Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Centre midfield 14:40 - Jul 27 with 1989 viewssaffers12

Surely we need one more into cover Haprper and Evans?
Centre midfield on 14:41 - Jul 27 with 1761 viewsWallingford_Boy

Fraser/Nolan?

RIP Sir Bobby

Centre midfield on 14:43 - Jul 27 with 1735 viewssaffers12

Centre midfield on 14:41 - Jul 27 by Wallingford_Boy

Fraser/Nolan?

Fraserburgh maybe, Nolan not for me, not against decent opposition
Centre midfield on 14:43 - Jul 27 with 1731 viewssaffers12

Fraser/Nolan?

Fraser maybe, Nolan not for me, not against decent opposition
Centre midfield on 14:44 - Jul 27 with 1706 viewsWallingford_Boy

Centre midfield on 14:43 - Jul 27 by saffers12

Fraserburgh maybe, Nolan not for me, not against decent opposition

As cover, he's ok.

RIP Sir Bobby

Centre midfield on 14:45 - Jul 27 with 1706 viewsKropotkin123

Fraser/Nolan?

With the 4231, Fraser will be middle of the 3, not in the 2. Whereas Harper, Evans and I presume Nolan would be in the 2.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Centre midfield on 14:48 - Jul 27 with 1669 viewsbluestandard

Apparently Edmundson can also play Defensive mid.
Centre midfield on 14:49 - Jul 27 with 1654 viewsSparky85

Agree we possibly need one more, but we do have Nolan, El Miz, Fraser, Humphreys so I would say its not that urgent. Also we still have Downes, McGavin and Gibbs on the books

We were in for both Fraser and Crooks so wouldn't surprise me if we signed another
Centre midfield on 14:51 - Jul 27 with 1620 viewssaffers12

Centre midfield on 14:49 - Jul 27 by Sparky85

Agree we possibly need one more, but we do have Nolan, El Miz, Fraser, Humphreys so I would say its not that urgent. Also we still have Downes, McGavin and Gibbs on the books

We were in for both Fraser and Crooks so wouldn't surprise me if we signed another

Gibbs‽???
Login to get fewer ads

Centre midfield on 14:51 - Jul 27 with 1616 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Centre midfield on 14:49 - Jul 27 by Sparky85

Gibbs has left us last week.
Centre midfield on 14:52 - Jul 27 with 1616 viewsiamipswich

I do think we're putting a lot of strain/hope on Harper who is still only 21 and not played consistently over the course of a season. Injury or loss of form and we're struggling for sure.

Poll: Who will return first?

Centre midfield on 14:52 - Jul 27 with 1597 viewsWallingford_Boy

Centre midfield on 14:45 - Jul 27 by Kropotkin123

With the 4231, Fraser will be middle of the 3, not in the 2. Whereas Harper, Evans and I presume Nolan would be in the 2.

But he's played 4-4-2 all pre-season..

RIP Sir Bobby

Centre midfield on 15:01 - Jul 27 with 1531 viewsSparky85

Centre midfield on 14:51 - Jul 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

Gibbs has left us last week.

Ah must have missed that. Still on our squad list and didn't see him in the 'incoming/outgoings'
Centre midfield on 15:10 - Jul 27 with 1449 viewsjayessess

Centre midfield on 14:52 - Jul 27 by iamipswich

I do think we're putting a lot of strain/hope on Harper who is still only 21 and not played consistently over the course of a season. Injury or loss of form and we're struggling for sure.

We might have to get used to travelling a bit light in certain positions. IIRC Cook said his preference was for a squad on the small side with versatility and a few kids mixed in as the last bit of cover.

With 9 new ones, going on 11, already in the door and with another 7 over 21s currently in the 1st team picture, I wonder how close we are to the salary cap and whether we might not have to move Nolan on if we wanted another centre midfielder?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Centre midfield on 15:11 - Jul 27 with 1444 viewsGarv

Centre midfield on 14:45 - Jul 27 by Kropotkin123

Could be Chaplin in the middle?

Only going by highlights I've seen but he looks like a 10.

edit: although wide options would be even more limited then!
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 15:11]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Centre midfield on 15:22 - Jul 27 with 1383 viewstitanicclown

Yes, I'm sure we'll have 4 players to cover the 2 CM roles. I personally think Cook is the ideal manager for Nolan so expect him to do ok. So one more is definitely needed and I wouldn't be surprised if we look to an experienced, durable campaigner who can come into the team at short notice and deliver 7 out of 10 performances. If you look through the free agents of that type/calibre one name stands out - Leadbitter!
Probably wouldn't come though and there's plenty of other old-timers who could make up the 4th CM spot. No rush.
Centre midfield on 15:28 - Jul 27 with 1355 viewsThe_Realist_09

Centre midfield on 14:52 - Jul 27 by Wallingford_Boy

He's played his usual 4-2-3-1, but seems to have experimented with having 2 strikers on the pitch with one in the 10 position. Possibly so they are closer together or interchanging. I think Fraser is strongest as a 10 so would be surprised if he didn't start the season there.
Centre midfield on 15:29 - Jul 27 with 1350 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Centre midfield on 15:29 - Jul 27 with 1336 viewsKropotkin123

Centre midfield on 14:52 - Jul 27 by Wallingford_Boy

I assume because we haven't had all the personnel to play yet + the AMC is meant to be a fluid position between that and the FC position.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Centre midfield on 15:29 - Jul 27 with 1336 viewsfranz_tyson

Maybe an opportunity for a youngster.

We’ve carried too many midfielders for years and Cook has said he wants a smaller squad.

If we’d have got Crooks then he could play both the deep role and the number 10 role and we’d have been covered. It might be up to a player being versatile enough to play the deeper role.

Is Humphreys good enough to step in for the odd game?
Centre midfield on 15:29 - Jul 27 with 1340 viewsitfcjoe

I've heard a holding midfield player is number 1 priority, ahead of a CB currenlty

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Centre midfield on 15:31 - Jul 27 with 1320 viewsSomethingBlue

Undoubtedly, I'm not sure how anyone could say we don't. Lose Evans for say two months and then what, try and pull through an absolutely crucial season with Nolan (who's had no pre-season if I'm not wrong) and a still pretty raw Harper? Need one more good-quality head in there.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Centre midfield on 15:31 - Jul 27 with 1312 viewschicoazul

Centre midfield on 15:29 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

I've heard a holding midfield player is number 1 priority, ahead of a CB currenlty

Evans and Nolan knocks worse than being made out..?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Centre midfield on 16:46 - Jul 27 with 1072 viewsBlueBlood90

Glad to hear that. I think Cook has often liked to use a 'destroyer' . A real ball winning type midfielder like Sam Morsy was at Wigan. I don't think Evans or Harper are that type of player so I'm intrigued to think who he may be targeting to be that player for us.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Centre midfield on 17:04 - Jul 27 with 980 viewsLeoMuff

Downes not tempted to stay, now we look like we might mean business ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Centre midfield on 17:09 - Jul 27 with 960 viewsMetal_Hacker

I honestly thought that was the type of player Harper is / was

Every days a school day innit

Poll: If it were one or the other

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024