Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Missing the England game, what should I do 23:48 - Jun 24 with 2047 viewsStrimmer

Avoid the score a la the 1990s and watch as-live later or just roll with it and keep up with the game when I can?

I’ll be working outdoors around people with phones etc but don’t know them yet so don’t know if they’ll be football watchers. I can probably get away with turning my phone off.

Can get to my hotel room by 8pm. Straight from site into the car, radio off, no car share cos Covid. I mean it’s doable in theory. Hells bells, opening the laptop lid would be nerve wracking I that situation

Poll: Was it a punch?

Missing the England game, what should I do on 00:02 - Jun 25 with 2003 viewsWeWereZombies

You also need to know how you have your BBC home page set up because those 'helpful' sods will plaster the result all over the place before you get a chance to click on the iPlayer, I often hover one hand over the laptop as I do that so as not to spoil 'Match of the Day'. Also stay off this forum until after the game, even if no one heads up a thread with the result there will be at least one FFS...
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 19:39]

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Missing the England game, what should I do on 00:11 - Jun 25 with 1975 viewsMelford

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Missing the England game, what should I do on 00:13 - Jun 25 with 1959 viewsjeera

There is no way in this world you are going to be able to escape the score until 8pm.

No chance, at least not without driving yourself and everyone around you mad.

You're going to have to embrace the situation or find a way to finish early.

What kind of boss would make their team work after 4:45 on Tuesday?

In fact, you should take the leap and quit your job in preparation. it's the obvious thing to do

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Missing the England game, what should I do on 07:11 - Jun 25 with 1800 viewstextbackup

hate to say it mate, you've no chance. lets say there are 5 of you working, atleast 1 will be a football fan.

we had problems in the office last WC, where some were watching on BBC/ITV apps on phone, others had betting alerts going off, and some watching on TV's..... so timings were all out.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Missing the England game, what should I do on 07:24 - Jun 25 with 1772 viewsSitfcB

Don’t miss it?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Missing the England game, what should I do on 07:36 - Jun 25 with 1746 viewsOsborneOneNil

Chuck a sickie Monday, go back Thursday. Makes it authentic.

Sorted.
Missing the England game, what should I do on 07:48 - Jun 25 with 1720 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Missing the England game, what should I do on 07:36 - Jun 25 by OsborneOneNil

Chuck a sickie Monday, go back Thursday. Makes it authentic.

Sorted.

I've found using a 'prolapsed anus' as your sicky excuse, often avoids awkward questions

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Missing the England game, what should I do on 09:07 - Jun 25 with 1673 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Could be tricky. A few pointers here...

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6gmb0r

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Login to get fewer ads

Missing the England game, what should I do on 09:11 - Jun 25 with 1668 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I would just avoid the agony and accept the invetivale, tigjt game decided by questionable goal foe the Germans...... or pens,

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Missing the England game, what should I do on 09:34 - Jun 25 with 1635 viewsStrimmer

A few doses of much needed reality here, I guess it is inevitable I'll see the score by accident or crack and do it on purpose. Also got visions of massive TVs in the hotel lobby playing the news on silent, as the tend to have, giving the game away.

Watched the whole episode of the Likely Lads as suggested. There was a real craft to the dialogue of those older sitcoms I must say highly enjoyable. Porridge another one but I think that's a whole other thread. thanks all anyway

Missing the England game, what should I do on 09:36 - Jun 25 with 1628 viewsNazemariner

I'd just check the result when you finish work, and save yourself a world of pain.
Missing the England game, what should I do on 09:39 - Jun 25 with 1616 viewsWD19

The final score was 1-2. There is no way you are going to avoid discovering that between now and 8pm on Tuesday.
Missing the England game, what should I do on 13:04 - Jun 25 with 1537 viewsRyorry

England go out when Pickford sends his pen blazing ott.

You're welcome.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Missing the England game, what should I do on 14:33 - Jun 25 with 1478 viewsdeaddogsmoking

Missing the England game, what should I do on 09:07 - Jun 25 by BasingstokeBlue

Could be tricky. A few pointers here...

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6gmb0r

I can't advise clicking this link strongly enough.....
Missing the England game, what should I do on 14:44 - Jun 25 with 1457 viewsITFC_Forever

I'm in the same boat for the quarter final on 3rd July.

I'm not expecting I will need to avoid any England scores on that day.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Missing the England game, what should I do on 16:06 - Jun 30 with 1283 viewsSitfcB

Missing the England game, what should I do on 14:44 - Jun 25 by ITFC_Forever

I'm in the same boat for the quarter final on 3rd July.

I'm not expecting I will need to avoid any England scores on that day.

COYB

Missing the England game, what should I do on 16:07 - Jun 30 with 1272 viewsSitfcB

We won 2-0 btw

How did you get on?

COYB

Missing the England game, what should I do on 16:08 - Jun 30 with 1265 viewsITFC_Forever

Missing the England game, what should I do on 16:06 - Jun 30 by SitfcB

Saturday evening's commitment has been moved to the afternoon - all good now!

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Missing the England game, what should I do on 18:51 - Jul 5 with 1146 viewsStrimmer

Missing the England game, what should I do on 16:08 - Jun 30 by ITFC_Forever

Saturday evening's commitment has been moved to the afternoon - all good now!

Forgot to come back to this. We finished early! Was back in the hotel at the 55min mark approx and had been checking the MBM from Glendenning up to then. So got the full experience near enough. I have to say the HIGH of seeing those goals when I feared I would miss them was really something. Nearly hit the ceiling of my A-road chain hotel

Missing the England game, what should I do on 19:19 - Jul 5 with 1096 viewsOldboy

****Spoiler Alert****

England won 2-0
Missing the England game, what should I do on 19:24 - Jul 5 with 1080 viewsOldboy

Sorry, didn't see the date.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024