Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The cup Tuesday night. 07:22 - Aug 8 with 1283 viewsPaddy39

I enjoyed our first home game of the season. Please play the same team on Tuesday this will give them another game under their belts in helping them to Gell. They don’t need resting as they have only played one game so far this season. Seen flashes in our team on Saturday of what’s to come and at times we were classy. It’s the inevitable errors that will kill us. Centre backs needed, taxi for Wolffie anyone.

Poll: Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP?

The cup Tuesday night. on 11:06 - Aug 8 with 1160 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Think he’s already said that the likes of Aluko are going to start

Poll: Our final position

The cup Tuesday night. on 11:11 - Aug 8 with 1147 viewsWickets

PC said on Radio Suffolk others will get match practise . Watch the highlights not all Woofies fault !
The cup Tuesday night. on 11:21 - Aug 8 with 1117 viewsPinewoodblue

It is going to depend on what PC is looking to achieve from the Newport game. Hopefully he will not make wholesale changes and use the game to take a look at how different partnerships work. Involve yesterday’s unused subs, it is a team game.

What is important is to get a result as at this stage of the season you need as many competitive games as possible. That means getting to the next round in the League Cup.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The cup Tuesday night. on 11:28 - Aug 8 with 1108 viewsTomTheWriter

The cup Tuesday night. on 11:21 - Aug 8 by Pinewoodblue

It is going to depend on what PC is looking to achieve from the Newport game. Hopefully he will not make wholesale changes and use the game to take a look at how different partnerships work. Involve yesterday’s unused subs, it is a team game.

What is important is to get a result as at this stage of the season you need as many competitive games as possible. That means getting to the next round in the League Cup.

Cook said he still doesn’t know his best team yet, and needs to seem others to know what they can do. I can see quite a few changes, but not all 11.

For me, i’d like to see - Hladky; Donacien, Edmundson, Ndaba, Penney; Evans, El Miz; Dobra, Norwood, Barry, Bonne.

Bench of Holy, Woolfenden, Humprhys, Harper, Siziba, Aluko, Chaplin.

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

The cup Tuesday night. on 12:35 - Aug 8 with 1052 viewsJDB23

I personally wouldn't play the same team. They will need some recovery time as they wont be fully match fit and we don't even know what our best XI is yet. I'd go something like:

Holy
Donacien
Woolf (let him get that game out of his system)
Ndaba
Coulson (If he signs in time)
Humphreys
Harper (no one else who can come in really)
Aluko
Dobra
Barry
Norwood
The cup Tuesday night. on 13:14 - Aug 8 with 969 viewsportmanroadblue

Thought the same, keep the same side to give more game time together, however, thinking about it, if PC hasnt worked out his first 11, it gives the fringe players a chance to impress for the next game.
The cup Tuesday night. on 13:57 - Aug 8 with 908 viewsmonty_radio

The cup Tuesday night. on 12:35 - Aug 8 by JDB23

I personally wouldn't play the same team. They will need some recovery time as they wont be fully match fit and we don't even know what our best XI is yet. I'd go something like:

Holy
Donacien
Woolf (let him get that game out of his system)
Ndaba
Coulson (If he signs in time)
Humphreys
Harper (no one else who can come in really)
Aluko
Dobra
Barry
Norwood

Not sure that Donacien ought necessarily be in that sort of side having a) played a full half and more, but more importantly, b) being, as things stand, a vital fall-back for the first team, maybe for a while.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

The cup Tuesday night. on 14:03 - Aug 8 with 892 viewsJDB23

The cup Tuesday night. on 13:57 - Aug 8 by monty_radio

Not sure that Donacien ought necessarily be in that sort of side having a) played a full half and more, but more importantly, b) being, as things stand, a vital fall-back for the first team, maybe for a while.

Who else would you play at RB? the only other recognised one we have is KVY, he played 90mins and we all know his injury history.
Login to get fewer ads

The cup Tuesday night. on 14:03 - Aug 8 with 892 viewsWicklowBlue

The cup Tuesday night. on 13:57 - Aug 8 by monty_radio

Chance to play Baggott?
The cup Tuesday night. on 15:14 - Aug 8 with 799 viewsWickets

The cup Tuesday night. on 11:28 - Aug 8 by TomTheWriter

Cook said he still doesn’t know his best team yet, and needs to seem others to know what they can do. I can see quite a few changes, but not all 11.

For me, i’d like to see - Hladky; Donacien, Edmundson, Ndaba, Penney; Evans, El Miz; Dobra, Norwood, Barry, Bonne.

I also like to see Edmundson but he has not trained as yet !
The cup Tuesday night. on 15:26 - Aug 8 with 762 viewsKeaneish

Cook spoke about combinations, partnerships and combinations. This cup is the perfect opportunity to try out different combinations. I expect we’ll see quite a few.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The cup Tuesday night. on 15:27 - Aug 8 with 761 viewsurbanblue

The cup Tuesday night. on 11:28 - Aug 8 by TomTheWriter

So what's Joe Pigott done wrong to not even make the squad??
The cup Tuesday night. on 15:58 - Aug 8 with 667 viewsmonty_radio

The cup Tuesday night. on 14:03 - Aug 8 by JDB23

Who else would you play at RB? the only other recognised one we have is KVY, he played 90mins and we all know his injury history.

Who else? Depends if you think Donacien would/should be risked for such a fixture. Edwin Agbaje looked a threat in the U18 semi-final side. If Clements, a Left back, can play Centre Half, then he could probably play R.B. for such a game.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

The cup Tuesday night. on 16:05 - Aug 8 with 646 viewsTomTheWriter

The cup Tuesday night. on 15:27 - Aug 8 by urbanblue

So what's Joe Pigott done wrong to not even make the squad??

Chaplin needs the minutes more than Pigott does, and it would give Cook the chance to see how Chaplin could do as a centre forward. It was between Siziba and Pigott for the final spot, think the kid deserves the chance with the first team after 8 goals in 2 games 😂

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

The cup Tuesday night. on 16:09 - Aug 8 with 631 viewsJDB23

The cup Tuesday night. on 15:58 - Aug 8 by monty_radio

Who else? Depends if you think Donacien would/should be risked for such a fixture. Edwin Agbaje looked a threat in the U18 semi-final side. If Clements, a Left back, can play Centre Half, then he could probably play R.B. for such a game.

We need to get minutes into the legs of players who are going to be in and around the first team so they are ready when/if needed. Donacien will spend most of this season as a backup unless KVY gets crocked so I don't see it as the risk you do. He only got 60 mins at CB yesterday, he needs to get some time on the pitch at RB to understand how Cook wants him to play there.
The cup Tuesday night. on 16:22 - Aug 8 with 602 viewspositivity

quite apart from all the other reasons, it'd be cruel to play toto with a hamstring injury...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

The cup Tuesday night. on 16:27 - Aug 8 with 587 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The cup Tuesday night. on 16:22 - Aug 8 by positivity

quite apart from all the other reasons, it'd be cruel to play toto with a hamstring injury...

He can run it off.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024