Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert on BBC for Scotland game 13:57 - Jun 14 with 1845 viewsBlueyandCrazy

trying to carve out a media career now........

apparently Croatia were poor and are there for the (Scotland) taking next week.

......let's see Paul, most of L1 was poor last season, but wasn't there for the taking!

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 14:39 - Jun 14 with 1687 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Has he mentioned that he played for some really big clubs?

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 14:58 - Jun 14 with 1610 viewsRedX

Just called for the Scotland players to “play with nore intensity”.

lol
Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 15:00 - Jun 14 with 1598 viewsGeoffSentence

Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 14:39 - Jun 14 by OriginalMarkyP

It was mentioned that he played for Scotland last time they made it to a tournament which I think covers the 'I was good and played in good teams' pitch.

If he really is trying to carve out a career in the media, I can't see it happening anywhere other than Scotland where the locals have half a chance of understanding him.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 15:01 - Jun 14 with 1582 viewsboroughblue

That little spiel he gave at half time nearly sent me off for my afternoon nap
Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 15:01 - Jun 14 with 1578 viewschrismakin

Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 14:58 - Jun 14 by RedX

Just called for the Scotland players to “play with nore intensity”.

lol

Someone said England reminded him of Ipswich this season. I'd say Scotland are a carbon copy of Lamberts ipswich

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 15:04 - Jun 14 with 1549 viewsRedX

Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 15:01 - Jun 14 by chrismakin

Someone said England reminded him of Ipswich this season. I'd say Scotland are a carbon copy of Lamberts ipswich

From the few minutes of the first half I’ve seen, I agree.
Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 15:07 - Jun 14 with 1527 viewsChurchman

Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 14:39 - Jun 14 by OriginalMarkyP

He dribbled on like like a cow after an enema.
Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 15:11 - Jun 14 with 1507 viewsBlueySwede

Aye. Teddy Bishop. He wasn´t wrong in this case though, Croatia were really poor with England being the better side (but will probably need to play better to go beyond the first knock-out round).
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 15:12 - Jun 14 with 1499 viewsMerseyBlue

Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 15:04 - Jun 14 by RedX

From the few minutes of the first half I’ve seen, I agree.

I wouldn't agree with that myself, they've looked to get the ball into the box from Robertson on a number of occasions and looked the more likely to score until a series of three corners got the goal for the Czechs.

I was just about to say I think they'll struggle now they are a goal down as the Czechs are capable of sitting back and absorbing Scotland's limited attacking threat. Now it's 2-0 they've got a mountain to climb.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 15:18 - Jun 14 with 1469 viewsChurchman

Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 15:11 - Jun 14 by BlueySwede

Aye. Teddy Bishop. He wasn´t wrong in this case though, Croatia were really poor with England being the better side (but will probably need to play better to go beyond the first knock-out round).

Croatia were not the team of the last World Cup but they’ll see these two off with consummate ease
Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 15:55 - Jun 14 with 1408 viewsRedX

Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 15:12 - Jun 14 by MerseyBlue

I wouldn't agree with that myself, they've looked to get the ball into the box from Robertson on a number of occasions and looked the more likely to score until a series of three corners got the goal for the Czechs.

I was just about to say I think they'll struggle now they are a goal down as the Czechs are capable of sitting back and absorbing Scotland's limited attacking threat. Now it's 2-0 they've got a mountain to climb.

They must have been performing better earlier in the first half then, as they looked like they lacked any sort of bite in the last 15 mins of that half.

You usually get rip roaring commitment and crunching tackles from Scotland in Hampden. A million miles from that today it seems.
Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 16:11 - Jun 14 with 1335 viewsMerseyBlue

Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 15:55 - Jun 14 by RedX

They must have been performing better earlier in the first half then, as they looked like they lacked any sort of bite in the last 15 mins of that half.

You usually get rip roaring commitment and crunching tackles from Scotland in Hampden. A million miles from that today it seems.

I would say they were the better team for the first half an hour, then they seemed to take a breather, and got done either side of half time. Lots of bright ideas but not the best execution.

I think it's worth noting they had a rough ride from the ref throughout - lots of decisions went the other way and they weren't allowed to take quick free kicks whilst the Czech Republic were. Either way they didn't stick the ball in the net and conceded twice but the result could have been closer.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 16:20 - Jun 14 with 1280 viewschrismakin

Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 16:11 - Jun 14 by MerseyBlue

I would say they were the better team for the first half an hour, then they seemed to take a breather, and got done either side of half time. Lots of bright ideas but not the best execution.

I think it's worth noting they had a rough ride from the ref throughout - lots of decisions went the other way and they weren't allowed to take quick free kicks whilst the Czech Republic were. Either way they didn't stick the ball in the net and conceded twice but the result could have been closer.

Is VAR only being used for offsides? I'm not convinced scotland should have had a pen.. however there were a good couple that potentially could have been yet there didnt seem to be any pause to review the footage from the officials

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 16:29 - Jun 14 with 1230 viewsMerseyBlue

Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 16:20 - Jun 14 by chrismakin

Is VAR only being used for offsides? I'm not convinced scotland should have had a pen.. however there were a good couple that potentially could have been yet there didnt seem to be any pause to review the footage from the officials

They have reined in the use of VAR to only really overule if something has clearly been missed from what I have read. It is still being used to check for penalties and possible red cards but I don't think they're being as forensic as they have been in domestic and European football of late.

That being said, I'd agree that neither of the penalty shouts were worthy of one to my mind. The hand ball was unavoidable and it looked like McTominay lost control of the ball before running into the defender. I believe both were checked but I think you will see less of the ruminating as they want to keep the games moving with minimal interruption.

Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 20:05 - Jun 14 with 924 viewsradiogaga

It's interesting that Lambert can acknowledge a poor football team, he thought we were brilliant most weeks.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 20:41 - Jun 14 with 845 viewsstonojnr

Lambert on BBC for Scotland game on 16:11 - Jun 14 by MerseyBlue

Id agree, from the bits of the game I heard on the radio, even allowing for the plucky Scotland the brave style commentating we had to put up with, it sounded like Scotland were a touch unlucky, certainly had more shots at goal, hit the woodwork a few times, had a few decisions go against them, was there a question that the corner which led to the goal was even a corner ? or was that in the build up.

whatever they switched off for the first goal, usual cliche bad time to concede before half time. started the 2nd again with tempo and got caught out by one of those goals that just happens now and again, 2-0 down, all the confidence zapped from the players and they could never quite get into a position to create a decent chance, it was all half chances and moves breaking down, so that part was very Ipswich.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024