Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One really small point. But an important one in my view. 12:50 - May 13 with 1072 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I notice that a lot of the 'Calm Downers' are pointing to the fact that Cook isn't just dismantling, he obviously has better players lined up.

Maybe that's the plan.

But he thought he had Leeam Richardson lined up too. Didn't he?

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 12:52 - May 13 with 1022 viewsfooters

In my slight absence, is it safe to say the forum has lost its mind and that no stone has been left unturned since the season's end?

Any mention of tax arrangements yet?

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 12:52 - May 13 with 1014 viewschrismakin

Maybe we have some pre contracts signed... scottish clubs or foreign players could have signed since jan for example...............

Maybe has a list of 100 that he knows would make us stronger, so the % chance of missing out on all of them is low...

etc etc

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 12:54 - May 13 with 989 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

DId he? Where did he say that?
One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 12:55 - May 13 with 971 viewsPhilTWTD

No, I don't think he did. From what I was told he knew Richardson wasn't coming here for a while before Wigan announced his appointment.
One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 12:57 - May 13 with 926 viewsButterbing

It's far too early to know. There is almost 3 months before the season starts. People should just calm down, it will all become clear.

Maybe the options were taken on some of the players so that if deals fell through we would at least have some players left?

I would think he knew full well that Richardson wouldn't turn down the top job at Wigan to go back to being a number 2. Just wait and see what happens.
One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 12:58 - May 13 with 911 viewsCoco

AAAAWWWWWW ARRRRGGHGH PANINC! NOBODY KNOW'S WHAT THEY'RE DOING WIBBBLLLEEEEE WIBBLE

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 12:58 - May 13 with 913 viewsOriginalMarkyP

One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 12:54 - May 13 by BlueBlueBluex2

DId he? Where did he say that?

He said (before Richardson took the Wigan job) that he'd been a part of every success he'd had as a manager and that he liked continuity and would hope to 'sort something out' in the very near future.

(Not a direct quote, which I can't be bothered to trawl through stories to find but that was the gist of it).

He very strongly implied that Richardson would be coming. He was mistaken because circumstances changed. My point being that there is no such thing in football as 'having people lined up to come in' there are too many variables and uncertainties.

One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 13:01 - May 13 with 862 viewsGuthrum

One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 12:52 - May 13 by chrismakin

Maybe we have some pre contracts signed... scottish clubs or foreign players could have signed since jan for example...............

Maybe has a list of 100 that he knows would make us stronger, so the % chance of missing out on all of them is low...

etc etc

English players out of contract in the summer can negotiate from January on, too.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 13:01 - May 13 with 857 viewsDubtractor

One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 12:52 - May 13 by footers

In my slight absence, is it safe to say the forum has lost its mind and that no stone has been left unturned since the season's end?

Any mention of tax arrangements yet?

Some stones have been turned many, many times.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 13:04 - May 13 with 828 viewsjeera

One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 13:01 - May 13 by Dubtractor

Some stones have been turned many, many times.

This needs another thread.

Give it 5 minutes.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 13:05 - May 13 with 827 viewsOriginalMarkyP

One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 12:58 - May 13 by Coco

AAAAWWWWWW ARRRRGGHGH PANINC! NOBODY KNOW'S WHAT THEY'RE DOING WIBBBLLLEEEEE WIBBLE

Not panicing. I'm questioning. Panicing is arguably going 'IT"S PAUL COOK, IT'S GOING TO BE ALRIGHT!! IT HAS TO BE ALRIGHT!! I'M JUST GOING TO CLOSE MY EYES AND HOLD MY BREATH UNTIL AUGUST AND HOPE!!!!"

One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 13:06 - May 13 with 809 viewschrismakin

One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 13:01 - May 13 by Guthrum

English players out of contract in the summer can negotiate from January on, too.

Can they sign pre contracts though or just have open talks?

I think that's where it may differ slightly to up north etc

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 14:12 - May 13 with 675 viewsGuthrum

One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 13:06 - May 13 by chrismakin

Can they sign pre contracts though or just have open talks?

I think that's where it may differ slightly to up north etc

I think it's the case that clubs possibly have to give permission for a player to speak to another club if their contract is due to expire and a new one is not being offered.

You can't approach players without their parent club's permission unless their contract is due to end that summer and not until after the 3rd Saturday in May.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 15:38 - May 13 with 559 viewsstantheman

One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 12:58 - May 13 by OriginalMarkyP

He said (before Richardson took the Wigan job) that he'd been a part of every success he'd had as a manager and that he liked continuity and would hope to 'sort something out' in the very near future.

(Not a direct quote, which I can't be bothered to trawl through stories to find but that was the gist of it).

He very strongly implied that Richardson would be coming. He was mistaken because circumstances changed. My point being that there is no such thing in football as 'having people lined up to come in' there are too many variables and uncertainties.

Aarrrgghh, it's Clough and Taylor all over again. We are doomed.
One really small point. But an important one in my view. on 15:43 - May 13 with 526 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Better players lined up? We had one of the best squads in this league, so unless he's got better he's just having his revenge on them for showing him up.

He'll be gone in 8 months. Dyer will step up. He's our man.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024