this right now please? on 19:40 - Aug 9 with 1982 viewschrismakin

Can we stop this right now please? on 19:37 - Aug 9 by pointofblue

You would think we would have learned after waving notes at Norwich fans after Evans’ takeover!

Really tho what is it. A mini group of people on social media I comparison to thousands of sensible fans.

Makes us look stupid but it wont stop. All teams have them.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Can we stop this right now please? on 19:42 - Aug 9 with 1964 viewsjasondozzell

Well said. Agree.
Can we stop this right now please? on 19:47 - Aug 9 with 1934 viewsitfc_bucks

Can we stop this right now please? on 19:38 - Aug 9 by mrshallisfit

We would have got neither. The fifth choice stop-gap option perhaps.

Are you kidding?

We'd have spent a cool £1m resigning Skuse from down the road
Can we stop this right now please? on 19:49 - Aug 9 with 1909 viewslowhouseblue

i agree. let's crow when we've won the league.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024