Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Messi 18:00 - Aug 8 with 6389 viewsBelsteadCav

If he was really in love with Barca he’d play on 100k a week, like the rest of the squad.

But hes going to PSG for 25m a year

Don’t believe those crocodile tears

All about the money

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Messi on 18:02 - Aug 8 with 3789 viewschrismakin

Made me laugh his tears. It's completely in his hands.
Cant even say it's about making a future for himself and family when hes earned what he has.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Messi on 18:05 - Aug 8 with 3777 viewsWD19

I thought the same…..but I think maybe it is a bit more complicated. Because he is not contracted to Barcelona they cannot register him….even if he agreed to play for free…..so the story goes.
Messi on 18:12 - Aug 8 with 3711 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If your job was paying £50k a year and you loved your job, your spending would be based on £50k a year.

If your job then wen't down to £25k a year overnight, you'd end up in the shoite pretty quickly wouldn't you and would end up having to leave the job you love, to take another because you love your family more.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Messi on 18:13 - Aug 8 with 3701 viewsDevereuxxx

Even if he played for free they wouldn't be able to register him as they have been required to bring their wage bill to under 70% of total turnover and they're at 95%. Looks like both club and player tried everything for him to stay, but it's the clubs utterly terrible economic mismanagement which has lead to this.
Messi on 18:13 - Aug 8 with 3687 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Messi on 18:12 - Aug 8 by Cheltenham_Blue

If your job was paying £50k a year and you loved your job, your spending would be based on £50k a year.

If your job then wen't down to £25k a year overnight, you'd end up in the shoite pretty quickly wouldn't you and would end up having to leave the job you love, to take another because you love your family more.

I think it's slightly different when you wage only just covers basic living costs.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Messi on 18:14 - Aug 8 with 3687 viewstonybied

That's true but Messi earns a little more than that and can't possibly spend all his wage so that comparison doesn't really work. I feel no sorrow for him at all.
Messi on 18:14 - Aug 8 with 3678 viewschrismakin

Only if you're thick tbh (not you. The person you speak of)

I'd have plenty in a savings account tbh. Esp earning 100k a week.
Altho I suppose it depends how much in tax fines hes still paying off??

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Messi on 18:29 - Aug 8 with 3612 viewsJ2BLUE

Yea that's EXACTLY the same.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Messi on 18:36 - Aug 8 with 3582 viewsBarcaBlue

Messi on 18:02 - Aug 8 by chrismakin

Made me laugh his tears. It's completely in his hands.
Cant even say it's about making a future for himself and family when hes earned what he has.

It wasn't in his hands and they definitely weren't crocodile tears, but as long as it made you happy.
Messi on 18:38 - Aug 8 with 3564 viewsRamRob

Messi on 18:13 - Aug 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think it's slightly different when you wage only just covers basic living costs.

I'm sure he could make a living off sponsorship deals alone

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Messi on 18:44 - Aug 8 with 3536 viewschrismakin

Messi on 18:36 - Aug 8 by BarcaBlue

It wasn't in his hands and they definitely weren't crocodile tears, but as long as it made you happy.

He wasnt forced to accept 100k a week

Of course Barca have caused themselves problems. But greedy players shouldn't then put on the tears when the club cant afford to keep them.

Messi on 18:46 - Aug 8 with 3538 viewsThisIsMyUsername

'All about the money'...... Disagree.

It's only £480k a week before tax.
Plus appearance bonuses.
Plus goal bonuses.
Plus a hefty signing-on bonus.
Plus sponsorships.

The guy needs the money. Barca were obviously not able to pay him what he needs to live and support his family. He's probably not got a lot saved in the bank either. Say if Barca had offered him £100k a week to stay, how could you expect anyone to live on that? Could you or I? Doubt it.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Messi on 18:50 - Aug 8 with 3506 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Messi on 18:44 - Aug 8 by chrismakin

Of course Barca have caused themselves problems. But greedy players shouldn't then put on the tears when the club cant afford to keep them.

100k a week? He’s on 132m a year. So £2.5m a week.

Dropping to 100k a week would be 4% of his previous contract

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Messi on 18:51 - Aug 8 with 3495 viewschrismakin

Messi on 18:50 - Aug 8 by The_Romford_Blue

100k a week? He’s on 132m a year. So £2.5m a week.

Dropping to 100k a week would be 4% of his previous contract

Fk off. Was he really. That's disgusting.

I remember seeing 100k somewhere. Maybe that's the lacklustre offer he was made lol
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 18:52]

Messi on 18:52 - Aug 8 with 3495 viewsPendejo

I get what you are saying, I've been there.... But Messi was on gazillions and it's pretty damn hard to spend that much and end up with nothing.

If he lived Barca that much he'd pay for the privilege of continuing to play for them. After all they've enriched him way beyond the dreams of the teenaged lad that joined them in 2000.

However, he has, like all of us, a knowledge of his own self worth and is entitled to seek that elsewhere.

But if he's into charitable gestures... Cook's phone number is +44 7* **** ****

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Messi on 18:54 - Aug 8 with 3480 viewsBarcaBlue

Messi on 18:44 - Aug 8 by chrismakin

You don't have a clue really, do you? Messi agreed a 50% pay cut and was expecting to start training on Friday. The club told him a day or so before that they couldn't honour the agreement and he had to leave, they didn't make a new offer or do anything at all to keep him on with different terms.

There's no need to make things up when the full story is readily available for anyone bothered to read up on it.
Messi on 18:57 - Aug 8 with 3414 viewschrismakin

Messi on 18:54 - Aug 8 by BarcaBlue

You don't have a clue really, do you? Messi agreed a 50% pay cut and was expecting to start training on Friday. The club told him a day or so before that they couldn't honour the agreement and he had to leave, they didn't make a new offer or do anything at all to keep him on with different terms.

There's no need to make things up when the full story is readily available for anyone bothered to read up on it.

My point being is hes played a part in Barca spending

Dont stand there all teary when you've pretty much ensured you've made millions from them and been one of the causes of their issues.

Great player. But could he do it on a Tuesday night at stoke.

Messi on 18:58 - Aug 8 with 3404 viewsPendejo

Messi on 18:13 - Aug 8 by Devereuxxx

Even if he played for free they wouldn't be able to register him as they have been required to bring their wage bill to under 70% of total turnover and they're at 95%. Looks like both club and player tried everything for him to stay, but it's the clubs utterly terrible economic mismanagement which has lead to this.

So what you are saying is that they need Cook to go in there with his game changer broom?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Messi on 19:01 - Aug 8 with 3387 viewsvilanovablue

It's more to with FCB being screwed. His contract ran down and they can't currently afford to resign him. More to do with Barca being screwed. Also why the hell should anyone work for nothing!
Messi on 19:04 - Aug 8 with 3364 viewsBarcaBlue

Messi on 18:57 - Aug 8 by chrismakin

My point being is hes played a part in Barca spending

Dont stand there all teary when you've pretty much ensured you've made millions from them and been one of the causes of their issues.

Great player. But could he do it on a Tuesday night at stoke.

That's not your point at all - it's the first time you've come up with that ridiculous idea. You accused him of being greedy and blubbing but you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Messi on 19:15 - Aug 8 with 3290 viewschrismakin

Messi on 19:04 - Aug 8 by BarcaBlue

That's not your point at all - it's the first time you've come up with that ridiculous idea. You accused him of being greedy and blubbing but you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Course it's my point. Hes not been forced to accept an obscene amount amount of money to play for them. He and his agent has done the forcing. So dont stand there when the clubs fked themselves financially when you've been part of the problem.

Messi on 19:29 - Aug 8 with 3239 viewsSwansea_Blue

Messi on 19:04 - Aug 8 by BarcaBlue

Let’s put it this way, I’m more inclined to believe your version of events as it sounds at least a little bit informed

Can’t be easy for him saying farewell to the club he’s spent his whole career. He’ll still have emotions however much money we’re talking about.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Messi on 19:29 - Aug 8 with 3233 viewsBarcaBlue

Messi on 19:15 - Aug 8 by chrismakin

Course it's my point. Hes not been forced to accept an obscene amount amount of money to play for them. He and his agent has done the forcing. So dont stand there when the clubs fked themselves financially when you've been part of the problem.

The club asked him to take a 50% pay cut, he accepted and was expecting to start training last Friday. You may struggle with facts but I thought I might need to repeat it for you.

As for his previous contracts, I'm pretty sure that's what they call "negotiation", reaching a deal that both parties agree on.

I'm sure Barça have a very good idea of the revenue Messi generates each year and make an offer accordingly - it wouldn't surprise me if he's ended up costing zero. Messi was never really the problem but a series of poor signings by the previous regime. Like I said you don't have a point or a clue.
Messi on 19:31 - Aug 8 with 3211 viewschrismakin

Messi on 19:29 - Aug 8 by BarcaBlue

The club asked him to take a 50% pay cut, he accepted and was expecting to start training last Friday. You may struggle with facts but I thought I might need to repeat it for you.

As for his previous contracts, I'm pretty sure that's what they call "negotiation", reaching a deal that both parties agree on.

I'm sure Barça have a very good idea of the revenue Messi generates each year and make an offer accordingly - it wouldn't surprise me if he's ended up costing zero. Messi was never really the problem but a series of poor signings by the previous regime. Like I said you don't have a point or a clue.

Lol costing zero. And you say I dont have a clue. Lol

If players including messi ended up as costing zero. Barca would have the financial issues they have now.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 19:32]

Messi on 19:46 - Aug 8 with 3125 viewsBarcaBlue

Messi on 19:31 - Aug 8 by chrismakin

Lol costing zero. And you say I dont have a clue. Lol

If players including messi ended up as costing zero. Barca would have the financial issues they have now.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 19:32]

You obviously don't have a clue, there aren't players like Messi. Barça signed players that made no sporting or financial sense - that's where most of the problem lies, not with a greedy and blubbing Messi.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024