Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woolfenden .... dear me ! 16:42 - Aug 7 with 4250 viewsMach_foreignBlue

He's the reason why we need Edmundson or new CB very quickly.
Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 18:43 - Aug 7 with 488 viewspointofblue

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 18:39 - Aug 7 by chrismakin

Thing is

We have two standard league 1 Defenders in Toto and Wolfey

if we are to get better, those players have to be available for transfer...... clubs aren't going to let good defenders go unless they don't need them.

The windows been slow, it's starting to move a bit now, so we may find it easier to find that CB which can make a difference,

No point bringing in someone of the same quality of toto and wolfenden.

We spent £1m on Edmundson who's only played a handful of Championship games - maybe that suggests the issues we have. We're definitely missing that dependable defender at the back and, as time goes on, you have to wonder why we didn't try to keep at least one of Chambers or Wilson.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 18:45 - Aug 7 with 483 viewschrismakin

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 18:43 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

We spent £1m on Edmundson who's only played a handful of Championship games - maybe that suggests the issues we have. We're definitely missing that dependable defender at the back and, as time goes on, you have to wonder why we didn't try to keep at least one of Chambers or Wilson.

Because neither of them are better than Toto and Wolfenden imo

Edmunsdon slots in bar for his injury

Thankfully we do have a few weeks left, it's not the end of the world just yet ( Not saying to you it is) just think i'd rather us sign a proper CB not just another Toto or wolfenden

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 18:54 - Aug 7 with 465 viewspointofblue

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 18:45 - Aug 7 by chrismakin

Because neither of them are better than Toto and Wolfenden imo

Edmunsdon slots in bar for his injury

Thankfully we do have a few weeks left, it's not the end of the world just yet ( Not saying to you it is) just think i'd rather us sign a proper CB not just another Toto or wolfenden

Wilson is better than both though Woolfenden is younger and shown promise. The issue was his contract expired whereas Nsiala's hasn't.

I wonder who we do have lined up, though, as all of the prospective targets who would do a job here are being snapped up. I thought we'd sign someone on a free but perhaps it will be a transfer.

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 19:18 - Aug 7 with 432 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:19 - Aug 7 by SaigonTractor

I can't imagine the reaction if Toto had the game Wolfy had.

I really hope he can kick on, if any manager can do it Cook can.

Bang on. Nsiala would have been vilified and bashed for that.
Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 19:20 - Aug 7 with 430 viewsBryanPlug

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:33 - Aug 7 by The_Romford_Blue

That first sentence is a falsehood.

He gave the ball away 739 times in the first half an hour, failed to put a tackle in for the first goal and then did his best Gerrard v Demba Ba impression for the second goal.

I like woolfy but to suggest he was anything but poor today is nonsensical.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 19:24 - Aug 7 with 421 viewsChurchman

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 18:27 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

One last thing - I made the mistake of watching Woolfenden go off the pitch after he fell to his knees at full time. It was horrible to see, head down, shirt over head, very little in way of support from management and team mates. We may have to rely on him for a bit dependent on Edmundson's injury so just hope he can bounce back from it, though clearly many have decided he is nothing more than a busted flush.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 18:43]

Ok he had a poor day and has to take responsibility for that. At 22 I think he has the potential to be a good centre half and I’m hoping in a properly structured club with better players he will become just that.

I doubt he will be first choice once we get into Sept, but he will have a part to play. I’m sure he will get the support from the management and players, I just hope he doesn’t become the boo boys target as certain players have become in the past. He needs support.
Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 19:27 - Aug 7 with 408 viewspointofblue

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:11 - Aug 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

Woolfenden our main walking error. Simple. He was poor last season and started another one very badly too.

We can't rely on him.

I’ll bang the drum once more and then stop (unless there’s a reply which I think I should respond to) as I’m sure people are getting bored with my defence of Woolfenden BUT I think his development here has been badly harmed by Lambert in particular over the last season - having to be a baby sitter to McGuinness rather than learning off someone else to aid his improvement was a disastrous decision which pushed him back, somewhat understandably. Then he’s been pushed to the left side of defence when he is far more comfortable on the right.

I do fear that those who think he hasn’t fulfilled his promise and perhaps need to be moved on could well be right but the club, particularly under Evans, should, in my opinion, take a lot of responsibility for him not fulfilling the potential show in 19/20.

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 19:38 - Aug 7 with 373 viewsnodge_blue

I said last year that Lambert was right. He's too laid back and casual. He needed some butcher coaching to add intensity and controlled aggression to his game. And in addition people initially suggested he was good on the ball. But he's not. Far too often he misplaces passes.

He needs to sharpen up and fast.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Login to get fewer ads

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 20:45 - Aug 7 with 334 viewsBluearmy71

All players make costly mistakes at some point, he just needs to do what a good professional should do, roll up his sleeves forget about it and concentrate on his next game!

Of course I'm disappointed by his mistake but that's football, take human error out the game and it is spoilt completely....imo VAR proves this point.
Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 21:33 - Aug 7 with 299 viewsSkip_Intro

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 18:27 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

One last thing - I made the mistake of watching Woolfenden go off the pitch after he fell to his knees at full time. It was horrible to see, head down, shirt over head, very little in way of support from management and team mates. We may have to rely on him for a bit dependent on Edmundson's injury so just hope he can bounce back from it, though clearly many have decided he is nothing more than a busted flush.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 18:43]

Sadly that's what I think he is...he really isn't as good as he/some fans thinks he is. The truth hurts but what has he done over the last 18 months in league one? Nothing. Sometimes sadly players just don't make the grade and I honestly think that Woolfy is one of those as much as I wish that wasn't the case. He just doesn't seem to offer anything that a 3rd Division CB needs, let alone one from a higher level...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024