Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? 21:15 - Feb 17 with 3360 viewsstiff_talking

What ITFC goal means more to you than everyone else ?

The never talked about moment you are sitting on in your brain !

Mine is Marcus Stewart wonderful finish against Chelsea. Top finish by a top player. It’s a goal that never gets talked about but it was amazing

Also, Dalian Atkinson Middlesbrough goals. Wow what a great day that was! He was such an exciting player.
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 22:53 - Feb 17 with 1388 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I’ve got another. Reuser’s free kick against Bradford, that took us past 40 points.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 23:05 - Feb 17 with 1367 viewsMookamoo

Jason Dozzell at Anfield in the FA Cup 5th round replay. For one brief moment we were going to beat them.

Group of us stayed in Leicester for a few days at a friend's uni digs before travelling up. Fond memories.

I will always remember the absolute mayhem in our section when we scored. I ended up at least 5 rows down from where I thought I was.
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 23:17 - Feb 17 with 1357 viewsgainsboroughblue

Re Dalian back heel. That was against Birmingham on the last day of the season. 87/88. The Shrewsbury game was when he scored a free-kick, had it ruled out, then also put the re-take in the net.

My own personal choice on topic.

Probably Thompson at Southend 92.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 23:19 - Feb 17 with 1354 viewsChurchman

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 23:05 - Feb 17 by Mookamoo

Jason Dozzell at Anfield in the FA Cup 5th round replay. For one brief moment we were going to beat them.

Group of us stayed in Leicester for a few days at a friend's uni digs before travelling up. Fond memories.

I will always remember the absolute mayhem in our section when we scored. I ended up at least 5 rows down from where I thought I was.

I did think about Gavin Johnson’s equaliser. Like you I went down a load of rows for both goals. My dad and I went on one of the Galloway buses. Got home at some ridiculous hour in the morning and had to be in Wandsworth SW London for 9am the following day. It was a long day.
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 23:57 - Feb 17 with 1334 viewsSuperCoops

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 23:19 - Feb 17 by Churchman

I did think about Gavin Johnson’s equaliser. Like you I went down a load of rows for both goals. My dad and I went on one of the Galloway buses. Got home at some ridiculous hour in the morning and had to be in Wandsworth SW London for 9am the following day. It was a long day.

I was about to say Gav's goal at Anfield. I was sat 5 rows back right behind the goal, amazing header and remember the away end going mental. We left Anfield, despite losing, with plaudits from the Liverpool fans.
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 08:11 - Feb 18 with 1274 viewsChurchman

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 23:57 - Feb 17 by SuperCoops

I was about to say Gav's goal at Anfield. I was sat 5 rows back right behind the goal, amazing header and remember the away end going mental. We left Anfield, despite losing, with plaudits from the Liverpool fans.

It was one of those where as he ran in on the cross you knew exactly what was going to happen. We’d got better and better second half and fully deserved it too. Yes, the away end went totally bananas.

Good little player, Gavin Johnson. It was a real shame his career was blighted by glass knees.
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 08:19 - Feb 18 with 1272 viewstextbackup

Titus vs sunderland

Any where johno was running 1 on 1

and of course - Armstrong header vs Inter

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 08:24 - Feb 18 with 1269 viewsMoggasknockdown

Either Magilton's third vs Bolton, Stewarts goal at Wembley, or Danny Haynes away at Nodge- absolute scenes in the away end that day.

Blog: I Take Your Point

Login to get fewer ads

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 08:31 - Feb 18 with 1268 viewsBluespeed225

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:21 - Feb 17 by Swansea_Blue

Mine's a bit odd. It was up at Bury. I'd gone up on my own, met some really nice people in the stands and then we got the 'Burley's Barmy Army' chant going for what seemed like ages. It got louder and louder and then we swept up the other end to score. I don't even remember who scored, but the players went nuts and we went nuts. That feeling of the connection with the players and the sheer ecstasy of celebrating the goal together is what football is all about imo.

I’ve always said that ‘Georgie Burleys blue n white army’ chant gave us rhythm when the team needed it. 15 minutes, constant, whole ground could join in, have a break, join back in without breaking stride. Great stuff.
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 08:52 - Feb 18 with 1253 viewsthecheek

Naylor at Wembley
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 08:57 - Feb 18 with 1250 viewsChrisd

Finidi George's goal against Sunderland in the EPL. A team decent move which ultimately concludes with George's sublime chip over Sorenson, he made it look ridiculously easy.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 08:58 - Feb 18 with 1248 viewsbelgablue

Other than the obvious ones, Chaplow’s against Watford (away) a few years ago. Injury time to win 1-0. I’d driven back from Brussels that morning for the game and meet up with a few school friends to go to the game. When it went in it was EUPHORIC...

....except for one of my mate’s who had had to leave early to pick his kid up from a party.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 08:58 - Feb 18 with 1248 viewsCoastalblue

Thompson V Sarfend, just such an amazing day and that capped it.

Herman's crowd surfing after he didn't actually score

Wickham's solo goal

and a jaw dropping moment I'll never forget was Baines' goal for Wigan against us.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 09:02 - Feb 18 with 1246 viewsChrisd

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 08:58 - Feb 18 by Coastalblue

Thompson V Sarfend, just such an amazing day and that capped it.

Herman's crowd surfing after he didn't actually score

Wickham's solo goal

and a jaw dropping moment I'll never forget was Baines' goal for Wigan against us.

That Baines strike was wonderful and so far out. If the net wasn't there to stop it, it would still be going at a rate of knots.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 09:12 - Feb 18 with 1237 viewsBlueBoots

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:26 - Feb 17 by itfc_bucks

Stewies first in the Bolton semi-final.

While the second was arguably the better goal, the first gave us belief, when it was all going wrong, that we could still find a way back.

This ^

2-0 down away in the Play-Off semi-final (after several years of failed attempts at that stage of the Play-Offs) and Johnno goes off injured; thought we were dead and buried, but Stewart pulls out that worldie out of nowhere...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 09:23 - Feb 18 with 1225 viewsVaughan8

I think any of the 2000 playoff goals are a given and mean a lot to everyone.

I would say the Kuqi goal vs Palace away in the special white kit. I was a lot more "enthusiasitc" and young in those days, must have been one of the first midwek away games i'd gone to. 2-0 down, 3-2 up let a stupid penalty in near the end. Then to go up and get the winner about 30 seconds from kick off. Great game.

Also the Chopra vs Coventry away in the 3-2 win. Bottom 2 teams, we desperately needed to win, it was absolutely freezing. I took my girlfriend at the time (now my wife) and she still speaks about how cold it was. That was one of the last games she went to. haha
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 9:23]
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 09:30 - Feb 18 with 1222 viewsHereford_Blue

Magilton’s hat trick goal in the home leg playoffs.

A woman near me screamed really loudly just as he was steadying himself to shoot - you can hear it if you watch the clip. Knew from them on that we’d make it to Wembley. Sat next to a guy - remember turning to him (I was 16) and saying to him ‘I’ve never been to Wembley’.

Ran into the same guy in the queue for the final tickets - had spare ticket stubs and got offered a bonkers amount for them. Gave them to the guy I’d sat next to in the last game instead which meant he could take his whole family - then bumped into him in Wembley after we’d won.

TWTD.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024