Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players coming back 22:55 - Jun 27 with 1525 viewsyorkshire

Interesting to see that Bonne said playing for the team he supports would make a difference. Got me thinking about other players who came back to Town

Obviously two that stand out to me are Johnny Wark and Tommy Miller who came back to Town after spells away (Wark twice) and did really well when they came back. But then others - Dozzell, Ambrose, Scowcroft, Scott Loach and unfortunately John Walters didn't fare all that well

From a fans POV do we put too much pressure on them or so we just have rose tinted views of them as they were 'Town' players

Do we think Bonne will get more time than others because he is Ipswich lad ?
Players coming back on 23:07 - Jun 27 with 1445 viewsKropotkin123

I think some that haven't faired well have come back when their career was on the decline, so either they haven't been good enough, or they havent lived up to how we remember and expact them to play.

Bonne is different, as he comes to us at a good age, when his career should be on the rise. This would be most akin to someone like Tommy Miller. Where upon his initial return, most had no memory of him and no preconceptions, beyond the standard hype.

I don't expect him to have special treatment, as he supports Town. But I think he could cultivate that over time, if he does well to begin with.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2021 23:08]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Players coming back on 23:16 - Jun 27 with 1406 viewsjaykay

i expect you to young to know about ray crawford.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Players coming back on 23:23 - Jun 27 with 1372 viewsyorkshire

Players coming back on 23:16 - Jun 27 by jaykay

i expect you to young to know about ray crawford.

Yes before my time - although know what an amazing player he was for us
Players coming back on 23:30 - Jun 27 with 1373 viewsnorfsufblue

Stuart Slater is a good comparison as he was genuinely a Town fan coming back home though he'd never played for us before.... shame it didn't really work out for him as there was no doubt in my mind he really was giving his all for his team.
Players coming back on 00:24 - Jun 28 with 1262 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Pablo did okay on his return.

Joe Broadfoot had two spells with us in the sixties but in the second of them he was poor.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Players coming back on 07:27 - Jun 28 with 1031 viewsSharkey

Players coming back on 23:30 - Jun 27 by norfsufblue

Stuart Slater is a good comparison as he was genuinely a Town fan coming back home though he'd never played for us before.... shame it didn't really work out for him as there was no doubt in my mind he really was giving his all for his team.

I can’t think of any other player in this Slater / Bonne category, - players who are stated Town fans and sign for the club having started their career elsewhere. One who seemed very possible is Sam Walker. As a keeper, he’s still got a few years to make the dream happen.
Players coming back on 07:31 - Jun 28 with 1011 viewsEiffel78

Players coming back on 07:27 - Jun 28 by Sharkey

I can’t think of any other player in this Slater / Bonne category, - players who are stated Town fans and sign for the club having started their career elsewhere. One who seemed very possible is Sam Walker. As a keeper, he’s still got a few years to make the dream happen.

Scott Loach? Came with a good reputation and known to be a big Town fan, unfortunately never quite lived up to expectations.
Players coming back on 08:20 - Jun 28 with 814 viewsdavblue

Players coming back on 07:31 - Jun 28 by Eiffel78

Scott Loach? Came with a good reputation and known to be a big Town fan, unfortunately never quite lived up to expectations.

He really was never as good as the hype around him even when he was playing for the u21's.

Probably proven by the fact he's found his level in the lower leagues and isn't a stand out.
Login to get fewer ads

Players coming back on 11:59 - Jun 28 with 626 viewsGeoffSentence

ALB was a yoof here before being signed as emergency cover when Wrighty got injured.

ALB got a hard time for fans, but he never let us down and our record over the games that he played for us was decent.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024