Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Free Book 19:06 - Apr 4 with 2480 viewsADStephenson

Well, only if you have a kindle. My book, A Cloud Can Weigh A Million Pounds, is available on the Kindle store for free for the rest of today and all of tomorrow as well. If you like light-hearted crime and a protagonist who is a former Ballon d'Or winner... well you've probably already read it as it's quite a niche market.
There are a few Town references in there and as I've had some good reviews so far, I don't think it's total rubbish, although you can be the judge of that.

www.adstephenson.com

Free Book on 19:17 - Apr 4 with 2036 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Bought!
Free Book on 19:26 - Apr 4 with 2021 viewsBlueBadger

If this isn't at least as good as 'Striker' by Steve Bruce, I'm demanding my money back.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 19:47]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Free Book on 19:42 - Apr 4 with 1999 viewsWD19

According to scientists, the weight of the average cumulus cloud is 1.1 million pounds.
Free Book on 19:47 - Apr 4 with 1987 viewsSwailsey

Free Book on 19:26 - Apr 4 by BlueBadger

If this isn't at least as good as 'Striker' by Steve Bruce, I'm demanding my money back.

It’s a high-quality motor!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Free Book on 19:54 - Apr 4 with 1983 viewsADStephenson

Free Book on 19:26 - Apr 4 by BlueBadger

I'm not saying he wasn't the inspiration to write it. I've never actually read any of his trilogy, but the reviews are superb.

www.adstephenson.com

Free Book on 19:56 - Apr 4 with 1980 viewsADStephenson

Free Book on 19:47 - Apr 4 by Swailsey

It’s a high-quality motor!

Is it a spoiler to reveal whether there is or is not a heavily featured Jaguar? It is a high quality motor.

www.adstephenson.com

Free Book on 20:30 - Apr 4 with 1963 viewsfactual_blue

Free Book on 19:42 - Apr 4 by WD19

According to scientists, the weight of the average cumulus cloud is 1.1 million pounds.

Yeah, but scientists say we needed a lockdown, so what do they know?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Free Book on 20:33 - Apr 4 with 1960 viewsfactual_blue

Is it an autographed copy?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Free Book on 22:03 - Apr 4 with 1935 viewsADStephenson

Free Book on 20:33 - Apr 4 by factual_blue

Is it an autographed copy?

If you post me a Kindle, I'll sign it and pay it back.

www.adstephenson.com

Phil/Gav - worth a sticky? (n/t) on 23:36 - Apr 4 with 1911 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Free Book on 09:59 - Apr 5 with 1806 viewsDeano69

Just finished a book on my kindle so have downloaded yours. Really appreciate it, thank you.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Free Book on 10:24 - Apr 5 with 1783 viewsSwailsey

Free Book on 19:56 - Apr 4 by ADStephenson

Is it a spoiler to reveal whether there is or is not a heavily featured Jaguar? It is a high quality motor.

Haha!

In all seriousness, thanks for this - will get it later.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Free Book on 10:32 - Apr 5 with 1774 viewsADStephenson

Thanks to everyone for the support, and for the sticky, not something I expected, I feel honoured!
We're into the last 20 hours or so of the offer (I'm pretty sure it ends at midnight Pacific time) and I got as high as 6th on the mystery action genre lost on Amazon.co.uk's ranking and from 2225 to 648 in the overall ranking. If you can still help and ask any friends or family to have a look as well I'd be truly thankful (easy to say, but I really do mean it).
Thanks again

www.adstephenson.com

Free Book on 10:59 - Apr 5 with 1737 viewsEwan_Oozami

Have downloaded and will read later - always very happy to support fellow hacks, I mean, authors!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Free Book on 11:17 - Apr 5 with 1721 viewsNewcyBlue

I’ve downloaded it for Kindle for my eventual journey home.

I’ll buy the paperback version when home, can you PM me your details. If you wouldn’t mind signing it and sending it back, I’ll keep it for my kids. I have a few random signed books for them. It’s a weird thing I do.

I look forward to reading it. Thanks.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Thank you! on 13:30 - Apr 5 with 1612 viewsADStephenson

Genuinely amazed at the contribution you guys have made (I assume it's mostly TWTD as I haven't really pushed it anywhere else today).
I'm up to number 296 in the overall Kindle Ranking and 4 in the mystery action fiction, 4 in the crime action fiction and 6 in the action thriller fiction lists. Getting to number one on any of those lists would be incredible so please try to keep pushing it if you can and thanks again! (Even if it will destroy what is seemingly a great market once it is no longer free.)

www.adstephenson.com

Thank you! on 14:35 - Apr 5 with 1558 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Thank you! on 13:30 - Apr 5 by ADStephenson

Genuinely amazed at the contribution you guys have made (I assume it's mostly TWTD as I haven't really pushed it anywhere else today).
I'm up to number 296 in the overall Kindle Ranking and 4 in the mystery action fiction, 4 in the crime action fiction and 6 in the action thriller fiction lists. Getting to number one on any of those lists would be incredible so please try to keep pushing it if you can and thanks again! (Even if it will destroy what is seemingly a great market once it is no longer free.)

But imagine being able to always write "Number One best-selling author A.D. Stephenson" in your biogs in the future!

I've downloaded it.
Free Book on 14:36 - Apr 5 with 1555 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Why didn't you post the link?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cloud-Million-Pounds-McAlpin-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B08TTM
Free Book (n/t) on 14:40 - Apr 5 with 1551 viewswkj

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Free Book on 15:49 - Apr 5 with 1508 viewsADStephenson

Free Book on 14:36 - Apr 5 by ArnoldMoorhen

Why didn't you post the link?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cloud-Million-Pounds-McAlpin-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B08TTM

That would have been wise. Thanks!

www.adstephenson.com

Free Book on 17:03 - Apr 5 with 1449 viewsArnoldMoorhen

England's Number One, England's, England's Number One*

*in the Mystery Action Fiction Genre on Amazon.co.uk on Monday 5th April 2021

Well done A.D!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/digital-text/4542581031?tf=1/ref=pd_zg_h
Free Book - update and huge thanks on 19:40 - Apr 5 with 1344 viewsADStephenson

Just a little update for everyone who has been reading this. With your help, I made it onto the number 1 slot of two of the three genres I assigned the book to, as well as breaking into the top 100 on the Kindle store. When I put my post on this morning I'd had something like 6 downloads for the day and was hoping to get to 10 to break the 200 mark for the promo period. I've now had 220 just today, more than doubling my total for the five day promo.
Thank you all so much, I really am amazed.
I've been reading the forum for literally years (I was at Loughborough Uni library reading about Keane being hired on here...) and have witnessed the altruistic nature of the board from afar, but never first hand.
Special thanks to BlueBadger for suggesting the sticky and Phil/Gav for going with it. The promo ends around 8am tomorrow morning, so if you've missed out you might just have to pay for it...
I am also looking for reviewers for this book, and my second which is finished, but not ready for publication. If you fancy being a pre-release reviewer, please let me know, although that will probably be around October time.
Thanks again - I feel truly humbled and incredibly grateful.

www.adstephenson.com

Free Book - update and huge thanks on 20:34 - Apr 5 with 1308 viewssuffolkpoker

Free Book - update and huge thanks on 19:40 - Apr 5 by ADStephenson

Just a little update for everyone who has been reading this. With your help, I made it onto the number 1 slot of two of the three genres I assigned the book to, as well as breaking into the top 100 on the Kindle store. When I put my post on this morning I'd had something like 6 downloads for the day and was hoping to get to 10 to break the 200 mark for the promo period. I've now had 220 just today, more than doubling my total for the five day promo.
Thank you all so much, I really am amazed.
I've been reading the forum for literally years (I was at Loughborough Uni library reading about Keane being hired on here...) and have witnessed the altruistic nature of the board from afar, but never first hand.
Special thanks to BlueBadger for suggesting the sticky and Phil/Gav for going with it. The promo ends around 8am tomorrow morning, so if you've missed out you might just have to pay for it...
I am also looking for reviewers for this book, and my second which is finished, but not ready for publication. If you fancy being a pre-release reviewer, please let me know, although that will probably be around October time.
Thanks again - I feel truly humbled and incredibly grateful.

Never under estimate the power of TWTD and town fans when we all
Come together.

I don’t have a kindle but let me know when a paper book comes out. Will happily pay for that.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Free Book - update and huge thanks on 20:41 - Apr 5 with 1299 viewsADStephenson

Free Book - update and huge thanks on 20:34 - Apr 5 by suffolkpoker

Never under estimate the power of TWTD and town fans when we all
Come together.

I don’t have a kindle but let me know when a paper book comes out. Will happily pay for that.

I had high hopes for the TWTD community, just not quite as high as that! Honestly amazing. Perhaps the best thing about being a Town fan right now. It's been so good I've almost managed to ignore the game today.
Anyway, there is also a paperback version available. You can get it here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B08VCMWS9G/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?ie=UTF8&qid

www.adstephenson.com

Free Book on 21:44 - Apr 5 with 1273 viewsRomeo4

I’ve downloaded it. Thanks for pointing us in the right direction.

Look forward to reading it next. All the best with it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024