Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matheson 18:47 - Mar 13 with 3518 viewscaptainfantastic

What's the latest on him? Chambers looks so, so off it

Poll: player of the season so far?

Matheson on 18:49 - Mar 13 with 3484 viewsKieran_Knows

Way way off the pace ...

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Matheson on 18:57 - Mar 13 with 3403 viewsunstableblue

Chambers been much improved of late, superb header at Gills.

But when you put a winger or wing back on him of any quality then it’s a concern. And he lacks pace to drive attacks

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Matheson on 19:15 - Mar 13 with 3280 viewschrismakin

Your right

Keeping cleansheets. Now is the right time to change the backline.

Chambers is solid hes not gonna bomb forward like a Matheson but that also means he isnt going to leave toto with 2 players to look after.

The midfield and Edward's didnt drop in enough to help him today and tbh he coped rather well with their onslaught.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Matheson on 19:20 - Mar 13 with 3238 viewsjayessess

Matheson on 19:15 - Mar 13 by chrismakin

Your right

Chambers is solid hes not gonna bomb forward like a Matheson but that also means he isnt going to leave toto with 2 players to look after.

The midfield and Edward's didnt drop in enough to help him today and tbh he coped rather well with their onslaught.

I dunno, there were a few times today where I think we really felt the absence of an attacking right back who we could use as a proper outlet.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Matheson on 19:29 - Mar 13 with 3167 viewschrismakin

Matheson on 19:20 - Mar 13 by jayessess

I dunno, there were a few times today where I think we really felt the absence of an attacking right back who we could use as a proper outlet.

I agree altho I wouldn't trust Matheson with the defensive work. Perhaps exactly why cook hasnt looked at him more.. cook loves an overlapping attacking fullback so Matheson seemed like a cert to be in the team.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Matheson on 19:31 - Mar 13 with 3154 viewsArnieM

Perhaps the real question should be .... what’s the latest with KVY??

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Matheson on 19:33 - Mar 13 with 3140 viewstownblue

Matheson on 18:57 - Mar 13 by unstableblue

But when you put a winger or wing back on him of any quality then it’s a concern. And he lacks pace to drive attacks

Tbf if you were an opposing team and noticed a full back of that age you would attempt to run at him, overlap and overload. He deals with it well enough but we would excel with KVY.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2021 19:34]
Matheson on 20:10 - Mar 13 with 2973 viewsBryanPlug

Matheson on 18:49 - Mar 13 by Kieran_Knows

Way way off the pace ...

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Matheson on 20:12 - Mar 13 with 2960 viewsOsborneOneNil

Great bloke, but he’s been off it for a while. Hate to say it for such a committed Town player, but he needs to step aside. Or maybe try him back in the middle (until he makes a mistake).
Matheson on 20:21 - Mar 13 with 2920 viewsKieran_Knows

Matheson on 20:10 - Mar 13 by BryanPlug

No idea, just heard that he's not been great in training and looks way off the pace/making an impact.

Matheson on 20:26 - Mar 13 with 2895 viewsSwansea_Blue

Matheson on 18:57 - Mar 13 by unstableblue

I don’t know whether you intended it, but that’s a damning assessment. Can’t defend and can’t attack (for a manager who likes his attacking fullbacks).

I like Chambo but he’s struggling with the fitness side right now and you have to wonder if his time is up. He shouldn’t be playing twice a week at least.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Matheson on 20:29 - Mar 13 with 2871 viewsHerbivore

Matheson on 20:26 - Mar 13 by Swansea_Blue

I don’t know whether you intended it, but that’s a damning assessment. Can’t defend and can’t attack (for a manager who likes his attacking fullbacks).

I like Chambo but he’s struggling with the fitness side right now and you have to wonder if his time is up. He shouldn’t be playing twice a week at least.

He wasn't really a genuine full back in his prime, let alone at 35 years of age. He's still generally been more than decent there this season, but the fact we've got about 50 players and yet we're starting Chambo at right back every week is a damning indictment of the squad Lambert built. I'd still like us to be moving Chambers back to the middle with Woolfenden. I think they're our best partnership at CB.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Matheson on 20:37 - Mar 13 with 2828 viewsjaykay

Your right

so you didnt see toto and wilson been drawn over chambers side of the pitch to cover for him. good job kenlock was there 3 times when they went awol trying to cover chambers.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Matheson on 20:40 - Mar 13 with 2807 viewsSwansea_Blue

Matheson on 20:29 - Mar 13 by Herbivore

He wasn't really a genuine full back in his prime, let alone at 35 years of age. He's still generally been more than decent there this season, but the fact we've got about 50 players and yet we're starting Chambo at right back every week is a damning indictment of the squad Lambert built. I'd still like us to be moving Chambers back to the middle with Woolfenden. I think they're our best partnership at CB.

What, and miss the fun and games with Toto? Lol

I’ve wondered what he’d be like back in the middle and Woolf is crying out for an experienced partner. So it sounds good in theory. I’m not sure if Chambo is up to it any more but I’d like to see if it could work.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Matheson on 20:56 - Mar 13 with 2731 viewschrismakin

Matheson on 20:37 - Mar 13 by jaykay

so you didnt see toto and wilson been drawn over chambers side of the pitch to cover for him. good job kenlock was there 3 times when they went awol trying to cover chambers.

No. I saw chambers dealing very well with 2/3 plymouth players all game with little support from Edwards

Downes did well helping until his Injury bishop unfortunately didnt help at this when he needed too.

Matheson on 21:00 - Mar 13 with 2715 viewsStewart27

Your right

Strange way of looking at it.

Our best chance of conceding today was down our right. It was good defensive cover from Kenlock that prevented this.

In relation to chambers not bombing forward you’re right. He didn’t. However we also looked like we lacked the defensive cover there. If you’re not bombing forward you at least need to cover defensively right?
Matheson on 21:02 - Mar 13 with 2696 viewsLusor

Matheson on 20:10 - Mar 13 by BryanPlug

Also notice how Chambo now takes ages to take a throw on, often losing the impetus of an attack.
BUT does deserve a testimonial for great service to the club.
Matheson on 21:06 - Mar 13 with 2668 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is odd how, even when the team is winning, the players who are not playing seem, in people's minds, to be better than the ones who are playing.

If there is a realistic chance we will sign Matheson in the summer then playing him makes sense. However, assuming that isn't the case and that the players we are playing are good enough to be getting the results, I say stick with it. More importantly, trust Cook to make the right call on it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Matheson on 22:32 - Mar 13 with 2507 viewsBryanPlug

Matheson on 21:02 - Mar 13 by Lusor

Also notice how Chambo now takes ages to take a throw on, often losing the impetus of an attack.
BUT does deserve a testimonial for great service to the club.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Matheson on 22:34 - Mar 13 with 2496 viewsElderGrizzly

Matheson on 20:21 - Mar 13 by Kieran_Knows

No idea, just heard that he's not been great in training and looks way off the pace/making an impact.

Joe has said he is continually the ‘19th’ man so can’t be that far off?
Matheson on 22:41 - Mar 13 with 2458 viewschrismakin

Matheson on 21:00 - Mar 13 by Stewart27

Strange way of looking at it.

Our best chance of conceding today was down our right. It was good defensive cover from Kenlock that prevented this.

In relation to chambers not bombing forward you’re right. He didn’t. However we also looked like we lacked the defensive cover there. If you’re not bombing forward you at least need to cover defensively right?

Chambers had 0 protection on that side. We could have any other right back in the same position and the crises that plymouth put in would still have happened as it wasnt just 1-1 down that side.

Matheson on 22:50 - Mar 13 with 2414 viewsKieran_Knows

Matheson on 22:34 - Mar 13 by ElderGrizzly

Joe has said he is continually the ‘19th’ man so can’t be that far off?

Only saying what I’ve heard, which, is fairly reliable. But I wouldn’t discredit Joe in any way either, knowing what he knows.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024