Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 22:25 - Aug 7 with 9040 viewstextbackup

18 months away from ‘home’

And 80% of the heroic north stand stood in silence

It’s honestly fcking painful

If you sit there, and don’t bother singing, why are you there?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

No subject on 09:19 - Aug 8 with 1730 viewsstrikalite

Got to say it, the songs are still as sh!t3 as they've always been, walked into The Plough at 2pm(which was surprisingly half empty)and you have lads singing the Delia Delia die song ffs, they're 20 singing about an old woman with a fecking team in the Premier League!

You lads need to come up with some decent new songs for these new players, hopefully given time that will happen, that can massively lift players too....

Agree re sitting in SBRL though, needs those rail seating's installed, no idea why that hasn't happened yet, been talking about it for three seasons!
No subject on 09:24 - Aug 8 with 1708 views3_5_2

No subject on 08:21 - Aug 8 by textbackup

And that’s the problem, too many sit there for some nostalgic reasons, without being there to actually support.
View is sht too, not even like there’s anything to gain from sitting there if you aren’t there to sing

"and thats the problem too many sit there for some nostalgic reasons"

What a load of horseh!t

Fans can pay and sit where they like behave how they like

What would you have them do? Move because you dont like it?

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

No subject on 09:34 - Aug 8 with 1684 viewsYallop

No subject on 09:24 - Aug 8 by 3_5_2

What a load of horseh!t

Sounds like because I only pick and choose when I sing I'm a seat blocker. I assume by that there's a waiting list of proper supporters that haven't been able to get a ticket in the north for the last 40 years
No subject on 09:51 - Aug 8 with 1646 viewstimothyeo

No subject on 09:19 - Aug 8 by strikalite

Got to say it, the songs are still as sh!t3 as they've always been, walked into The Plough at 2pm(which was surprisingly half empty)and you have lads singing the Delia Delia die song ffs, they're 20 singing about an old woman with a fecking team in the Premier League!

You lads need to come up with some decent new songs for these new players, hopefully given time that will happen, that can massively lift players too....

Agree re sitting in SBRL though, needs those rail seating's installed, no idea why that hasn't happened yet, been talking about it for three seasons!

Yep, its really cringey.

Whether you like it or not regardless, if you sit NSL lower and don't sing, you are part of the problem.
No subject on 09:59 - Aug 8 with 1634 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Geezer two to my left didn’t say a word all game. Couldn’t understand why he came to the north stand only to stand in silence. Hopefully he’s not a season ticket holder.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

No subject on 10:03 - Aug 8 with 1612 viewsPinewoodblue

No subject on 09:51 - Aug 8 by timothyeo

Yep, its really cringey.

Whether you like it or not regardless, if you sit NSL lower and don't sing, you are part of the problem.

If you want to create a different atmosphere to those around you have you considered moving to a different part of the ground?

Your response no doubt will ask the question “Why should we?” Do you really think there should be an upper age limit in SBRL, that fans who have been in stand for years, some even back in the day when north stand was shared with away fans, should move just to fit in with you vision of what the stand should be.

Why is it that it is always someone else’s problem.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

No subject on 10:04 - Aug 8 with 1609 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Scotty Frasers magic
He wears a magic hat
He used to play for MK
But he said ‘no fook that’
He came to play for Ipswich
To wear the blue and white
And when we reach the championship
We’ll sing this song all night

Oh Texters you sausage on 10:10 - Aug 8 with 1592 viewsDyland

When are you gonna accept our fanbase is just a tad weanery :) BA and a few outliers notwithstanding.

I stopped going to London away games because there seemed to be a very vocal minority of youngsters who sang about wearing a hat or all sitting down then standing up and other such non footy childish stuff. Fine, they are having fun, but it doesn't create the unique footy atmosphere.

Need to move the 'Ultras' (yeh right) to the South stand corner. I know plod doesn't like it. And you're right it is annoying and a bit weird people in NSL never making a noise, but it aint gonna change.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

No subject on 10:10 - Aug 8 with 1589 views3_5_2

No subject on 09:59 - Aug 8 by The_Romford_Blue

Geezer two to my left didn’t say a word all game. Couldn’t understand why he came to the north stand only to stand in silence. Hopefully he’s not a season ticket holder.

because he can?

I assume he paid the same as you

Its his choice, not yours

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

No subject on 10:11 - Aug 8 with 1588 viewsDyland

No subject on 10:10 - Aug 8 by 3_5_2

because he can?

I assume he paid the same as you

Its his choice, not yours

Alright alright, Geezer Two To Rommers' Left ;)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

No subject on 10:13 - Aug 8 with 1578 viewsPinewoodblue

No subject on 02:13 - Aug 8 by floridablue

Flicking back and forth between two of tonight's MLS evening games and both stadiums are rocking! Orlando playing up in the sold out Cincinnati one and then over to Orlando's ex coach, Adrian (ex Everton) Heaths sold out Minnesota Loons. Non stop singing and flag waving from the safe standing, behind the goal areas even when the opposition attacks!

Not been to an MSL game for a number of years but did enjoy a few Orlando games at the old Orange Bowl.

Used to go in the stand occupied by the flag wavers, singers. They congregated outside and marched in together. You would find printed song sheets on your seat. The way thr cheer leaders organised things was interesting. They would stand on the railings, back to the action and, working together, orchestrate what happened.

Wouldn’t work in SBRL…unless you could guarantee the sunshine and take a reasonably priced beer to your seat.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

No subject on 10:19 - Aug 8 with 1555 viewsstrikalite

No subject on 10:04 - Aug 8 by The_Romford_Blue

Scotty Frasers magic
He wears a magic hat
He used to play for MK

It aint bad Rommy yeah, so that is the first song on your hymn sheet that you need to hand out to EVERYONE prior to KO, you see this is the problem with any new song, you can't get enough starting it all at the same time...with our lot, not a chance!

They can cope with "blue army" ....Give us an "I"...(which I HATE, so cheerleader naff)...and the "finest football team" ones, but not heard a decent new song in years now..
No subject on 10:23 - Aug 8 with 1532 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I'll be honest. I've never understood the whole 'section 6' thing.

Yes, its great to get fans who want to sing all in the same area, but its all a bit safe singing 'Sit down, shut up' at opposition fans when you've got 9000 OAPs between you and them.

And atmosphere needs two things, a solid group of singing fans, and a opposition support that you can build a rapport with via singing. IMHO, 'Section 6' should be in the North stand, even in S3 NSU.

Also......some new songs.

I'm not sure any league one sides are too bothered about when we beat a side now two leagues above us and made our Christmas, that particular one should be retired until we are back in the same league as Nodge.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

No subject on 10:36 - Aug 8 with 1504 viewsstrikalite

No subject on 10:23 - Aug 8 by Cheltenham_Blue

I'll be honest. I've never understood the whole 'section 6' thing.

Yes, its great to get fans who want to sing all in the same area, but its all a bit safe singing 'Sit down, shut up' at opposition fans when you've got 9000 OAPs between you and them.

And atmosphere needs two things, a solid group of singing fans, and a opposition support that you can build a rapport with via singing. IMHO, 'Section 6' should be in the North stand, even in S3 NSU.

Also......some new songs.

I'm not sure any league one sides are too bothered about when we beat a side now two leagues above us and made our Christmas, that particular one should be retired until we are back in the same league as Nodge.

All the Nodge ones should be retired, but they won't be as they have nothing else to sing about, they were once our rivals, before these lads were even born, now we're playing Morecambe(no disrespects to them, they've done brilliantly)....and that lot up the road are playing Liverpool, AGAIIN....
No subject on 10:48 - Aug 8 with 1471 viewsITFC_Forever

As I said in the other thread….

The trouble with the SBRL is that it’s been all-seater for almost 30 years.

There’s people in that part of the stadium who were in their 20s and 30s when it first went all-seater and loved a chant as much as anyone. Now those people are in their 50s and 60s aren’t as inclined to sing and chant, but like their seat and the view from it.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

No subject on 10:55 - Aug 8 with 1461 viewstextbackup

No subject on 08:31 - Aug 8 by Yallop

Not there to actually support???

Like i said I'll pick and choose which songs i sing and the views spot on cheers

I think you’ve jumped in here when there’s no need to, you clearly do join in, as stated, my issue isn’t with that type of fan... its with those that never join in.

No subject on 10:55 - Aug 8 with 1452 viewstextbackup

No subject on 09:24 - Aug 8 by 3_5_2

What a load of horseh!t

Yes

No subject on 11:39 - Aug 8 with 1376 viewsMerseyBlue

No subject on 10:36 - Aug 8 by strikalite

All the Nodge ones should be retired, but they won't be as they have nothing else to sing about, they were once our rivals, before these lads were even born, now we're playing Morecambe(no disrespects to them, they've done brilliantly)....and that lot up the road are playing Liverpool, AGAIIN....

We'll be back in the same league next season. For all their years of pulling ahead of us, they've not achieved much. I made a lot of money betting against them last time they were in the PL and I'm sure I will again this year.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

No subject on 12:26 - Aug 8 with 1337 viewsYallop

No subject on 10:55 - Aug 8 by textbackup

I think you’ve jumped in here when there’s no need to, you clearly do join in, as stated, my issue isn’t with that type of fan... its with those that never join in.

There's plenty of room for everyone. These super singers won't have a problem getting a season ticket in there if they want to.
No subject on 14:05 - Aug 8 with 1260 viewsLeaky

No subject on 10:04 - Aug 8 by The_Romford_Blue

Scotty Frasers magic
He wears a magic hat
He used to play for MK

Good effort
No subject on 14:32 - Aug 8 with 1231 viewsnorth_stand77

Please, please, please stop with the Delia songs. There were some singing it in the north stand yesterday and its horrible. Just makes us look stupid.
No subject on 14:48 - Aug 8 with 1186 viewsTheBlueGnu

Polite answer - because I pay my money, like sitting there, sat there for ages with my friends, I like cheering at goals, but I'm not keen on singing myself - but like hearing others singing.

Abrasive answer: F-ck off.

Poll: Other than "The Mean Machine", what was your favourite Wacky Races car ?

No subject on 14:52 - Aug 8 with 1174 viewsTheBlueGnu

No subject on 09:59 - Aug 8 by The_Romford_Blue

er, perhaps he likes sitting in the North and watching his team play - but isn't keen on singing himself. I've yet to see any rules in the ITFC ticket / season ticket rules that suggest you have to sing in there.

Slightly more impolite answer: F-ck Off.

Poll: Other than "The Mean Machine", what was your favourite Wacky Races car ?

No subject on 15:17 - Aug 8 with 1107 viewstonydinning

The acoustics in the north stand are terrible. I couldn't hear the flag wavers below from about 8 rows behind. It's basically like being in an open top stand.

If the club were interested, they could actually use sound reflecting materials on the overhanging upper tier bit. That's never going to happen.

The drum in section 6 seems to do more harm than good, stomping all over other singing from elsewhere. And they started the same "we follow, we follow" about 12 times.

People seem to do their main singing under the stand in the bar for the phone cameras and then that's it once they go upstairs.

Realistically there just isn't the culture at the club for people singing. I wish there was. But I've come to the conclusion there's no real appetite from people.

I can't be effed caring about it now. Next home game I'm just going to sit in the west stand and enjoy the view.

Poll: Is it time to rotate keepers and give Walton his spot back?

No subject on 16:07 - Aug 8 with 1057 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

No subject on 15:17 - Aug 8 by tonydinning

The acoustics in the north stand are terrible. I couldn't hear the flag wavers below from about 8 rows behind. It's basically like being in an open top stand.

If the club were interested, they could actually use sound reflecting materials on the overhanging upper tier bit. That's never going to happen.

The drum in section 6 seems to do more harm than good, stomping all over other singing from elsewhere. And they started the same "we follow, we follow" about 12 times.

People seem to do their main singing under the stand in the bar for the phone cameras and then that's it once they go upstairs.

Realistically there just isn't the culture at the club for people singing. I wish there was. But I've come to the conclusion there's no real appetite from people.

I can't be effed caring about it now. Next home game I'm just going to sit in the west stand and enjoy the view.

The thing is though, you say that about the lack of appetite for singing but away from home, our support is good for noise. You can bet your life next week at Burton will be singing throughout. I suppose it’s partially because it’s more ‘diehards’ away in a contained area. Which probably furthers the original point Texters made in his OP.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024