Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things I noticed against Swindon 13:57 - Jan 11 with 2478 viewsbadadski

Cornell is apparently in because he’s better with his feet but numerous times I have noticed how weak his kick is. Numerous times he kicked and Barely made it Over the half way line and gave the Swindon a quick chance of a break when intercepted.

We are trying to play wingers but was amazed how many times our full backs or midfielders were not trying to overlap past the defender to get a chance for a byline cross ? So static that it was unreal so Jackson or dobra were having to pass back about 15 yards.

Dozell had a poor game - giving the ball away but I’m amazed on the occasions where he had space to drive into and even have a crack from 25 yards out but decided to try and pass ? Why are we not taking many long a shots ?

Our centre backs are driving forwards which is great to see but still seem hesitant as it doesn’t seem like the midfielders know who should be covering when they do and also aren’t ready for a give and go to allow us to play through the middle of the park where big gaps were opening.

Finally Norwood looked great and I hate to say it but we look far more dangerous lumping it up to Norwood to flick on than we do playing it on the ground as we don’t have a clue what to do to score when we do. We don’t take many long shots bar judge who I thought played really well, we don’t do over laps to get to the byline to cross. When we cross we rarely have anyone in the box as our strikers are usually the ones crossing and we don’t get penalties.

My little ranty observation over - we are missing Bishop, Edwards and Vincent- young loads and I believe are the only reason I think lambert still has his job.

[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 13:58]
Things I noticed against Swindon on 14:00 - Jan 11 with 2432 viewsJ2BLUE

I can't stand keep swapping the keeper. No idea why our recent managers don't just stick our better keeper in and keep him there.

Holy is good enough for a top end challenging team in this division and has been decent IMO.

Cornell hasn't had time to prove himself but from what i've seen i'm not optimistic. Every time I see team news i'm instantly more confident if I see Holy in goal.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Things I noticed against Swindon on 14:01 - Jan 11 with 2419 viewsKeno

I think that can be summed up in one word ... Lamberk

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Things I noticed against Swindon on 14:02 - Jan 11 with 2415 viewsBlueBadger

It's almost as our manager is an incompetent fraud who doesn't know what he's doing or saying.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Things I noticed against Swindon on 14:03 - Jan 11 with 2410 viewsOsborneOneNil

Funny one with Dozzell. I agree, he hit too many mis-placed passes (more late on), but, he also looked like our only player who could play a pass to unlock their defence. He oozed class, at times.

In my opinion, he would flourish in a side that knew what they were meant to be doing, had some structure......he would dictate.

Hugely disappointed with both full backs, Jackson, Huws and Drinnan.
Things I noticed against Swindon on 14:08 - Jan 11 with 2355 viewsbadadski

Things I noticed against Swindon on 14:03 - Jan 11 by OsborneOneNil

Funny one with Dozzell. I agree, he hit too many mis-placed passes (more late on), but, he also looked like our only player who could play a pass to unlock their defence. He oozed class, at times.

In my opinion, he would flourish in a side that knew what they were meant to be doing, had some structure......he would dictate.

Agree with the full backs hews and drinnan also. Drinnan is young so excusable, Hews was appalling. Dozell does look to have a pass in him but I am noticing more and more that he is trying to maybe live up to this mantle is fans are putting on him and trying too hard to play a quick ball or killer pass when not needed. This happened a lot against Swindon and was the main reason he looked bad. Downes seemed up for it and was driving forwards which was great and Norwood looked fitter to me. Judge also was getting into good positions.
Things I noticed against Swindon on 14:12 - Jan 11 with 2332 viewsWallingford_Boy

EXACTLY THIS!!

Dozzell is so careless, but then every 10 passes pulls out a worldy!

Full backs just look past it, Jackson cannot pass/cross/beat a man/do anything! Huws wouldn't get in my sunday league side.

McGuinness though, very good.

RIP Sir Bobby

That issue with Cornell's kicking.... on 14:15 - Jan 11 with 2322 viewsBloots

...has got to be something that he is being told to do.

I've noticed it during a number of matches now.

You can see that he is taking "power" off it so that it only carries to the "midfield" and doesn't reach the "attacker".

It's plainly another genius tactic from the coaching staff.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Things I noticed against Swindon on 14:18 - Jan 11 with 2292 viewsbadadski

Things I noticed against Swindon on 14:12 - Jan 11 by Wallingford_Boy

EXACTLY THIS!!

Full backs just look past it, Jackson cannot pass/cross/beat a man/do anything! Huws wouldn't get in my sunday league side.

Not 100% agreed on Jackson as believe apart from a couple, his crossing was decent. We are not playing to get him past his marker, making it harder for him to cross is more the problem. I also think we have scored a few from his crosses if memory serves me correctly.

I do like Wolfe and big Mac as centre backs though. It’s refreshing to see and a shame that we aren’t getting more out of 2 good ball playing defenders.
Login to get fewer ads

Things I noticed against Swindon on 15:11 - Jan 11 with 2213 viewsPortman_Pie

I think both Keepers are fairly poor to be honest. Holy can kick it well, but the number of shots on target to saves or goals isnt good at all. He seems to big to get down to react.

Cornell is just a mirror of Gerkin in every form. A bang average back up at best.

Both brought in by Lambert - so as to be expected really.

Be nice to have a look at Wright or Przybek in my opinion, a young hungry, keen to impress Keeper. Ideal for this division. Never happen though.....
Things I noticed against Swindon on 15:18 - Jan 11 with 2189 viewschrismakin

Om your first paragraph I laughed when in the 91st minute we had a free kick outside our box

Cornell lined it up. We filled their box.

He kicked it and it didnt even make the box!

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Things I noticed against Swindon on 15:32 - Jan 11 with 2152 viewsSuperCoops

Things I noticed against Swindon on 15:11 - Jan 11 by Portman_Pie

I think both Keepers are fairly poor to be honest. Holy can kick it well, but the number of shots on target to saves or goals isnt good at all. He seems to big to get down to react.

Cornell is just a mirror of Gerkin in every form. A bang average back up at best.

Be nice to have a look at Wright or Przybek in my opinion, a young hungry, keen to impress Keeper. Ideal for this division. Never happen though.....

Have to agree, I don't particularly rate Holy or Cornell. For the first time in a very long time we are very weak in that department (as others) and is probably systematic of the division we find ourselves in that we will lack appeal.

Saying that, I'm puzzled what Holy did wrong to be dropped recently and put this down to an inept manager.

I don't think Wright or Pryzbek are the answers either. I think we would have seen something from Wright by now at his age if he was going to come good, and realistically perhaps he's living off the memory of his Dad's progress and achievement. But Richard was already an establish number 1 for many seasons by the age Harry is now.
Things I noticed against Swindon on 15:51 - Jan 11 with 2112 viewsIllinoisblue

Things I noticed against Swindon on 14:12 - Jan 11 by Wallingford_Boy

EXACTLY THIS!!

Harsh on Dozzell. He was mostly poor v Swindon but still is the only player capable of unlocking the opposition defence. See his beauty of a pass to put Judge through in the first half.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Things I noticed against Swindon on 16:02 - Jan 11 with 2059 viewsWallingford_Boy

Things I noticed against Swindon on 15:51 - Jan 11 by Illinoisblue

Harsh on Dozzell. He was mostly poor v Swindon but still is the only player capable of unlocking the opposition defence. See his beauty of a pass to put Judge through in the first half.

Oh yeah I know, as I say he does pull out some amazing passes that no-one else in the team could even see! BUT he gives the ball away so often trying them when maybe a simpler, shorter ball would suffice. If only he was more mobile, he'd be some player.

He could get away with it in most areas of the pitch, but when he does it around the halfway line, in the middle of the park, he is asking for trouble (as he is often so isolated in there).

RIP Sir Bobby

Things I noticed against Swindon on 16:16 - Jan 11 with 2020 viewsartsbossbeard

I reckon Lambert's gone a bit "Pep" with Andre and created this "social distancing bubble position" for him just in front on the back four, with willing runners around him and where he doesn't get closed down quickly allowing him to pick a pass.

As we commented in our group chat during the game, I (getting on in years but with a decent left peg still) could play that position and do the same job.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Things I noticed against Swindon on 16:33 - Jan 11 with 1975 viewsmonty_radio

Those two younger keepers have had loans at a level that suggests they're not nearly ready to be our solution.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Things I noticed against Swindon on 16:54 - Jan 11 with 1923 viewsPortman_Pie

Things I noticed against Swindon on 16:33 - Jan 11 by monty_radio

Those two younger keepers have had loans at a level that suggests they're not nearly ready to be our solution.

Understand what you're saying - but if you look at some of the youngsters that have been blooded in the lower league and come out well - there are the likes of Johnstone WBA, Henderson - Man Utd, Danny Ward had an outstanding season on loan at Huddersfield when they went up (yes - appreciate he's only a back up keeper at Leicester now) but they were all young, and didn't have a lot of experience - were just thrown in.

Pryzbek I used to see out a lot in the warm ups when we were allowed in - even despite not being in the squad. Seemed enthusiastic to get on just the warm up - and the 1 appearance he did make kin the Johnston's cup - was, I thought very good.

I don't think Cornell or Holy are reliable number 1's for the calibre of 'Our club' (or at least what used to be associated with the calibre of our club.
Things I noticed against Swindon on 16:55 - Jan 11 with 1919 viewsSuperCoops

Things I noticed against Swindon on 16:54 - Jan 11 by Portman_Pie

Understand what you're saying - but if you look at some of the youngsters that have been blooded in the lower league and come out well - there are the likes of Johnstone WBA, Henderson - Man Utd, Danny Ward had an outstanding season on loan at Huddersfield when they went up (yes - appreciate he's only a back up keeper at Leicester now) but they were all young, and didn't have a lot of experience - were just thrown in.

Pryzbek I used to see out a lot in the warm ups when we were allowed in - even despite not being in the squad. Seemed enthusiastic to get on just the warm up - and the 1 appearance he did make kin the Johnston's cup - was, I thought very good.

I don't think Cornell or Holy are reliable number 1's for the calibre of 'Our club' (or at least what used to be associated with the calibre of our club.

I don't think any of those 4 keepers are good enough for the "calibre" of our club, to be honest.
Things I noticed against Swindon on 19:20 - Jan 11 with 1788 viewsronnyd

Things I noticed against Swindon on 16:55 - Jan 11 by SuperCoops

I don't think any of those 4 keepers are good enough for the "calibre" of our club, to be honest.

Wouldn't mind seeing Begovic back for another spell.
Things I noticed against Swindon on 20:11 - Jan 11 with 1711 viewsmonty_radio

Things I noticed against Swindon on 16:55 - Jan 11 by SuperCoops

I can see that because of the unique nature of the position teams will have a goalkeeper and will usually be requiring a back-up who might find it difficult to replace any number one who was comfortably holding his place and who doesn't then get injured. It's then difficult for a young loannee to force his way in.

Nevertheless, if, like Pryzbeck, you're at a National League (South) and you can't force the issue there, how are you going to press your case back home?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Things I noticed against Swindon on 21:16 - Jan 11 with 1645 viewsGeorge25

This is what confuses me is that we brought in an average keeper for his kicking when we have wright who has been praised for years about his kicking.
Things I noticed against Swindon on 21:26 - Jan 11 with 1627 viewsGeorge25

Things I noticed against Swindon on 16:54 - Jan 11 by Portman_Pie

It’s Hard to judge pryzbek and Wright from non league loan spells. Mangers at that level usually want a tall big experienced keeper, so is hard for younger keepers to maintain a regular number 1 spot. Remember Richard Wright said on a podcast before that a keeper needs to be judge of 10-15 games as usually you don’t peak till about the 5th game and then you either stay consistent throw out or start to tail off from 7 games onwards.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 21:27]
Things I noticed against Swindon on 23:08 - Jan 11 with 1513 viewsSuperCoops

Things I noticed against Swindon on 21:16 - Jan 11 by George25

This is what confuses me is that we brought in an average keeper for his kicking when we have wright who has been praised for years about his kicking.

Maybe because Wright hasn't got much else in his locker? He had a loan spell in Sweden and think only managed 1 game.

Just have my doubts whether him or Pryzbek will make the grade here or in professional football.
Things I noticed against Swindon on 05:57 - Jan 12 with 1366 viewsChondzoresk

Things I noticed....

1. We were utter s/h/i/t/e.

That’s it really.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024