Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. 15:19 - Jan 31 with 8147 viewsGunnsAirkick

Do the people of Ipswich genuinely like this guy? He seems like a really nasty piece of work who is more interested in stirring up this culture war nonsense.

https://tinyurl.com/y5kgylcp

I don't know Alasdair, but he comes across as a decent guy on Twitter and seems pretty centre-left to me (not anything like he's being portrayed by Hunt).

I've seen other veterans calling out the conditions in these centres being appalling getting abuse on Twitter. It doesn't mean they approve of the fires that were set, just stating that they're living in awful conditions. Desperate people do desperate things and dehumanising them isn't going to help the situation. Thank you for your service, but not if you're left-wing and don't agree with Conservative Party policy I guess?
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 15:25]
Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 09:43 - Feb 1 with 1245 viewstractordownsouth

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 09:19 - Feb 1 by artsbossbeard

I check in with Darren Grimes on twitter just to see what his moral outrage of the day is and to confirm that I don't agree with him as a sanity check.

Loving that he's all for defunding the bbc, boycotting The Co-Op, Yorkshire Tea plus Ben & Jerrys' as they're going "broke for woke" but it's the left who have the cancel culture...?

The stupid, can't fill form out correctly, Trump support tweet deleting grifter.

Laurence Fox is another classic. He leads the moral crusade against "woke snowflakes" yet gets outraged at thing such as a Sikh character in 1917 and Kamala Harris having pronouns in her Twitter bio.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 09:46 - Feb 1 with 1228 viewsm14_blue

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 09:19 - Feb 1 by artsbossbeard

I check in with Darren Grimes on twitter just to see what his moral outrage of the day is and to confirm that I don't agree with him as a sanity check.

Loving that he's all for defunding the bbc, boycotting The Co-Op, Yorkshire Tea plus Ben & Jerrys' as they're going "broke for woke" but it's the left who have the cancel culture...?

The stupid, can't fill form out correctly, Trump support tweet deleting grifter.

He really is an awful excuse for a human being.

No redeeming features at all.
Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 09:49 - Feb 1 with 1221 viewsfooters

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 09:43 - Feb 1 by tractordownsouth

Laurence Fox is another classic. He leads the moral crusade against "woke snowflakes" yet gets outraged at thing such as a Sikh character in 1917 and Kamala Harris having pronouns in her Twitter bio.

Ah, setting up a party that's all about British culture and history while not understanding a great deal about British culture and history.

Sounds familiar.

balls .

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 09:59 - Feb 1 with 1196 viewsHerbivore

Grimes is an absolute stain and really not very bright. That he is given a platform at times by credible broadcasters is really damning of how messed up the country has become. Same goes for Tom Harwood, another dim-witted smear masquerading as a 'journalist'.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 10:05 - Feb 1 with 1171 viewstractordownsouth

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 09:59 - Feb 1 by Herbivore

Grimes is an absolute stain and really not very bright. That he is given a platform at times by credible broadcasters is really damning of how messed up the country has become. Same goes for Tom Harwood, another dim-witted smear masquerading as a 'journalist'.

My favourite Grimes tweet was on the 10 year anniversary of the Gordon Brown bigotgate - he claimed it marked the end of "Oxbridge elitist rule" (or words to that effect.) He quickly deleted the tweet when it was pointed out to him that Brown didn't go to Oxford and all 3 Tory PMs since did.

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 10:06 - Feb 1 with 1164 viewsSomethingBlue

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 09:59 - Feb 1 by Herbivore

Says quite a lot that Hunt associates with and amplifies them both. Can tell a lot about someone through the company they keep, although in Hunt's case it merely rubber-stamps what we already know — that he is nasty and highly dangerous.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 10:06 - Feb 1 with 1163 viewsHerbivore

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 10:05 - Feb 1 by tractordownsouth

My favourite Grimes tweet was on the 10 year anniversary of the Gordon Brown bigotgate - he claimed it marked the end of "Oxbridge elitist rule" (or words to that effect.) He quickly deleted the tweet when it was pointed out to him that Brown didn't go to Oxford and all 3 Tory PMs since did.

The right have never been known for being particularly intellectual, and Grimes proudly continues that tradition.

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 10:11 - Feb 1 with 1150 viewstractordownsouth

Found this article from his Lib Dem days too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-32973345

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 10:17 - Feb 1 with 1142 viewsHerbivore

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 10:11 - Feb 1 by tractordownsouth

Found this article from his Lib Dem days too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-32973345

Hang on, if I'm reading that right then in June 2015 he was pro-remain? He's the very definition of a useful idiot, he's not bright but desperately wants attention and wants to be seen as 'political' but doesn't seem to have the brainpower for it. Very easy to manipulate someone like that.

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 10:19 - Feb 1 with 1134 viewsfooters

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 10:17 - Feb 1 by Herbivore

Hang on, if I'm reading that right then in June 2015 he was pro-remain? He's the very definition of a useful idiot, he's not bright but desperately wants attention and wants to be seen as 'political' but doesn't seem to have the brainpower for it. Very easy to manipulate someone like that.

That's one of the issues with him and some others I could mention: I don't think they really believe any of this stuff, it's just a way to self-promote in the most damaging way to the country as a whole. A whole new level of vacuity has been reached.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 10:25 - Feb 1 with 1112 viewsm14_blue

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 10:19 - Feb 1 by footers

That's one of the issues with him and some others I could mention: I don't think they really believe any of this stuff, it's just a way to self-promote in the most damaging way to the country as a whole. A whole new level of vacuity has been reached.

Spot on.

These people are thick as mince, utterly lacking in any scruples and embarrassingly desperate for any sort of attention.

There always has been, and always will be, losers like this around, the problem in 21st century Britain is that we actually treat them like they have some kind of relevance.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 10:26]
Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 11:50 - Feb 1 with 1073 viewsmonytowbray

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 10:06 - Feb 1 by SomethingBlue

Says quite a lot that Hunt associates with and amplifies them both. Can tell a lot about someone through the company they keep, although in Hunt's case it merely rubber-stamps what we already know — that he is nasty and highly dangerous.

Wasn’t Hunt on a week-long Twitter rant about Grimes and his right to be a bigot at some point last year?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 11:58 - Feb 1 with 1053 viewsleitrimblue

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 09:43 - Feb 1 by tractordownsouth

I'm not proud to admit it. But as a teenage boy in the 1980,s I had more then a passing interest in his mum's oversized breasts
Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 12:00 - Feb 1 with 1048 viewsHerbivore

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 10:19 - Feb 1 by footers

I mean, surely we should legalise kerb stomping for these kinds of people? It's for the greater good.

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 12:02 - Feb 1 with 1036 viewsHerbivore

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 11:58 - Feb 1 by leitrimblue

I'm not proud to admit it. But as a teenage boy in the 1980,s I had more then a passing interest in his mum's oversized breasts

Laurence strikes me as the type that was still feeding on them until his mid 20s.

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 13:27 - Feb 1 with 974 viewsLord_Lucan

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 18:19 - Jan 31 by Funge

I think you made me aware of Gummer setting up his 'Beer with Ben' thing, which, regardless of political affiliation, is what you would hope for from a local MP - getting out in the community, making yourself seen, being visible.

Obviously not all that many beers available at present, but has man Hunt done anything similar?

I don't know, doubt it.

FWIW I have lived in Ipswich all my adult life and he is the only MP I have ever seen with my own eyes actually knocking on peoples doors. I have been in The Brickies when he was doing the beer with Ben thing (possibly twice) and I bumped into him at the bar in The Arcade once when he was supporting Street Food Friday.

He was very supportive of a problem I had once but ultimately it was Vince Cables remit so he got him involved who turned out to be useless

He also has been very supportive of a couple of fundraising events that my daughter put on which included cycling around her care homes car park about 100 times.

I know he was also very helpful with a friend who was heading up an alcohol abuse centre

Can't say I have noticed any Ipswich MP before or since be so good with regards to feet on the ground help - apart from Ken Weetch obviously.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 14:09 - Feb 1 with 917 viewstractordownsouth

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 10:17 - Feb 1 by Herbivore

Yeah, but it's easier to grift by saying things like this

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 14:10 - Feb 1 with 903 viewstractordownsouth

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 11:50 - Feb 1 by monytowbray

Wasn’t Hunt on a week-long Twitter rant about Grimes and his right to be a bigot at some point last year?

He appeared on his youtube channel

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024