Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land 23:56 - Mar 2 with 140829 viewsMuncher

I’ve been doing a bit of digging at HM Land Registry today and what I have seen backs up what Phil has previously mentioned and leads me to believe the takeover is well underway and likely just waiting EFL approval.

The Playford Road site (2 parcels of land) is the subject of a priority search in respect of an intended purchase by Gamechanger 20 Ltd which was lodged on 23 February by law firm Gateley PLC out of their Birmingham office (first instruction by that client).The Bent Lane site is subject to a similar priority search in respect of part of the site only, meaning the Evans group company is retaining part of it.

A priority search is carried out by solicitors to preserve their place in the queue of potential applications for dealing, it confers a priority period of about 45 days. It is a matter of public record and available to view by professionals who have the requisite portal account. It is typically only done in the immediate anticipation of completing a transaction, it can be done slightly ahead of this, but usually is done on the day of exchange of contracts. I’m a commercial property solicitor so carry out these searches on a regular basis. My best guess (based on the timing of the search) is Evans likely entered into a conditional contract last Tuesday for the sale of the land (and club). You would not carry out such a search unless a deal including the detail had either been agreed or was extremely close. The reason such searches are not carried out lightly is because it prevents the proprietor from entering into other transactions while the priority is lodged. If a deal is not happening you should cancel the search, but all 3 remain in place.

There is no corresponding priority search in respect of the stadium lease and I would not expect there to be as the lease is owned by the club as tenant and I would expect Gamechanger 20 Ltd is acquiring the existing share capital owned by Evans.

I am happy to share screenshots if anyone would like to see, but the searches are in relation to the Playford Road site (title number SK219236 & SK203140) and the bent lane site (SK200320) they appear under the “application enquiry” tab.

EDIT:

I have now have a placed a brief article on my firm's website here discussing it:

https://prettys.co.uk/news/takeover-ipswich-town-football-club-could-be-progress

[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 12:59]
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 13:31 - Apr 6 with 6442 viewsFarmerpiles

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 13:24 - Apr 6 by itfcbishop

Confirmation statement have been submitted on IPSWICH TOWN PROPERTY & IPSWICH TOWN STADIUM with no changes.

Oh.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 13:32]
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 13:38 - Apr 6 with 6298 viewsdirtyboy

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 13:24 - Apr 6 by itfcbishop

Confirmation statement have been submitted on IPSWICH TOWN PROPERTY & IPSWICH TOWN STADIUM with no changes.

That nothing has happened as of the date the CS01 is made up to.

Absolute non-event, tells nothing other than nothing has happened so far lol!
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 13:39 - Apr 6 with 6284 viewskaibe

And this means?

Edit: ignore that, so doesn’t indicate anything worthwhile then?
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 13:43]
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 13:55 - Apr 6 with 6059 viewsitfcbishop

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 13:38 - Apr 6 by dirtyboy

That nothing has happened as of the date the CS01 is made up to.

Absolute non-event, tells nothing other than nothing has happened so far lol!

Exactly this, just gov making sure all details are up to date.
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 13:56 - Apr 6 with 6043 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Just realised I only need to check Muncher's latest posts every now and again rather than read all through all the speculation on this thread!

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:31 - Apr 6 with 5887 viewsMuncher

I keep ferreting around to see if there is anything interesting in the public domain but there's nothing new to report at the moment.
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:37 - Apr 6 with 5825 viewsblueislander

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:31 - Apr 6 by Muncher

I keep ferreting around to see if there is anything interesting in the public domain but there's nothing new to report at the moment.

Do you think it is possible that the deal could be completed in the next two days?
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:46 - Apr 6 with 5758 viewsMuncher

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:37 - Apr 6 by blueislander

Do you think it is possible that the deal could be completed in the next two days?

It's possible in that the searches have been renewed in readiness, but it's also possible nothing might happen.

Based purely on the timing of the searches last week, I would not be surpised at all if something happened this week. However, that's only part of the picture. If a deal was that close and I was Marcus Evans I'm not sure I'd be spending my Easter Monday in Rochdale watching that...
Login to get fewer ads

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:53 - Apr 6 with 5703 viewsblueislander

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:46 - Apr 6 by Muncher

It's possible in that the searches have been renewed in readiness, but it's also possible nothing might happen.

Based purely on the timing of the searches last week, I would not be surpised at all if something happened this week. However, that's only part of the picture. If a deal was that close and I was Marcus Evans I'm not sure I'd be spending my Easter Monday in Rochdale watching that...

Those were my thoughts. I know that NDAs are not particularly effective , but I find it strange that anyone close to the deal, and therefore presumably subject to one, would be divulging much information, and then seeing it plastered over the internet.
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:54 - Apr 6 with 5689 viewsPrice_1991

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:46 - Apr 6 by Muncher

Like has been mentioned on another thread it could have been that Evans travelled to Rochdale to speak with Cook in person to let him know what was happening face to face rather than over a Zoom call and to say his goodbyes to the team/staff. Like I have said on the other post could just be clutching at straws so we will wait and see.
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:56 - Apr 6 with 5670 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:54 - Apr 6 by Price_1991

Like has been mentioned on another thread it could have been that Evans travelled to Rochdale to speak with Cook in person to let him know what was happening face to face rather than over a Zoom call and to say his goodbyes to the team/staff. Like I have said on the other post could just be clutching at straws so we will wait and see.

Why would Evans not do all that at Portman Road? Why would he travel to Rochdale on a cold bank holiday Monday to do it?

Yes, I think you're clutching at straws.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:57 - Apr 6 with 5646 viewsabracaDOBRA_

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:54 - Apr 6 by Price_1991

I could think of many places better to let a manager know that you have sold the club than a football game. Think you're clutching mate
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 11:05 - Apr 7 with 5260 viewsMuncher

Well then...
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 11:07 - Apr 7 with 5230 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Muncher you legend!

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 11:09 - Apr 7 with 5208 viewsjeera

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 11:05 - Apr 7 by Muncher

Well then...

Thanks for all the effort you put into keeping everyone updated on this.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 11:11 - Apr 7 with 5181 viewsMatt_Netherlands

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 11:05 - Apr 7 by Muncher

Well then...

Down arrowed by mistake! Excited fingers!
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:22 - Apr 7 with 5103 viewsDennyx4

Thanks Muncher - Really appreciated
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:38 - Apr 7 with 5070 viewsRadioOrwell

Well then...

Excellent work Muncher.
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:58 - Apr 7 with 5008 viewsFunge

Well then...

Best Def Info since the Batistuta transfer.

Seriously tho, kudos, Muncher.
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:59 - Apr 7 with 5005 viewsHerbivore

Excellent work on this thread, Muncher. Fair play.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 13:08 - Apr 7 with 4969 viewsMuncher

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:59 - Apr 7 by Herbivore

Excellent work on this thread, Muncher. Fair play.

Thanks, I was always fairly confident this would happen, because you just don't do these searches for any other reason. If you know what you are looking for it is a bit of a giveaway.
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 13:20 - Apr 7 with 4907 viewsbilllm

Well then...

Muncher the magnificent, great work,
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 13:30 - Apr 7 with 4864 viewsBLUEBEAT

Is the search still in place?

Poll: W or W

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 13:38 - Apr 7 with 4828 viewsParky

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 13:08 - Apr 7 by Muncher

Thanks, I was always fairly confident this would happen, because you just don't do these searches for any other reason. If you know what you are looking for it is a bit of a giveaway.

Great work mate, thanks for your insight and determination!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024