Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Money is no guarantee 17:23 - Apr 7 with 594 viewsMB26

I'm delighted as anyone to see the back of Mr. Evans from our football club but we must remember that money is no guarantee of success. There are fundamental issues with this football club that run far deeper than the playing staff (which is a big issue in itself). These need addressing before we can dream of the promised land once again. I feel it's our duty as fans to be remain vocal in a constructive and supportive manner in order to relay our frustrations at this moment and any that arise going forward.

I don't want to come across as negative as I'm delighted with today's news but we've got to be mindful of not allowing mistakes of the past to happen again.

I welcome Gamechanger 20 LTD with open arms and I truly hope this isn't another false dawn for our club. They've got a lot of work to do, I just hope they know that as much as we do.
Money is no guarantee on 17:25 - Apr 7 with 574 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It's not about the money. It really isn't.
It is about the structure and Evans releasing his grip, which was choking us.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Money is no guarantee on 17:26 - Apr 7 with 557 viewsIllinoisblue

The money is important for getting the structure of the club right and paying professionals to do a professional job and run the club properly.

Someone as experienced as Cook shouldn’t need a fortune to get us out of L1. I’d prefer it if we don’t splash the cash

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Money is no guarantee on 17:28 - Apr 7 with 535 viewsBlueBadger

Money is no guarantee on 17:25 - Apr 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

Although the money does help, quite a bit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Money is no guarantee on 17:29 - Apr 7 with 529 viewswkj

There is a deeper point here which is that Gamechanger 20 LTD have to succeed in some form or another - for their own ends as well as those of the club. If they fail, then it will undoubtedly be a very short term investment. If they succeed - they cash out, and it will undoubtedly be a very short term investment.

We're going to see some very informed decisions - of this I have no doubt. Are we doing to see success? Not a clue.

They have done good work with Phoenix Rising, and I have faith that every football decision they make will be carefully considered. I hope all parties are successful by the end, and i/when they do sell us - it is because we're seen as a quality asset, not a toxic rescue option.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Money is no guarantee on 17:29 - Apr 7 with 524 viewsMB26

Money is no guarantee on 17:25 - Apr 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

Completely agree but I think it can be easy for many to see it as signings galore and off we go.

We need solid foundations in order for us to get our house together. That's the first and arguably most crucial step.
Money is no guarantee on 17:30 - Apr 7 with 518 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Money is no guarantee on 17:28 - Apr 7 by BlueBadger

Although the money does help, quite a bit.

If they are going to paint the turnstiles again. I'm all for it.

Obviously it does, but a proper structure will help the on pitch stuff too.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Money is no guarantee on 18:41 - Apr 7 with 414 viewsSwansea_Blue

Quite right. I hope us fans realise how much there is to do too, and also realise that just because these people aren't ME it doesn't guarantee success either.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024