Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My summer wish list 06:41 - May 3 with 3941 viewsBaltachaFanClub

I know we are going to see great turnover, although I don’t expect everyone to leave.
I think we will give one year deals to a couple of the current expiring contractees, but if I was to put some names out there (I’ve seen several linked today, mainly by other hopeful fans) there is no one higher on my list than Rochdales Ollie Rathbone.
We need a midfielder who puts in the effort, and Rathbone fits the role.

On top of that, I actually like the swindon lad Twine (Who gave us the win, coincidentally) and had previously liked their Missilou, although he didn’t look that good on Saturday.

I don’t think picking the bones of relegated teams is a good tactic on the whole, but Rathbone and Twine stand out.

Other than those two, I think we all know we need gk, lb, and striker or number 10 role.
I would give bishop a year to prove he is a footballer, but still sign players for the attacking roles,
I don’t know much about the Crewe lads, but there again it’s lower league players, if anything we should be trying to sign players from the bottom half of the champ and maybe those in the sidelines at Hull, Peterborough and Sunderland

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue
Poll: What happens more in the average week ?
Blog: It's Not R*********, It's the Promise of an Adventure

My summer wish list on 08:14 - May 3 with 3414 viewsMullet

Rathbone had a serious knee injury a bit like Dozzell when at Bolton I think. He was definitely a talent but has had a poor season relatively speaking. His performance against us seems to be the outlier from what I gather.

I actually think a core of Dozzell, Downes, Bishop and Dobra is worth persevering with alongside KVY and Woolfenden. It's wingers, a leftback, strikers and a keeper we really need.

Ogilvie has developed well at Gillingham and might well know KVY and Klug from Spurs, I'd take a look at him as I'm not sure we will find a left sided KVY easily.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

My summer wish list on 08:19 - May 3 with 3391 viewsVic

Not sure I want us to be looking for players from failing teams. They could well c9me with similar confidence issues that our current squad has. I want to see 2 or 3 proven winners come in that will immediately lift us to another level. I’m looking for at least 2 ‘statement’ signings from the championship.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

My summer wish list on 08:20 - May 3 with 3390 viewsmichaeldownunder

I expect Paul Cook to sign three new players to play behind Norwood and also another striker, who can play (and score) as a loan front man.

A new No.1 goalkeeper

Some one who can play fullback or c/half
My summer wish list on 08:26 - May 3 with 3366 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Sorry? You don’t expect anyone will leave?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

My summer wish list on 08:48 - May 3 with 3280 viewsxrayspecs

I think we are going to see a lot more change than that. FWIW, I predict:

- Keeper (to replace Holy), Cornell may stay as cover but would not be surprised to see him depart as well
- RB as back up to KVY
- LB (to replace Ward), Kenlock potentially stays as cover, but like Cornell would not be surprised to see him depart too
- 2 CB (No deal for Chambers, Toto released, Wolf and possibly Wilson as cover)

- 1 CM to add to Downes, Dozzell and Nydam? Release Bishop, Skuse, Nolan and Huws

- 3 wide midfielders to add to Dobra. Goodbye Edwards and Sears and possibly Lankester too

- 2 No 10 - Parrot possibly on loan plus ANO

- 1 central forward to give Norwood competition. Release Hawkins, Drinan, Jackson and Morris

So about a dozen. One or two of the youth could be promoted to the first team squad to fill some of these gaps but I would suspect that PC will be looking for quality, experience and character from outside the club.
My summer wish list on 09:15 - May 3 with 3167 viewsstopmoaning

My summer wish list on 08:48 - May 3 by xrayspecs

- Keeper (to replace Holy), Cornell may stay as cover but would not be surprised to see him depart as well
- RB as back up to KVY
- LB (to replace Ward), Kenlock potentially stays as cover, but like Cornell would not be surprised to see him depart too

- 1 CM to add to Downes, Dozzell and Nydam? Release Bishop, Skuse, Nolan and Huws

- 3 wide midfielders to add to Dobra. Goodbye Edwards and Sears and possibly Lankester too

- 1 central forward to give Norwood competition. Release Hawkins, Drinan, Jackson and Morris

So about a dozen. One or two of the youth could be promoted to the first team squad to fill some of these gaps but I would suspect that PC will be looking for quality, experience and character from outside the club.

Release Bishop and Nolan? Are you mental?
My summer wish list on 09:27 - May 3 with 3122 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

My summer wish list on 08:48 - May 3 by xrayspecs

- RB as back up to KVY

Bishop activated his option for next season already due to games started and will be here next season.

Doz will be offered up.
My summer wish list on 09:29 - May 3 with 3105 viewsxrayspecs

My summer wish list on 09:27 - May 3 by BlueBlueBluex2

Bishop activated his option for next season already due to games started and will be here next season.

Doz will be offered up.

You can still make contracted players available for transfer.
Login to get fewer ads

My summer wish list on 09:32 - May 3 with 3089 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

My summer wish list on 09:29 - May 3 by xrayspecs

You can still make contracted players available for transfer.

Sure. As has happened to Dozzell but Bish in the managers plans.
My summer wish list on 09:38 - May 3 with 3057 viewsxrayspecs

My summer wish list on 09:32 - May 3 by BlueBlueBluex2

Sure. As has happened to Dozzell but Bish in the managers plans.

Would be pleased to see him reach his full potential here, I am just not convinced he fits the system.

Can he play the number 10 role? He has said it is not his best position. I am not convinced he could play wide in PC's preferred formation, possibly the two central midfielders although PC may go with two ball winners if Dozz is being made available for transfer.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 9:39]
My summer wish list on 10:03 - May 3 with 2973 viewsBlueandTruesince82

We defo need a new keeper.

Think whoever we are unable to ship out stays as back up, don't know if Holy's contact is up but suspect given he has been here longer he might be more saleable/loanable/releasable.

A LB/WB who ideally can play on the right as well.

A commanding CB to play along side Woolf. Toto and Wilson back up if need be, not attached to either staying but think Wilson solid.

If any of the MF go then I think it most likely Dozzell, no issue with that jusy hope we structure the deal will with sell on claues and Downes who may have told PC he wants gone (perhaps reading too much into Pc's post match comments) if Will Grigg produces like he has at MK Dons I'd happily see him come in. If Downes goes we need a DMF as Skuse may be experienced cover but not going to give us a full solid season is he.

Wingers x2 plus Dobra. Edwards can and will go, I'm sure he'll have champ interest. Lankester and Morris is a shame to see either go but they need to get out and play after their respective injuries so maybe best all round.

At least 1 striker, Norwood if fit and supplied will score but staying fit is a big if, wouldn't be surprised to see him move on loan if we get 2 quality strikers in.

So at a min we need

GK x 1
CB x 1
WB x 1 (if they offer versatility if not we need 2)
CM x1 (2 if Downes wants out, after that dependants on other moves)
Wingers x2
Striker x 1 (but can see the argument for 2)

That's an absolute min of 7 players but could v easily be more if we wanted to rip up the back line there is a strong case for only keeping KVY

Same MF where Downes is the only one who presents a real case and even he might want out

Up top enough said.

Is it worth giving Hawkins a go at CB?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

My summer wish list on 10:40 - May 3 with 2872 viewsRadioOrwell

My summer wish list on 10:03 - May 3 by BlueandTruesince82

We defo need a new keeper.

Think whoever we are unable to ship out stays as back up, don't know if Holy's contact is up but suspect given he has been here longer he might be more saleable/loanable/releasable.

A LB/WB who ideally can play on the right as well.

A commanding CB to play along side Woolf. Toto and Wilson back up if need be, not attached to either staying but think Wilson solid.

If any of the MF go then I think it most likely Dozzell, no issue with that jusy hope we structure the deal will with sell on claues and Downes who may have told PC he wants gone (perhaps reading too much into Pc's post match comments) if Will Grigg produces like he has at MK Dons I'd happily see him come in. If Downes goes we need a DMF as Skuse may be experienced cover but not going to give us a full solid season is he.

Wingers x2 plus Dobra. Edwards can and will go, I'm sure he'll have champ interest. Lankester and Morris is a shame to see either go but they need to get out and play after their respective injuries so maybe best all round.

At least 1 striker, Norwood if fit and supplied will score but staying fit is a big if, wouldn't be surprised to see him move on loan if we get 2 quality strikers in.

So at a min we need

GK x 1
CB x 1
WB x 1 (if they offer versatility if not we need 2)
CM x1 (2 if Downes wants out, after that dependants on other moves)
Wingers x2
Striker x 1 (but can see the argument for 2)

That's an absolute min of 7 players but could v easily be more if we wanted to rip up the back line there is a strong case for only keeping KVY

Same MF where Downes is the only one who presents a real case and even he might want out

Up top enough said.

Is it worth giving Hawkins a go at CB?

2 strikers. Keep Norwood.
We're not terrible in defence weirdly enough ( GK apart )
Not scoring has killed us.

Our goals against was OK to get promoted.
Goals for was about 30 short.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 10:43]
My summer wish list on 11:02 - May 3 with 2815 viewsBaltachaFanClub

My summer wish list on 08:26 - May 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

Sorry? You don’t expect anyone will leave?

Not what I said at all.

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue
Poll: What happens more in the average week ?
Blog: It's Not R*********, It's the Promise of an Adventure

My summer wish list on 12:26 - May 3 with 2678 viewsBiGDonnie

I wouldn't mind seeing Garbutt back. Walton for keeper.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

My summer wish list on 12:49 - May 3 with 2620 viewsMB26

I'd expect this to be the squad and those in capitals are who've had contracts renewed.

GKs: 1x KEEPER, Cornell, Holy
RBs: KVY, 1x NEW RIGHT BACK
CBs: 1x NEW CENTRE HALF, Woolfenden, NSIALA, Ndaba
LBs: 1x NEW LEFT BACK, Kenlock, NYDAM
CMs: 1x CENTRE MID, Downes, Dozzell, Nolan, GIBBS
AM/Ws: 2x WINGERS, BISHOP, Dobra, Lankester, EDWARDS, EL-MIZOUNI
ST: 2x STRIKERS, Norwood, Hawkins

That's 10 new players, remember they don't all have to be permanent signings. 3 high quality loans in the right areas can be the difference.

Arguably our defence isn't awful it just needs consistency and a better keeper behind them. If we can offload Holy that would be ideal.

We need goals and creativity. I think as mentioned 7 should be the minimum, I would like 10 with at least 7 being permanent signings. I'd happily take Rhodes but I don't know how realistic that is.
My summer wish list on 13:32 - May 3 with 2483 viewsstopmoaning

My summer wish list on 12:49 - May 3 by MB26

I'd expect this to be the squad and those in capitals are who've had contracts renewed.

That's 10 new players, remember they don't all have to be permanent signings. 3 high quality loans in the right areas can be the difference.

Arguably our defence isn't awful it just needs consistency and a better keeper behind them. If we can offload Holy that would be ideal.

We need goals and creativity. I think as mentioned 7 should be the minimum, I would like 10 with at least 7 being permanent signings. I'd happily take Rhodes but I don't know how realistic that is.

That makes a huge squad again!
My summer wish list on 13:32 - May 3 with 2477 viewsCheltenham_Blue

My summer wish list on 11:02 - May 3 by BaltachaFanClub

Not what I said at all.

Maybe you aren't explaining yourself very well?

"I know we are going to see great turnover, although I don’t expect everyone to leave."

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

My summer wish list on 13:34 - May 3 with 2459 viewsfooters

My summer wish list on 13:32 - May 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

Maybe you aren't explaining yourself very well?

"I know we are going to see great turnover, although I don’t expect everyone to leave."

Everyone =/= anyone.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

My summer wish list on 13:37 - May 3 with 2444 viewsMB26

My summer wish list on 13:32 - May 3 by stopmoaning

There's room to manoeuvre from there though. Players will go out on loan once more. Personally I would try move Holy, Hawkins's & Kenlock on. I don't think we will risk releasing 95% of the out of contract players hence why the likes of Nsiala and Edwards are kept on. I could be more brutal but that's simply not realistic. Perhaps 10 is overly ambitious and unnecessary but that all depends on who stays and goes.
My summer wish list on 14:34 - May 3 with 2337 viewschrismakin

Bristol city are another club with a lot of players coming to ends of their contracts. Anyone there you think could come in? I dont much about BC so cant really comment on their players

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

My summer wish list on 14:44 - May 3 with 2316 viewsChurchman

Broadly, the defence hasn’t been too bad this season. We do however need as higher quality goalkeeper as we can afford and get. One of Cornell and Holy can stay as cover.

A couple of midfielders would be good. A passer like Jermaine Wright and Matt Holland box to box with 10 goals a season style would be nice. Crucial is a goalscorer up front. A Murphy, Walters, Shefki, Bent would be great, but a player (or two!) that is fit to play the games and can offer a threat. Lastly, a wide player with pace.

It’s a wish list alright and it’ll depend on how enthusiastic Cook and Ashton are with the axe as well as how much £ is available.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 14:47]
My summer wish list on 14:48 - May 3 with 2290 viewsMullet

My summer wish list on 14:44 - May 3 by Churchman

Broadly, the defence hasn’t been too bad this season. We do however need as higher quality goalkeeper as we can afford and get. One of Cornell and Holy can stay as cover.

A couple of midfielders would be good. A passer like Jermaine Wright and Matt Holland box to box with 10 goals a season style would be nice. Crucial is a goalscorer up front. A Murphy, Walters, Shefki, Bent would be great, but a player (or two!) that is fit to play the games and can offer a threat. Lastly, a wide player with pace.

It’s a wish list alright and it’ll depend on how enthusiastic Cook and Ashton are with the axe as well as how much £ is available.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 14:47]

Seems inevitable we will go for Evans so can’t see us needing too many CMs unless they want rid of any dam and El Miz etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

My summer wish list on 14:50 - May 3 with 2271 viewschrismakin

My summer wish list on 14:48 - May 3 by Mullet

Seems inevitable we will go for Evans so can’t see us needing too many CMs unless they want rid of any dam and El Miz etc.

PC likes Nolan too. So he will play a part next season.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

My summer wish list on 15:24 - May 3 with 2184 viewsWakh

My summer wish list on 13:32 - May 3 by stopmoaning

No. 31 out. In including those already released and 11-13 in. 1 or 2 loans.
My summer wish list on 15:46 - May 3 with 2116 viewsxrayspecs

My summer wish list on 12:49 - May 3 by MB26

That is 28 players including Gibbs

We will not have three senior keepers, one of the academy players would be third choice. One of both of Holy and Cornell will leave.

We will not need four forwards and seven attacking midfielders vying for four starting places.

A couple of senior players for each position, with some of the promising youngsters called into the squad as needed.

While I agree that our defence isn't awful, it is not great and we get away with it at this level as the opposition forwards are generally very poor. I would expect PC to have one eye on players who could also step up and perform in the Championship, so the likes of Nsiala, Kenlock, Nbada and possibly Wolf may not be viewed as good enough for us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024