Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes 16:09 - Mar 25 with 5581 viewsGipeswic

Dan Palfrey “confirmed that iFollow will be taken into account with compensation…”

Wrong, wrong, wrong.
Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 20:45 - Mar 25 with 1806 viewsParky

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 20:36 - Mar 25 by chrismakin

Parky, My comment wasn't aimed at those who did it in general, it was mainly aimed at he OP as he wasn't happy about paying I Follow rates to watch the game after purchasing the season ticket,

Fair enough, I just found your comments “not being stupid enough” unnecessary. Many people renewed on the grounds that it would help support the club financially through the pandemic, I also imagine people renewed in the hope to attend a few games, sadly there was only a few. I don’t think anybody should be knocked for either of those.

Whilst it was never going to be ‘free’ and I never expected it to be either, I do think the way the club have advertised the iFollow codes has been wrong labelling the word ‘free’ every time.

Whilst I can’t speak for everybody, I’m confident that most Season Ticket holders will be happy with some form of compensation (a lot won’t even want that) and then hopefully we can all return again next season.
Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 20:50 - Mar 25 with 1796 viewschrismakin

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 20:45 - Mar 25 by Parky

Fair enough, I just found your comments “not being stupid enough” unnecessary. Many people renewed on the grounds that it would help support the club financially through the pandemic, I also imagine people renewed in the hope to attend a few games, sadly there was only a few. I don’t think anybody should be knocked for either of those.

Whilst it was never going to be ‘free’ and I never expected it to be either, I do think the way the club have advertised the iFollow codes has been wrong labelling the word ‘free’ every time.

Whilst I can’t speak for everybody, I’m confident that most Season Ticket holders will be happy with some form of compensation (a lot won’t even want that) and then hopefully we can all return again next season.

I'm shocked by the word compensation to be honest

It should just be called 'part refund for your season ticket purchases', just a rather bizarre word to use from the club when it comes to it. It's not compensation. You bough a season ticket to go to PR to watch live football. You couldn't so you get your money back. Simple as really. quite amazing they've taken this long to figure out 'how they're going to do it'

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 21:05 - Mar 25 with 1782 viewsParky

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 20:50 - Mar 25 by chrismakin

I'm shocked by the word compensation to be honest

It should just be called 'part refund for your season ticket purchases', just a rather bizarre word to use from the club when it comes to it. It's not compensation. You bough a season ticket to go to PR to watch live football. You couldn't so you get your money back. Simple as really. quite amazing they've taken this long to figure out 'how they're going to do it'

I guess the word compensation is very broad and will cover all options. I imagine the club will give people an option, whether that be a full refund, donate it to the academy, have vouchers and possibly more.
Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 22:30 - Mar 25 with 1760 viewsBluefish

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 16:15 - Mar 25 by Gipeswic

Never used the "Free" access.

Please don't try to be a smart arse regarding knowing the chances of being at Portman Road this season.

Are you a season ticket holder?

You bought a season ticket but haven't watched any games this season online? Why did you buy a ST if you don't like watching football?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 09:49 - Mar 26 with 1692 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 16:12 - Mar 25 by chrismakin

Why is it wrong?

People chose to buy a season ticket surely knowing 90% chance of not being able to be at the ground to watch any games....

Wouldnt it make sense to take the fee of the season ticket. Minus the costs of I follow. Theirs your compensation
[Post edited 25 Mar 2021 16:16]

We paid our money in good faith knowing the club needed it. If The club claims iFollow as our season and doesn't include something good in our renewals for next season that will be pissing on the fan base again. We KNEW we wouldn't see any football. We renewed because they asked us to keep supporting the club through the tough period. While I don't expect a full refund if the club says you had iFollow which is terrible and that was worth what I paid for my ST then that is silly. I'd happily take a % off my renewal in return for me helping to fund the club when we couldn't watch the team. iFollow should be free as a thank you.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 09:51 - Mar 26 with 1691 viewsHerbivore

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 17:54 - Mar 25 by Gipeswic

From Marcus Evans' letter that I received by email on 21 April 2020:

"Subject to the technology being in place you will receive free internet viewing of any behind closed doors home match for next season..."

Which you've had as a season ticket holder?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 09:55 - Mar 26 with 1690 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 09:51 - Mar 26 by Herbivore

Which you've had as a season ticket holder?

The key word is free. Also it has been terrible. Terrible cameras and awful commentary. Looks like a kid put it together.

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 10:09 - Mar 26 with 1686 viewsBloomBlue

I suppose everyone under 16 will get a full refund ?
[Post edited 26 Mar 2021 10:10]
Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 10:12 - Mar 26 with 1681 viewsHerbivore

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 09:55 - Mar 26 by BlueWorldOrder

The key word is free. Also it has been terrible. Terrible cameras and awful commentary. Looks like a kid put it together.

Free as in no additional cost. I'm not really sure why there's confusion over this. Streaming was always going to be a substitute for games missed. There should of course be a partial refund but to expect a full refund when you've been able to watch every home game is a nonsense really. I do sympathise with homes where there are multiple ST holders though.

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 12:04 - Mar 26 with 1658 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 10:12 - Mar 26 by Herbivore

Free as in no additional cost. I'm not really sure why there's confusion over this. Streaming was always going to be a substitute for games missed. There should of course be a partial refund but to expect a full refund when you've been able to watch every home game is a nonsense really. I do sympathise with homes where there are multiple ST holders though.

I don't want a full refund. They could easily give us all cups free next season. That's 3 different competitions between the Trophy, League Cup and FA Cup and potentially a fair few games assuming we progress. That wouldn't cost them anything to do and those games will be empty anyway.

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 13:13 - Mar 26 with 1636 viewsHerbivore

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 12:04 - Mar 26 by BlueWorldOrder

I don't want a full refund. They could easily give us all cups free next season. That's 3 different competitions between the Trophy, League Cup and FA Cup and potentially a fair few games assuming we progress. That wouldn't cost them anything to do and those games will be empty anyway.

Wait and see what they offer. I suspect it'll be a discount on next season that is a decent amount but if you choose not to renew and opt for a refund it'll be a smaller amount or in vouchers or similar. They won't want to be having to give cash refunds if they can help it given the club has had pretty much no cash flow this year.

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 14:07 - Mar 26 with 1610 viewsCheshire_Tractor

I'm a ST holder and I don't expect a full refund. To me, deducting the price of i-follow seems reasonable - if they can take account of multiple STs in a single household.

However I do think the club have a habit of labelling things as FREE when they actually mean 'included in the price'. They are different concepts. I can understand why some might be under the impression the i-follow access is not charged when they shout FREE at them at every opportunity.

If you bought a car from our club, it would probably be marketed as having FREE seats and a FREE steering wheel as long as you buy the engine.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2021 14:13]
Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 17:10 - Mar 26 with 1579 viewsWickets

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 17:02 - Mar 25 by PhilTWTD

I have heard that that approach has been discussed. They will have records of who has used iFollow.

Several times i have got my redemption code but not used it . It will be interesting to see if that makes a difference ?
Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 17:22 - Mar 26 with 1562 viewschrismakin

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 17:10 - Mar 26 by Wickets

Several times i have got my redemption code but not used it . It will be interesting to see if that makes a difference ?

Probably still charged for the code I'd imagine.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 17:27 - Mar 26 with 1557 viewsFreddy

Surely it should be a full refund or the choice of leaving cash in club to pay for next seasons tickets?
Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 17:36 - Mar 26 with 1548 viewsTieDyedIn95

I just didn't renew because I knew I wouldn't see any games and couldn't afford to piss my money away on it during COVID. I'd have thought the club would reward those who stayed with something though.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 18:19 - Mar 26 with 1529 viewsHerbivore

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 17:27 - Mar 26 by Freddy

Surely it should be a full refund or the choice of leaving cash in club to pay for next seasons tickets?

Why would it be a full refund when your season ticket has enabled you to watch every home game live?

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 08:05 - Mar 27 with 1454 viewsFreddy

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 18:19 - Mar 26 by Herbivore

Why would it be a full refund when your season ticket has enabled you to watch every home game live?

All s t holders at all clubs have been able to watch i follow free & clubs have rec'd 80% of the i follow cash from the efl.

What other clubs are taking cash off season tickets holders cause they've had access to ifollow?
Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 08:10 - Mar 27 with 1451 viewschrismakin

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 08:05 - Mar 27 by Freddy

All s t holders at all clubs have been able to watch i follow free & clubs have rec'd 80% of the i follow cash from the efl.

What other clubs are taking cash off season tickets holders cause they've had access to ifollow?

There is no free access to home games, they all get codes the same as you guys no?

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 09:01 - Mar 27 with 1435 viewsHerbivore

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 08:05 - Mar 27 by Freddy

80% of the revenue from ST holders accessing iFollo is somewhere between nought and zero given ST holders aren't having to pay for it. I imagine most sides have been doing similar to Town and are currently working out how to compensate ST holders. But I find the idea that ST holders should get all of their money back having had £230 worth of iFollow for home games rather odd.

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 09:18 - Mar 27 with 1423 viewstractorboy7777

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 18:19 - Mar 26 by Herbivore

You’ve potentially got elderly season ticket holders who have been unable to use the ifollow system though.

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 09:47 - Mar 27 with 1405 viewsHerbivore

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 09:18 - Mar 27 by tractorboy7777

You’ve potentially got elderly season ticket holders who have been unable to use the ifollow system though.

Possibly some, and if there are people who haven't used any of their iFollow codes at all I don't have an issue with them getting a refund. I think Phil mentioned the club will be looking at that data. But for those who have been able to watch every home game and who have been using their codes, I don't think they should get a full refund.

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 10:00 - Mar 27 with 1403 viewsPinewoodblue

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 09:47 - Mar 27 by Herbivore

Possibly some, and if there are people who haven't used any of their iFollow codes at all I don't have an issue with them getting a refund. I think Phil mentioned the club will be looking at that data. But for those who have been able to watch every home game and who have been using their codes, I don't think they should get a full refund.

Free as in no additional cost. You don’t get money back if you choose not to attend a home game it seems reasonable to assume season ticket holders have watched every home game on IFollow..

Do however think where several members of the same household are season ticket holders that it needs to be taken into account compensation wise.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 10:21 - Mar 27 with 1393 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Well no it's not wrong, if you think about it, iFollow is £10 a game and season ticket holders get it free (well sort of) Season ticket holders don't have to pay every time a home game is played we just get a code. Season ticket holders pay £333 and iFollow comes up to £230 for 23 home games that leave season ticket holders a surplus of £103. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 11:08 - Mar 27 with 1361 viewsPhilTWTD

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 17:10 - Mar 26 by Wickets

I'm sure I asked a while back whether they were able to tell who had used their codes and I'm pretty sure I was told they could. Would surprise me if they couldn't.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024