Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Screens 16:32 - Jul 30 with 1348 viewsozzy_itfc

I didn’t watch the Q&A but saw the mention of big screens in Portman Road at the bottom of Phil’s article.

Wondered if someone who watched could elaborate on what was said? Any time frame for doing so, positioning etc

Whilst I’m here, also saw the catering mentioned. Anyone know when the current Portman Road catering contract expires and what ideas might be to improve it?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2021 16:34]
Big Screens on 16:35 - Jul 30 with 1290 viewsTerra_Farma

No mention of big screens unfortunately.

In terms of catering, all that was said is we are currently tied into a contract which we have to honor, but no mention of when that contract expires.

I suggest you get yourself a dirty burger outside the ground in the interim !!
Big Screens on 16:39 - Jul 30 with 1254 viewschfsittingbell

Ashton did speak about it. He said that due to the work that will be done on the pitch and stadium next year, if they put a screen in now they would have to take it down for access. He mentioned it being in the corner between churchmans and the cobbold.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2021 16:41]
Big Screens on 16:39 - Jul 30 with 1296 viewsITFC_Esquire

From what I can remember he essentially said that, yes it is something the club are keen to do (especially the owners) but because of the complexity of the other upgrades they plan on the stadium it’s not as easy as putting one in tomorrow. I.e. other improvements they plan may influence where the screen will go and size etc. These improvements include things such as changing the pitch to a modern surface with underground heating allowing for easier maintenance and a greater games per annum return.

While this wouldn’t impact the screen they said they may at the same time relay the circuit around the pitch, which may mean altering infrastructure of the ground and thus they may have to uninstall a screen if put in before this.

He said that it is essentially almost certainly going to happen but before they can put a time frame on it they need to sit down and create a step by step programme of stadium upgrades. A rough timeline for these would be around 18 months.

TLDR; hopefully within the next 18 months.

Poll: What’s your ‘Away Priority Points Balance’?

Big Screens on 16:39 - Jul 30 with 1242 viewsMetal_Hacker

Big Screens on 16:35 - Jul 30 by Terra_Farma

No mention of big screens unfortunately.

In terms of catering, all that was said is we are currently tied into a contract which we have to honor, but no mention of when that contract expires.

I suggest you get yourself a dirty burger outside the ground in the interim !!

Thought I heard mention of a screen in one of the corners and also a portable type thing in the fanzone

Screen to done be done when the pitch and perimeter is completed

Next season basically

Poll: If it were one or the other

Big Screens on 16:40 - Jul 30 with 1236 viewsSitfcB

You can watch it here

Big screen will probably go in in the corner of SAR and Cobbold but they’re sorting that corner out first.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2021 16:40]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Big Screens on 16:40 - Jul 30 with 1204 viewsTerra_Farma

Big Screens on 16:39 - Jul 30 by Metal_Hacker

Thought I heard mention of a screen in one of the corners and also a portable type thing in the fanzone

Screen to done be done when the pitch and perimeter is completed

Next season basically

Ah, I must have missed that bit - I did have to tend to my pot noodle to give her a stir.
Big Screens on 16:48 - Jul 30 with 1119 viewsCoastalblue

Big Screens on 16:40 - Jul 30 by Terra_Farma

Ah, I must have missed that bit - I did have to tend to my pot noodle to give her a stir.

As euphemisms go, stirring your pot noodle is not a bad one. Who of them inspired you though?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Big Screens on 17:33 - Jul 30 with 995 viewsNthQldITFC

Am I the only one who would rather not have a big screen? I go to football to watch the game, not the telly.

What are the benefits of a big screen? I suppose it might stop people pissing about with their smartphones all the time, and reduce the load on osteopaths and neck masseurs in the future?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Big Screens on 17:39 - Jul 30 with 965 viewsMattinLondon

Big Screens on 17:33 - Jul 30 by NthQldITFC

Am I the only one who would rather not have a big screen? I go to football to watch the game, not the telly.

What are the benefits of a big screen? I suppose it might stop people pissing about with their smartphones all the time, and reduce the load on osteopaths and neck masseurs in the future?

More advertising revenue for the club?
Big Screens on 17:45 - Jul 30 with 947 viewsZx1988

Big Screens on 17:39 - Jul 30 by MattinLondon

More advertising revenue for the club?

This.

Plus it gives the club the ability to play content that they've created during the week and posted on Facebook/Twitter, or to create exclusive content to be broadcast on matchdays.

It's not the sort of thing that would appeal to us old salts, but younger fans would be all over it and could well pester parents to get them to the ground early to watch the interviews/features etc.,

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Big Screens on 17:50 - Jul 30 with 915 viewsChurchman

Big Screens on 17:33 - Jul 30 by NthQldITFC

No I’d rather not have it personally.

Fine for cricket and it worked well for the London Olympics where the athletes were dots in the distance the other side of the track. The other one that worked well was at the Open where you could sit down with a burger and a beer after wandering the course and still see the action - actually far better than live.

One in the fanzone, fine.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024