Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now 14:05 - Feb 1 with 1706 viewsBluefish

New signings used to be exciting but none of the most recent 3 have bothered me at all. If makes no odds who we sign with this fraud in charge of tactics

Match days are miserable too, I am becoming immune to it all. I used to go mental at scoring, conceding, red cards the whole lot but now I sit there cold

It is starting to not feel like my club anymore, if I still lived in Suffolk I would give up now and become a Mildenhall Town supporter

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 14:06 - Feb 1 with 1678 viewsITFCBlues

I think it's just more depressing in that it reaffirms that Lambert is going no where

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 14:21 - Feb 1 with 1619 viewspeterleeblue

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 14:06 - Feb 1 by ITFCBlues

I think it's just more depressing in that it reaffirms that Lambert is going no where

I think you are right.
The signings will ultimately make little difference other than fodder to bolster the squad for the busy 2nd half of the season and ensure we pick up some results but ultimately continue to be inconsistent and underwhelm.
There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 14:51 - Feb 1 with 1554 viewschicoazul

The club you me and everyone else here grew up with is dead. In its place is a zombie propped up by an uninterested owner. Everything that made one proud to support Ipswich town is gone with the possible exception of Klug and his efforts.
It’s all over blud.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 15:07 - Feb 1 with 1511 viewsSamWhiteUK

Why don't you give up and support your local team now then?
There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 15:28 - Feb 1 with 1474 viewsBluefish

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 15:07 - Feb 1 by SamWhiteUK

Why don't you give up and support your local team now then?

I moved to Derby 8 years ago. I don't have a local Saturday team. I am trying to create one in my local area but it will be years before we get it off the ground. There needs to be a connection

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 15:29 - Feb 1 with 1468 viewstextbackup

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 15:28 - Feb 1 by Bluefish

I moved to Derby 8 years ago. I don't have a local Saturday team. I am trying to create one in my local area but it will be years before we get it off the ground. There needs to be a connection

ive never asked, what took you there, work?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 15:35 - Feb 1 with 1450 viewsBluefish

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 15:29 - Feb 1 by textbackup

ive never asked, what took you there, work?

Yeah Mrs and I worked for the same company (huge global USA firm) they decided to close down the office in Newmarket out of the blue and merge to the east Midlands ones. Not many jobs around and the missus was about 4 months pregnant at the time. We were effectively forced to move. 4 years later I left and then 6 months ago they also shut the office here, missus now works from home and hates it.

We had no desire to leave Suffolk (even though the missus is actually from coventry) but we had no choice. Settled here now though because the kids grew up here

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 15:38 - Feb 1 with 1441 viewsrfretwell

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 15:28 - Feb 1 by Bluefish

There must be loads of decent non league clubs near Derby
Login to get fewer ads

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 15:48 - Feb 1 with 1412 viewstextbackup

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 15:35 - Feb 1 by Bluefish

Yeah Mrs and I worked for the same company (huge global USA firm) they decided to close down the office in Newmarket out of the blue and merge to the east Midlands ones. Not many jobs around and the missus was about 4 months pregnant at the time. We were effectively forced to move. 4 years later I left and then 6 months ago they also shut the office here, missus now works from home and hates it.

We had no desire to leave Suffolk (even though the missus is actually from coventry) but we had no choice. Settled here now though because the kids grew up here

global usa firm..... you worked in the Disney shop, didn't you.....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 15:53 - Feb 1 with 1387 viewsTheSelkirk

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 14:51 - Feb 1 by chicoazul

The club you me and everyone else here grew up with is dead. In its place is a zombie propped up by an uninterested owner. Everything that made one proud to support Ipswich town is gone with the possible exception of Klug and his efforts.
It’s all over blud.

The club is not dead, it is merely resting....
You're the hero of the board now though...... on 15:56 - Feb 1 with 1377 viewsunstableblue

... vying with Phil as our virtual leader

Giving us the Lambert Out banner behind which we must all rally

No longer an extremist, now the voice of the masses

Celebrate the joy of your lofty position

All hale (or is it hail) BlueFish - the truth bringer

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 16:00 - Feb 1 with 1368 viewswkj

How can we support a club that doesn't support itself - That is pretty much where I stand.

"Follow the town up or down" as some will recant from the song - well, the Town in that song is not the town we have now - the town we have now is being bled dry of passion from Marcus Evans' series of piss poor decisions.

When ITFC becomes a positive part of the community once more and Evans takes this club seriously - I will be back with bells on - until then though, I will continue to read the obituary play out and hope for the best, but I won't be spending a penny on the club until the club starts reversing the shi*tshow with Phil and the fanbase.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 16:01 - Feb 1 with 1365 viewsBluefish

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 15:48 - Feb 1 by textbackup

global usa firm..... you worked in the Disney shop, didn't you.....

I wish. I bloody love Disney

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 16:04 - Feb 1 with 1347 viewsBluefish

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 15:38 - Feb 1 by rfretwell

There must be loads of decent non league clubs near Derby

None local enough. I'd want one that I can gonat have a few beers at, Ilkeston town is a min drive. A few like Mickleover or Borrowash but no connection and if anything the opposite due to years of kids football. I'm obviously very connected within out local club but we only have a Sunday morning adults team, I run the company that manages the pitches and the I am opening a bar so I want to create a Saturday 3pm team

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 16:05 - Feb 1 with 1342 viewsPlums

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 16:04 - Feb 1 by Bluefish

None local enough. I'd want one that I can gonat have a few beers at, Ilkeston town is a min drive. A few like Mickleover or Borrowash but no connection and if anything the opposite due to years of kids football. I'm obviously very connected within out local club but we only have a Sunday morning adults team, I run the company that manages the pitches and the I am opening a bar so I want to create a Saturday 3pm team

I go to Ilkeston for a non-league fix. Nice little ground, noisy fans and the same initials!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 16:06 - Feb 1 with 1337 viewsBluefish

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 16:05 - Feb 1 by Plums

I go to Ilkeston for a non-league fix. Nice little ground, noisy fans and the same initials!

They would be the obvious ones but just don't really view them as local.

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 16:08 - Feb 1 with 1324 viewsStewart27

Yep

It saddens me that I’m just numb. A wry smile if we score and numbness if we concede/lose as I’m just used to us not doing anything out of the ordinary during death by 1000 paper cuts.

It’s not about glory. We’ve only been in the PL a very small % of my supporting days but we’re just not competitive. My fondest memories were under GB watching town being competitive in the championship, playing a decent brand of football with some really likeable players.
You're the hero of the board now though...... on 16:28 - Feb 1 with 1280 viewsKropotkin123

You're the hero of the board now though...... on 15:56 - Feb 1 by unstableblue

... vying with Phil as our virtual leader

Giving us the Lambert Out banner behind which we must all rally

No longer an extremist, now the voice of the masses

Celebrate the joy of your lofty position

All hale (or is it hail) BlueFish - the truth bringer

hayel?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 18:13 - Feb 1 with 1190 viewsArnieM

The thing is Bluefish , none of Town’s signings are OURS to keep are they. It’s always, always, always just treading water. Shift some out, get a few in.... it’s Groundhog Day every bloody season now.

There seems nothing happening at this Club that achieves a cumulative positive effect anymore.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

There really is no pleasure in supporting itfc now on 18:17 - Feb 1 with 1174 viewscasanovacrow

Loans suck in our position, especially just seemingly random punts of people not good enough to hold a place elsewhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024