Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham 00:08 - Feb 12 with 1754 viewsCokeIsKey

And we lose to Shrewsbury (both results the most likely outcome), then we'll be 11th / 12th in the table and SEVEN points off 6th.

Surely that will be it for Lambert? Evans has said he'll keep him while we're close to the playoffs, so he'll have no excuses. If not then we'll know Lambert won't be sacked till the end of the season at least.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 00:10 - Feb 12 with 1737 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert will run with the 'games in hand' excuse for awhile yet.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 00:30 - Feb 12 with 1681 viewsBugs

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 00:10 - Feb 12 by BlueBadger

Give those games in hand to a competent manager and we still have an excellent chance of top 6. And maybe, just maybe top 2, given how poor this league is.
If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 00:30 - Feb 12 with 1678 viewsRocky

Haven't we been saying something similar for about 13 weeks?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 0:32]
If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 00:52 - Feb 12 with 1633 viewsPinewoodblue

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 00:30 - Feb 12 by Rocky

Haven't we been saying something similar for about 13 weeks?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 0:32]

More like 13 months

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 08:12 - Feb 12 with 1351 viewsIpswichKnight

He’ll be gone about 2 weeks before season ticket renewal day. No chance ME will have that serial fraud and loser front and central for renewals.... if he did we’d end up with 1k at most.
If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 08:23 - Feb 12 with 1279 viewsChrisd

What it has shown is it’s utterly pointless second guessing the situation. PL should’ve gone weeks/months ago. How giving him even more time to cock things up is going to make any difference I really don’t know? This situation is ridiculous, but we’re dealing with two characters in ME and PL that simply don’t care about the club. If they did, something would’ve happened by now.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 08:30 - Feb 12 with 1242 viewsHerbivore

I just can't see it unfortunately. There is so much evidence that he's not up to the job, any other club would have sacked him two or three times over by now. However, for whatever reason, Evans seemingly is blind to it. Lambert has been here more than a year longer than he deserves at least and aside from a decent 6 games at the start of the season we've been hopeless for a whole year beyond when many of us would have sacked him. He's been a dead man walking for so long now and yet Evans won't put him out of his misery. I genuinely think he'll either get the season or at least until we're mathematically unable to make the play offs. I hope I'm wrong though as we still have a chance to salvage this season but we need to act now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 08:50 - Feb 12 with 1168 viewsdavblue

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 00:30 - Feb 12 by Bugs

Give those games in hand to a competent manager and we still have an excellent chance of top 6. And maybe, just maybe top 2, given how poor this league is.

I really think people expecting up to steam rolla the league with a new manager are maybe being a little optimistic. We should hopefully see some improvement but the top 2 will be gone.
Login to get fewer ads

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 08:54 - Feb 12 with 1146 viewsHerbivore

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 08:50 - Feb 12 by davblue

I really think people expecting up to steam rolla the league with a new manager are maybe being a little optimistic. We should hopefully see some improvement but the top 2 will be gone.

I don't think top 2 is feasible now, too much work to do and a few sides up there in good nick. Top 6 should be achievable though and with the momentum to have a chance of winning them. We need to act soon though.

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 09:11 - Feb 12 with 1083 viewsKropotkin123

We have won 9/10 games against teams currently positioned 15th-24th. Shrewsbury are 17th. So it isn't statistically likely that we will lose.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 09:24 - Feb 12 with 1046 viewsHerbivore

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 09:11 - Feb 12 by Kropotkin123

We have won 9/10 games against teams currently positioned 15th-24th. Shrewsbury are 17th. So it isn't statistically likely that we will lose.

They're 5th in the current form table though, which I imagine is why the bookies have them as slight favourites. They should have beaten us at PR.

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 09:25 - Feb 12 with 1041 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 09:11 - Feb 12 by Kropotkin123

Shrewsbury are in good form, despite their manager being in hospital with Covid.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 09:25 - Feb 12 with 1031 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 00:10 - Feb 12 by BlueBadger

If you apply PPG rather than 3 points to each of those games, they dont look so good.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 09:29 - Feb 12 with 1014 viewsKropotkin123

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 09:25 - Feb 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Shrewsbury are in good form, despite their manager being in hospital with Covid.

I was fully ready to rip into this, but they have only lost 2 of their last 13 games. More nervous now, ha ha.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 09:36 - Feb 12 with 979 viewsdavblue

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 08:54 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

I don't think top 2 is feasible now, too much work to do and a few sides up there in good nick. Top 6 should be achievable though and with the momentum to have a chance of winning them. We need to act soon though.

yep, very soon, each day is a day wasted.
If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 09:44 - Feb 12 with 953 viewsitfcjoe

The mad thing is, the top 5 are pulling away and it is becoming 4 or 5 clubs battling for just 6th place.

It's staying in contention in the loosest sense

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 09:57 - Feb 12 with 917 viewsHalf_Idiot

If Charlton win on Saturday vs Gillingham on 09:44 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

The mad thing is, the top 5 are pulling away and it is becoming 4 or 5 clubs battling for just 6th place.

It's staying in contention in the loosest sense

If Oxford carry on their form they'll be claiming that final play off spot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024