Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A few positives today 19:43 - Aug 7 with 998 viewsbluelagos

Most obvious was Evans, his distribution was head and shoulders ovver anything I've seen at Ipswich in years.

Penny, looked like he has a sweet left foot and paired up with No 7 very well at times. Clear understanding developed already between them.

Performance, the team has a lot more to come am sure, but there seemed to be players with ideas, movement and committment. Been a while tbh.

In the stands, 21k was a decent turnout, suspect Portman Rd will be bouncing if we get on a roll.

Outside, got to say I thought the club did well. I had maybe a 5 min queue so that our CV status's were checked, that was at 2.30. When I took my seat I worried some may miss kick off, but everyone seemed to be in their seats on time.

Even the traffic lights were on green all the way home :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

A few positives today on 20:08 - Aug 7 with 891 viewsEastTownBlue

When I saw the queues about 2:10 I thought that had better go into the ground. Seems as though many decided to go early.

Agree about Evans and our general approach to the game.
A few positives today on 20:15 - Aug 7 with 856 viewsBarcaBlue

Agree on Evans, looked to be a real leader too. With him and Harper in the middle it looks like we're seeing the start of a very promising double act.

Thought Penney was a bit of a weak link first half, better second but wasn't anything special. All about opinions though of course.

Looking forward to seeimg how we progress, think it could be a very interesting season.
A few positives today on 20:18 - Aug 7 with 840 viewschrismakin

What will be interesting it when teams come at us rather than surrender 75% possession or what ever it was and leave gaps. I think this is where we really will see the performances shine for the likes of Fraser Chaplin Burns etc.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

A few positives today on 20:19 - Aug 7 with 816 viewspointofblue

A few positives today on 20:18 - Aug 7 by chrismakin

What will be interesting it when teams come at us rather than surrender 75% possession or what ever it was and leave gaps. I think this is where we really will see the performances shine for the likes of Fraser Chaplin Burns etc.

I'm not sure how many teams will do that against us, though? Especially if they've scouted today's match!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A few positives today on 20:23 - Aug 7 with 766 viewschrismakin

A few positives today on 20:19 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

I'm not sure how many teams will do that against us, though? Especially if they've scouted today's match!

Those who have aspirations of promotion or a top 6 finish imo. Or even just those we take the lead against. They wont be able to just sit and counter.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

A few positives today on 20:29 - Aug 7 with 723 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

A few positives today on 20:19 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

We might just have the players to unlock the teams that park the bus now though.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

One big positive for me on 20:37 - Aug 7 with 698 viewsBelsteadCav

My boys came out smiling, and actually enjoyed the game.

Under Lambert when we were allowed in, my eldest stopped going and my youngest always wanted to leave before the end.

This team has won them over

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

One big positive for me on 21:19 - Aug 7 with 608 viewsN2_Blue

One big positive for me on 20:37 - Aug 7 by BelsteadCav

My boys came out smiling, and actually enjoyed the game.

Under Lambert when we were allowed in, my eldest stopped going and my youngest always wanted to leave before the end.

This team has won them over

Enjoyable wasn't it.

Only disappointment today was the result and two lapses in concentration that cost 2 poor goals. I was enthused and encouraged by pretty much everything else and every single new signing showed glimpses of their ability and why they have been signed.

Anyone just seeing the score today will think it's poor, and yes the result is poor against Morecambe but the game was more enjoyable that much of the dross over the last 2 seasons.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

A few positives today on 21:35 - Aug 7 with 551 viewsSenatorBlue

A few positives today on 20:15 - Aug 7 by BarcaBlue

Agree on Evans, looked to be a real leader too. With him and Harper in the middle it looks like we're seeing the start of a very promising double act.

Thought Penney was a bit of a weak link first half, better second but wasn't anything special. All about opinions though of course.

Looking forward to seeimg how we progress, think it could be a very interesting season.

Impressed with Evans, finally a player to pick up the ball and dictate the game, and a great and solid combination with Harper. They going to dominate when they’ve settled in. Also liked the way we held our width and stretched and switched the play.

Quite a bit to do before the team is comfortable and settled with each other’s game, but I really enjoyed the game and our play today.

Let’s hope we get the defensive unit sorted because they did get bossed a bit today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024