Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arvin Appiah 15:20 - Jul 5 with 7236 viewspabloisgod

We have definately spoken to his agent about him coming here.

Celina has met Ashton etc but not a definite by any means

Coulsen is 💯 a serious target

All have the same agent I believe - Mr Jonathan Barnett

Arvin Appiah on 15:21 - Jul 5 with 5208 viewsKieran_Knows

Appiah is 100% a target, I know that much. Suspect loan as he moved for £8m, 2 summers ago.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Arvin Appiah on 15:26 - Jul 5 with 5075 viewsBiGDonnie

This is getting beyond a joke now.

I'm lumping a tenner on us to win the Prem within 3 years.

Would be even more of a ridiculous signing than Celina.

Also, I reckon you're PC judging the reaction of all these links. We approve of this one!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Arvin Appiah on 15:27 - Jul 5 with 5095 viewsitfcjoe

I wondered when you would stick Appiah on here....!

And yep, true re Stellar Group being agent - as is Wes Burns........Kieron Dyer is very good mates with David Mannesseh too who is Barnett's number 2.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Arvin Appiah on 15:29 - Jul 5 with 5016 viewsBiGDonnie

Arvin Appiah on 15:21 - Jul 5 by Kieran_Knows

Appiah is 100% a target, I know that much. Suspect loan as he moved for £8m, 2 summers ago.

We're making serious moves!

PC is literally playing Football Manager with Ipswich in real life.

COYBs

Arvin Appiah on 15:30 - Jul 5 with 4979 viewsStokieBlue

Arvin Appiah on 15:27 - Jul 5 by itfcjoe

I wondered when you would stick Appiah on here....!

And yep, true re Stellar Group being agent - as is Wes Burns........Kieron Dyer is very good mates with David Mannesseh too who is Barnett's number 2.

Would be absolutely ridiculous to have Appiah and Celina as the two wide forwards in L1.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Arvin Appiah on 15:31 - Jul 5 with 4961 viewsN2_Blue

Arvin Appiah on 15:21 - Jul 5 by Kieran_Knows

Seems a strange one...if a loan.

Very young. Has the youth caps so must have some kind of ability but doesn't seem to have achieved much yet. Surely a loan needs to be a guaranteed starter. Not sure i'd want our line being led by someone who's only ever scored 1 professional goal.

Maybe I'm missing something, and admittedly i know very little about him but just don't see why this kind of loan signing would be made. If its permanent and its one Gamechanger want to try and develop and make money on then would make much more sense.

Edit: Ok seems people are excited about Appiah. .what's the deal here, tell me more about him and why he's such a big deal?
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 15:32]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Arvin Appiah on 15:32 - Jul 5 with 4922 viewsStokieBlue

Arvin Appiah on 15:31 - Jul 5 by N2_Blue

Very young. Has the youth caps so must have some kind of ability but doesn't seem to have achieved much yet. Surely a loan needs to be a guaranteed starter. Not sure i'd want our line being led by someone who's only ever scored 1 professional goal.

Maybe I'm missing something, and admittedly i know very little about him but just don't see why this kind of loan signing would be made. If its permanent and its one Gamechanger want to try and develop and make money on then would make much more sense.

Edit: Ok seems people are excited about Appiah. .what's the deal here, tell me more about him and why he's such a big deal?

He would surely play as the wide forward rather than leading the line?

SB

Arvin Appiah on 15:32 - Jul 5 with 4928 viewshomer_123

Arvin Appiah on 15:30 - Jul 5 by StokieBlue

Would be absolutely ridiculous to have Appiah and Celina as the two wide forwards in L1.

SB

The intent is to get out of this division as soon as possible. A sure fire way of giving ourselves the best possible chance but, as you say, utterly ludicrous to have both.

I doubt very much Celina will be here for next season though. Happy to be wrong but just cannot see it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Arvin Appiah on 15:33 - Jul 5 with 4899 viewsKieran_Knows

Arvin Appiah on 15:31 - Jul 5 by N2_Blue

He joined Almeria for £8m 2 summers ago. We're not going to get anywhere near that figure, and I can't see how they'd take a seriously reduced figure on him.

Arvin Appiah on 15:34 - Jul 5 with 4856 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Arvin Appiah on 15:33 - Jul 5 by Kieran_Knows

He joined Almeria for £8m 2 summers ago. We're not going to get anywhere near that figure, and I can't see how they'd take a seriously reduced figure on him.

Ive not heard of Appiah.. anyone tell me a bit about him ta
Arvin Appiah on 15:34 - Jul 5 with 4848 viewshype313

Arvin Appiah on 15:33 - Jul 5 by Kieran_Knows

Covid's changed the landscape on football transfers, what someone got 2 years ago is irrelevant now.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Arvin Appiah on 15:34 - Jul 5 with 4840 viewschrismakin

Arvin Appiah on 15:32 - Jul 5 by homer_123

The intent is to get out of this division as soon as possible. A sure fire way of giving ourselves the best possible chance but, as you say, utterly ludicrous to have both.

I doubt very much Celina will be here for next season though. Happy to be wrong but just cannot see it.

I'd love to see it but... there is a certain limit to how high we can aim and who will realistically end up here.
Some of these remind me of Defoe.

Having said that. On the Celina front at the moment. It doesnt appear to have been a straight 'no' so maybe there is hope.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 15:40]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Arvin Appiah on 15:36 - Jul 5 with 4815 viewshomer_123

Arvin Appiah on 15:34 - Jul 5 by chrismakin

I'd love to see it but... there is a certain limit to how high we can aim and who will realistically end up here.

Having said that. On the Celina front at the moment. It doesnt appear to have been a straight 'no' so maybe there is hope.

Ceveli? I think he's past it

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Arvin Appiah on 15:37 - Jul 5 with 4807 viewsKieran_Knows

Arvin Appiah on 15:34 - Jul 5 by hype313

Covid's changed the landscape on football transfers, what someone got 2 years ago is irrelevant now.

They're not going to sell an £8m asset for £1m though, COVID or no COVID I'm afriad. If they do, they've clearly got no idea (although it would be good for us, of course).

Arvin Appiah on 15:37 - Jul 5 with 4797 viewschicoazul

Arvin Appiah on 15:29 - Jul 5 by BiGDonnie

We're making serious moves!

PC is literally playing Football Manager with Ipswich in real life.

Strongly suspect Cool has very little to do with the players coming in. That’s not to say he couldn’t say no to whoever they present him with btw.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Arvin Appiah on 15:38 - Jul 5 with 4770 viewsKieran_Knows

Arvin Appiah on 15:34 - Jul 5 by abracaDOBRA_

Ive not heard of Appiah.. anyone tell me a bit about him ta

Was at Forest as a kid, made a few appearances then had a random £8m move to Almeria in Spain. Spent last season out on loan in Spain as well.

Highly rated England youth international, from his time at Forest, IIRC.

Arvin Appiah on 15:41 - Jul 5 with 4679 viewsCotty

Arvin Appiah on 15:34 - Jul 5 by chrismakin

Ceveli? Wrong person, spelled incorrectly. Nice work!
Arvin Appiah on 15:41 - Jul 5 with 4674 viewsTomTheWriter

Arvin Appiah on 15:37 - Jul 5 by chicoazul

Strongly suspect Cool has very little to do with the players coming in. That’s not to say he couldn’t say no to whoever they present him with btw.

According to Phil, Cook has had everything to do with each deal so far. No data-driven recruitment has come into place yet, so this is all Cook's Wishlist so far

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Arvin Appiah on 15:49 - Jul 5 with 4525 viewsitfcjoe

Arvin Appiah on 15:37 - Jul 5 by Kieran_Knows

They're not going to sell an £8m asset for £1m though, COVID or no COVID I'm afriad. If they do, they've clearly got no idea (although it would be good for us, of course).

Who says though? What is he actually worth now - 2 years in and obviously hasn't done anything there, no doubt on a healthy wage and they are still in second tier which is so small fry income wise.

Wouldn't surprise me of they cut their losses for £1-2m but guess we'll see in next few weeks

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Arvin Appiah on 15:50 - Jul 5 with 4508 viewsArnieM

Not sure you are correct here. Cook has had meetings with Ashton and above his pay grade and has to.d them exactly who he wants.

I think Town fans had better start believing in the impossible , because with the backing this club now has , the sky is literally the limit. I just hope we can get the players in before other clubs cotton on to what’s really happening at this club. It’s going to be immense.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Arvin Appiah on 15:52 - Jul 5 with 4463 viewsBiGDonnie

He's obviously found a solid director of fotoball with 19/20 jusdging pa & ca!

COYBs

Arvin Appiah on 15:53 - Jul 5 with 4436 viewsN2_Blue

Arvin Appiah on 15:38 - Jul 5 by Kieran_Knows

Was at Forest as a kid, made a few appearances then had a random £8m move to Almeria in Spain. Spent last season out on loan in Spain as well.

Highly rated England youth international, from his time at Forest, IIRC.

Personally don't see the excitement...but as I've never seen anything of him i can't make judgement.

Just because he was signed for 8 million means nothing. Plenty of teenagers been bought for big money and then fade into obscurity. Seems an odd one to be linked with as not going to be cheap if they paid that money recently and i really wouldn't want to be taking on this kind of player as a loan, loans need to be players that will definitely make a difference, not 'potential'

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Arvin Appiah on 15:54 - Jul 5 with 4420 viewsKieran_Knows

Arvin Appiah on 15:49 - Jul 5 by itfcjoe

Who says though? What is he actually worth now - 2 years in and obviously hasn't done anything there, no doubt on a healthy wage and they are still in second tier which is so small fry income wise.

Wouldn't surprise me of they cut their losses for £1-2m but guess we'll see in next few weeks

True, very poor business sense from their end, but if it benefits us, who cares I suppose!

Arvin Appiah on 16:03 - Jul 5 with 4239 viewsTomTheWriter

Deep-dived into the guy in case this does come to fruition and the papers start talking about it.

Seemed to be very, very, very highly rated as a teenager. Was wanted by Manchester United around the time he was sold to Almeria. Scored for a couple of England youth sides, made his debut at 15.

Found an article from a talent scout who said that he 'plays without fear, commits defenders, tricky with both feet and can play on either flank'. Feels like another Bennetts' situation, but also could be a Celina situation. Both joined us for a first taste of EFL football, one failed and one succeeded? Worth the risk for a loan, I'd argue yes ?

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Arvin Appiah on 16:08 - Jul 5 with 4161 viewsStokieBlue

Arvin Appiah on 16:03 - Jul 5 by TomTheWriter

Deep-dived into the guy in case this does come to fruition and the papers start talking about it.

Seemed to be very, very, very highly rated as a teenager. Was wanted by Manchester United around the time he was sold to Almeria. Scored for a couple of England youth sides, made his debut at 15.

Found an article from a talent scout who said that he 'plays without fear, commits defenders, tricky with both feet and can play on either flank'. Feels like another Bennetts' situation, but also could be a Celina situation. Both joined us for a first taste of EFL football, one failed and one succeeded? Worth the risk for a loan, I'd argue yes ?

Didn't you say Celina should be a loan as well?

Not convinced we should be loaning too many players if we can help it - need to get a squad that is mostly our own if possible.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024