Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This miserable, miserable club, bloody hell... 17:01 - Apr 5 with 1367 viewsIpswichFan26

I feel sick. This awful, awful feeling. I genuinely drifted off for a ten minute nap in the second half. Why did Lambert not get sacked before or during the January transfer window? The players brought in during Jan are not good enough. Paul Cook has been shafted and dealt with a bad hand for this season. But lets move onto today. This Rochdale team are bottom of the league. They played better than us and looked the team likely to score and win.

I usually try too give the benefit of the doubt and be a little positive, but i'm disgusted at these performances from the players. That was absolutely unacceptable and it's not for the first time. These players are supposed to be fighting for the playoffs. Fighting for their careers here at the club. And each one of them has given sweet FA.

This comes back to Evans. I'm furious at how he has handled this season. The incompetence is just shambolic. He has to go. This season has been a disaster and the buck stops with him. Though the players, bloody hell. Get rid of the lot and start again.

I genuinely, genuinely am at the stage where i have had enough. Football isn't supposed to be this miserable. I can't remember the last time i enjoyed a Town performance. Was it maybe away to Blackpool? Probably. How we are still in with a shout of reaching the playoffs is absolutely laughable.

COYB

This miserable, miserable club, bloody hell... on 17:03 - Apr 5 with 1327 viewsTheBoyBlue

Incredible to think that some people don't want a takeover.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

This miserable, miserable club, bloody hell... on 17:09 - Apr 5 with 1280 viewsIpswichFan26

This miserable, miserable club, bloody hell... on 17:03 - Apr 5 by TheBoyBlue

People are afraid of change i guess. But for the love of everything we need a change. Evans has bundled every major decision for this club. It's not out a hatred for the club, he is just not good enough to run a football club. We need folk who are. It's as simple as that. We haven't had a finger on the pulse here for years.

COYB

This miserable, miserable club, bloody hell... on 17:13 - Apr 5 with 1223 viewsTheBoyBlue

This miserable, miserable club, bloody hell... on 17:09 - Apr 5 by IpswichFan26

People are afraid of change i guess. But for the love of everything we need a change. Evans has bundled every major decision for this club. It's not out a hatred for the club, he is just not good enough to run a football club. We need folk who are. It's as simple as that. We haven't had a finger on the pulse here for years.

Couldn't agree more! I don't hate him, I don't believe he's in it for the love of the club, but neither do I believe that he is using us some kind of tax fiddle or anything like that, although in part that's because I don't understand any of that kind of stuff!

However, as you say, he has got just about every decision wrong since he took on the club (including arguably taking on the club in the first place!) and what worries me about the takeover is that we are relying on his decision making to give the go-ahead. I don't trust him not to bungle that too.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

This miserable, miserable club, bloody hell... on 17:22 - Apr 5 with 1160 viewsNthQldITFC

I'm starting to think he must be a bit of an idiot. Firstly that he has consistently got things wrong so badly, both in his decisions and in the timing of them, and secondly that he thinks there is ANY chance of ANY manager putting things right under his kind of stewardship. It doesn't make sense that a successful businessman could be so blind about his own shortcomings here. Has he actually fallen in love with the club and blinded himself to his own unsuitability to run it? It's mad.

Just take what you can get for it man, and far cough.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

This miserable, miserable club, bloody hell... on 17:29 - Apr 5 with 1098 viewslevelneville

The fight disappeared when we dropped out of the Championship IMO....its a mental thing now, they haven't got the desire nor the ability to turn it around, I think PC is a good manager with his own chosen players but not with what he has here right now. Is there one player I would keep from today's squad ?? I'm struggling to answer that, maybe Dobra, Nisala? but anyone else is just not worth hanging on to. New manager bounce has been mentioned, but you can't have it when the ball is flat !!
This miserable, miserable club, bloody hell... on 17:32 - Apr 5 with 1077 viewsIpswichFan26

This miserable, miserable club, bloody hell... on 17:22 - Apr 5 by NthQldITFC

I'm starting to think he must be a bit of an idiot. Firstly that he has consistently got things wrong so badly, both in his decisions and in the timing of them, and secondly that he thinks there is ANY chance of ANY manager putting things right under his kind of stewardship. It doesn't make sense that a successful businessman could be so blind about his own shortcomings here. Has he actually fallen in love with the club and blinded himself to his own unsuitability to run it? It's mad.

Just take what you can get for it man, and far cough.

Yeah it absolutely blows my mind to be honest. How have we not got an actual structure here that can compensate for Evans' footballing shortcomings. Surely as a business person, you recognise that if you're not good enough to bring this club forwards, or you are not at the club enough times to have your finger on the pulse to quickly fix situations and actually do things, you hire the best people in key positions and empower them to do it for you. But we haven't. It's such a farce. Again, i try not to hate Evans or anything, but thinking about how he has actually ran this club enrages me. How has he not 'got' it after over 10 years?

COYB

This miserable, miserable club, bloody hell... on 17:36 - Apr 5 with 1033 viewsIpswichFan26

This miserable, miserable club, bloody hell... on 17:29 - Apr 5 by levelneville

The fight disappeared when we dropped out of the Championship IMO....its a mental thing now, they haven't got the desire nor the ability to turn it around, I think PC is a good manager with his own chosen players but not with what he has here right now. Is there one player I would keep from today's squad ?? I'm struggling to answer that, maybe Dobra, Nisala? but anyone else is just not worth hanging on to. New manager bounce has been mentioned, but you can't have it when the ball is flat !!

You're right. It must be hard to stop this sinking feeling you get when you consistently haven't played well for 3 years now. We need a fresh start at the club. But these players probably do as well. Whether they get them at other clubs after seeing what some of them have actually done here is another story though, and good luck to them and their agents with that. I feel bad for saying this, but Jackson and a lot of the others has to go down as some of the worst signings we've ever made. What was his transfer fee again? £1.6 million was it? Wow.

COYB

This miserable, miserable club, bloody hell... on 17:37 - Apr 5 with 1006 viewspointofblue

This miserable, miserable club, bloody hell... on 17:03 - Apr 5 by TheBoyBlue

I desperately want the takeover. We’re buried anyway with Evans in charge - if we trip over. Steve Dale and end up ceasing to exist then so be it, at least there will be some closure. As it is oblivion is coming anyway, just at a slower pace.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

This miserable, miserable club, bloody hell... on 17:43 - Apr 5 with 977 viewsRobTheMonk

I think I might be done for the season.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 17:44]
This miserable, miserable club, bloody hell... on 17:51 - Apr 5 with 918 viewsN2_Blue

This miserable, miserable club, bloody hell... on 17:43 - Apr 5 by RobTheMonk

I think I'm just done!

I've been slowly falling out of love with football but still followed by beloved ITFC. Now I have fallen out of love with ITFC.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

This miserable, miserable club, bloody hell... on 17:58 - Apr 5 with 869 viewsIpswichFan26

This miserable, miserable club, bloody hell... on 17:43 - Apr 5 by RobTheMonk

Me too probably. I hate to say it. But i'm spending a tenner a game that's equal parts infuriating me and making me more and more apathetic. We all deserve a little better. Hopefully next season will be.

COYB

This miserable, miserable club, bloody hell... on 18:02 - Apr 5 with 839 viewsRobTheMonk

This miserable, miserable club, bloody hell... on 17:58 - Apr 5 by IpswichFan26

Me too probably. I hate to say it. But i'm spending a tenner a game that's equal parts infuriating me and making me more and more apathetic. We all deserve a little better. Hopefully next season will be.

Same thoughts here. Think I'll spend the remaining match costs on books.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024