Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. 15:19 - Jan 31 with 8144 viewsGunnsAirkick

Do the people of Ipswich genuinely like this guy? He seems like a really nasty piece of work who is more interested in stirring up this culture war nonsense.

https://tinyurl.com/y5kgylcp

I don't know Alasdair, but he comes across as a decent guy on Twitter and seems pretty centre-left to me (not anything like he's being portrayed by Hunt).

I've seen other veterans calling out the conditions in these centres being appalling getting abuse on Twitter. It doesn't mean they approve of the fires that were set, just stating that they're living in awful conditions. Desperate people do desperate things and dehumanising them isn't going to help the situation. Thank you for your service, but not if you're left-wing and don't agree with Conservative Party policy I guess?
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 15:25]
Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:26 - Jan 31 with 1146 viewsblaggers

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:19 - Jan 31 by Funge

I think you made me aware of Gummer setting up his 'Beer with Ben' thing, which, regardless of political affiliation, is what you would hope for from a local MP - getting out in the community, making yourself seen, being visible.

Obviously not all that many beers available at present, but has man Hunt done anything similar?

I had little time for Gummer's politics, but was impressed by his willingness to engage in debate with me one evening in The Dove. I also thought he was actually a good MP for Ipswich. Conversely Sandy Martin's politics were more appealing, but he wasn't a particularly effective MP for Ipswich. Hunt is dreadful though. If Labour select David Ellesmere as their candidate for the next election, then Hunt is a shoe in for another term.

Poll: What happens next?

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:28 - Jan 31 with 1130 viewsBABLUE

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:25 - Jan 31 by Herbivore

Quite so. Interestingly, Paz is on record in this thread saying he is in favour of an anti-woke agenda, which means he approves being against people who are conscious of and oppose racism and social injustice.

Imagine being the kind of person who gleefully gloats about being anti-anti-racism and anti-anti-social injustice. I mean, you can basically cancel out the double negatives there and call it what it is: it's supporting racism and social injustice.

RHM Paz if you like
Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:30 - Jan 31 with 1127 viewsSpruceMoose

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:25 - Jan 31 by Herbivore

Quite so. Interestingly, Paz is on record in this thread saying he is in favour of an anti-woke agenda, which means he approves being against people who are conscious of and oppose racism and social injustice.

Imagine being the kind of person who gleefully gloats about being anti-anti-racism and anti-anti-social injustice. I mean, you can basically cancel out the double negatives there and call it what it is: it's supporting racism and social injustice.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the problem here isn't my somewhat fruity language. After all, if you can't call a homophobic racist a dickhead, who can you call a dickhead?

Rather, the problem here is Paz's constant malodourous presence among us, and that's really the thing that needs to be rectified at some point.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:33 - Jan 31 with 1106 viewsdickie

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:28 - Jan 31 by BABLUE

RHM Paz if you like

Red Hair Mondays?
Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:44 - Jan 31 with 1074 views26_Paz

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:30 - Jan 31 by SpruceMoose

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the problem here isn't my somewhat fruity language. After all, if you can't call a homophobic racist a dickhead, who can you call a dickhead?

Rather, the problem here is Paz's constant malodourous presence among us, and that's really the thing that needs to be rectified at some point.

It is beyond belief that you feel this kind of slanderous language is acceptable. I won’t be commenting further on this thread as it will only illicit more vile accusations and abuse.

The Paz Man

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:45 - Jan 31 with 1076 viewsmrshallisfit

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:56 - Jan 31 by 26_Paz

Pushing the northern bypass and greater transport links. Pushing for strengthening of law and order

What does that actually add up to though? He seems far more obsessed with writing anti-woke articles in the local press than actually doing the important bread and butter jobs as a local MP. I'm pretty sure both Gummer and Martin were far more active then he seems to be.
Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:46 - Jan 31 with 1071 viewsSpruceMoose

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:44 - Jan 31 by 26_Paz

It is beyond belief that you feel this kind of slanderous language is acceptable. I won’t be commenting further on this thread as it will only illicit more vile accusations and abuse.

You could just not comment again, full stop. Never mind just this thread. That would make nearly every single poster on this thread quite happy.

Oh, and it's not slanderous if it's true.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:48 - Jan 31 with 1063 viewsSomethingBlue

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:45 - Jan 31 by mrshallisfit

What does that actually add up to though? He seems far more obsessed with writing anti-woke articles in the local press than actually doing the important bread and butter jobs as a local MP. I'm pretty sure both Gummer and Martin were far more active then he seems to be.

They were. Gets to the point where it doesn't even have to be about party politics — unlike the Tory and Labour MPs you mention, Hunt sees serving his constituents as a secondary consideration at best. They should be absolutely furious.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:52 - Jan 31 with 1044 viewsfooters

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:44 - Jan 31 by 26_Paz

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. by footers 31 Jan 2021 15:51
This is the bit where you say something controversial about something you know nothing about to get a reaction, have your pants pulled down and accuse people of bullying you.

There, I've saved everyone 10 pages.

You're just an attention-seeker, and not a very bright one.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:53 - Jan 31 with 1037 viewsFunge

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:48 - Jan 31 by SomethingBlue

They were. Gets to the point where it doesn't even have to be about party politics — unlike the Tory and Labour MPs you mention, Hunt sees serving his constituents as a secondary consideration at best. They should be absolutely furious.

FWIW, Ipswich is 'swing' enough, and Hunt so pitifully, painfully, transparent, that I think any half-decent Labour candidate would stand a good chance of getting in next time round.

I'm not even sure if the Tories thought that Hunt would get in last time; that said, I don't think that Labour thought that Martin would get in, in 2017.

My concern would be that, as Blaggers mentions above, Labour put forward someone like Ellesmere, who will polarise opinion in the town.
Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:56 - Jan 31 with 1024 viewsSomethingBlue

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:53 - Jan 31 by Funge

FWIW, Ipswich is 'swing' enough, and Hunt so pitifully, painfully, transparent, that I think any half-decent Labour candidate would stand a good chance of getting in next time round.

I'm not even sure if the Tories thought that Hunt would get in last time; that said, I don't think that Labour thought that Martin would get in, in 2017.

My concern would be that, as Blaggers mentions above, Labour put forward someone like Ellesmere, who will polarise opinion in the town.

Agree — a strong Labour candidate should see him flushed out of Ipswich for good. But it *has* to be the right person.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:58 - Jan 31 with 1025 viewsSpruceMoose

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:52 - Jan 31 by footers

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. by footers 31 Jan 2021 15:51
This is the bit where you say something controversial about something you know nothing about to get a reaction, have your pants pulled down and accuse people of bullying you.

There, I've saved everyone 10 pages.

You're just an attention-seeker, and not a very bright one.

He's not going to respond on this thread again... Other than to limply mash the downvote button on every single post.

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 19:15 - Jan 31 with 990 viewsHerbivore

So predictable. Pathetic, predictable troll.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 19:24 - Jan 31 with 975 viewstractordownsouth

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:22 - Jan 31 by SpruceMoose

I've often thought that your average right wing law and order advocate is one speeding ticket away from going full Assault on Precinct 13.

They love a bit of stiff law and order - when it's aimed at the people they hate and not at them.

No party that is genuinely serious about law and order would have Priti Patel anywhere near the home office.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 19:34 - Jan 31 with 957 viewsjaykay

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:49 - Jan 31 by 26_Paz

I think Tom Hunt is a fantastic MP who is doing a great job.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 20:12 - Jan 31 with 927 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 20:59 - Jan 31 with 886 viewsPendejo

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:15 - Jan 31 by Funge

In vaguely related news - didn't Mr Ross use to edit Dribble?

That was always a pretty decent fanzine.

Yes he did, yes it was... Especially as they printed lots of my stuff.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 23:01 - Jan 31 with 815 viewstractordownsouth

I see you ignored my previous post - I assume you're cool with Hunt's "cultural marxism" dog whistling? You clearly haven't left the thread alone either because you had the time to downvote my suggestion that Priti Patel, whose rhetoric inspired attacks on a law firm, might not be the most appropriate choice to run the Home Office.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 23:12 - Jan 31 with 803 viewsTonytown

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 23:01 - Jan 31 by tractordownsouth

I see you ignored my previous post - I assume you're cool with Hunt's "cultural marxism" dog whistling? You clearly haven't left the thread alone either because you had the time to downvote my suggestion that Priti Patel, whose rhetoric inspired attacks on a law firm, might not be the most appropriate choice to run the Home Office.

He can’t answer questions as that involves either research or admitting that he is in the wrong.

Much easier to downvote, the actions of a coward
Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 23:51 - Jan 31 with 778 viewsSpruceMoose

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 23:12 - Jan 31 by Tonytown

He can’t answer questions as that involves either research or admitting that he is in the wrong.

Much easier to downvote, the actions of a coward

You should post more!

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 02:11 - Feb 1 with 738 viewsmonytowbray

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 17:14 - Jan 31 by pointofblue

I'm not sure if this has been posted but I think the following quote from a BBC article speaks volumes.

"These sites have accommodated soldiers and Army personnel in the past and it is wrong to say they are not good enough for asylum seekers who have chosen to leave a safe country, mostly France, to come and claim asylum in the UK."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-55877989

In other words "You think you have it good here? You're better off in France."

(I won't discuss the photographer's arrest as I do not want to get Phil or Gav in trouble over an ongoing legal matter)

ETA - Unfortunately I think Tom Hunt has a good grasp of what a lot of the constituents are thinking.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 17:14]

Were they good enough for the army before they were converted into concentration camps? Yes I guess, never heard anyone in the army complain although I expect given the choice they’d rather sleep elsewhere.

Are they good enough to imprison innocent people fleeing wars by risking their lives against their own will? Dunno, depends how much you want to paint yourself to look like a fascist I guess.

🤷‍♂️

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 02:19 - Feb 1 with 735 viewsmonytowbray

Swervey McSwerverson demanding people put a penny in the swear jar to change the subject every time he is confronted with addressing his own reality.

You’d be better off at least pretending you aren’t racist if you want to successfully gaslight anyone here.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 06:47 - Feb 1 with 697 viewsnoggin

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 17:29 - Jan 31 by BABLUE

But Boris has and you like him. He is a racist, homophobic, misogynist.

Trump is the same and you like him too.

I think Tom Hunts comments are racist in that article as did the author of the second article posted.

As someone pointed out earlier people who like racists and I would add homophobes and misogynists are that too.

I dont like those type of people and therefore I’m none of the above

You on the other hand......

Nah, it's all just bantz.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 08:00 - Feb 1 with 656 viewsHerbivore

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 06:47 - Feb 1 by noggin

Nah, it's all just bantz.

It's all about context. It's absolutely fine to demean people if (a) you wear a blue rosette, and (b) the person you demean isn't Paz or someone he cares about (essentially a few of his family and other right wing white people). If those two conditions are met then it's fine to use offensive language and treat people awfully, but if either condition is not met then the Context Clause cannot be invoked and you are a very unpleasant individual apparently.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 8:09]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 09:19 - Feb 1 with 599 viewsartsbossbeard

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 08:00 - Feb 1 by Herbivore

It's all about context. It's absolutely fine to demean people if (a) you wear a blue rosette, and (b) the person you demean isn't Paz or someone he cares about (essentially a few of his family and other right wing white people). If those two conditions are met then it's fine to use offensive language and treat people awfully, but if either condition is not met then the Context Clause cannot be invoked and you are a very unpleasant individual apparently.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 8:09]

I check in with Darren Grimes on twitter just to see what his moral outrage of the day is and to confirm that I don't agree with him as a sanity check.

Loving that he's all for defunding the bbc, boycotting The Co-Op, Yorkshire Tea plus Ben & Jerrys' as they're going "broke for woke" but it's the left who have the cancel culture...?

The stupid, can't fill form out correctly, Trump support tweet deleting grifter.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024