Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Online grocery shopping 14:54 - Jan 8 with 3517 viewsLeaky

Due to self isolation we did our first online grocery shop today. I think in normal circumstances I could done my shopping in store, put it all away, gone to the pub for lunch , had 3 pints & still have been done quicker. However grateful for the service & do realise with practice we would be quicker.
Online grocery shopping on 08:24 - Jan 9 with 558 viewsbluelagos

Online grocery shopping on 23:23 - Jan 8 by hoppy

Do you still get them asking if you want to buy some more caviar etc?

Still cant believe I grabbed you alcohol free beers!

As an aside, anyone genuinely stuck (shielding and cant get a delivery) needing emergency shop in Ipswich area, more than happy to help out.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Online grocery shopping on 11:13 - Jan 9 with 516 viewshoppy

Online grocery shopping on 08:24 - Jan 9 by bluelagos

Still cant believe I grabbed you alcohol free beers!

As an aside, anyone genuinely stuck (shielding and cant get a delivery) needing emergency shop in Ipswich area, more than happy to help out.

Ha ha... easy mistake... they labelled them very similar to the original, so if it’s not your thing, difficult to spot the difference quickly!!

I can vouch for his delivery service for those in need. Thank you again for your help previously.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Online grocery shopping on 11:30 - Jan 9 with 513 viewsjeera

Online grocery shopping on 11:13 - Jan 9 by hoppy

Ha ha... easy mistake... they labelled them very similar to the original, so if it’s not your thing, difficult to spot the difference quickly!!

I can vouch for his delivery service for those in need. Thank you again for your help previously.

I thought he meant you'd asked for alcohol free beer.

I did read it a few times to check.

It was a mistake. That makes more sense!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Online grocery shopping on 12:38 - Jan 9 with 504 viewsLeaky

Online grocery shopping on 16:26 - Jan 8 by J2BLUE

It might be adding to the problem but it's standard practice for many people. My family* books one a week with two bottles of whiskey then edits it the night before. It's what you have to do.

*Three households before it's sorted and safely left in the porches of other two houses.

I agree as the lady I had a phone conversation from Tesco pointed order 3 items add to your basket your slot is then sorted. Even found this advice on Tesco website.
Online grocery shopping on 12:45 - Jan 9 with 503 viewsLeaky

Online grocery shopping on 18:00 - Jan 8 by jeera

Her age alone should have done.

I've stayed up all night several times to get my mum a delivery but cannot get anything for her at the moment at all. She's ok for now and has a decent neighbour fortunately who gets her bits and bobs when she goes out.

On each of her orders throughout the year I added just an extra item here and there to store in case this happened again and she thought i was mad.

Now she sees the reasoning. She can't go out herself and we can't get a delivery and I am 3 hours away!

There is a number on Tesco website, and I assume there are on other sites to book a priority slot. I looked the earliest I could book was the 15th Jan coincidently the first day I can go out after isolation. I called it & managed to get a slot for today.
Online grocery shopping on 12:48 - Jan 9 with 503 viewsLeaky

Online grocery shopping on 18:18 - Jan 8 by factual_blue

One doesn't have that sort of problem with Fortnums.

Tried Fortnums I was told there delivery drivers refuse to deliver outside the M25 as they believe there are still Viking raiders out there.
Online grocery shopping on 13:18 - Jan 9 with 492 viewsPinewoodblue

Online grocery shopping on 12:45 - Jan 9 by Leaky

There is a number on Tesco website, and I assume there are on other sites to book a priority slot. I looked the earliest I could book was the 15th Jan coincidently the first day I can go out after isolation. I called it & managed to get a slot for today.

We usually have slots booked with Tesco 2-3 weeks ahead. Get a delivery make another booking. We do have access to priority slots but they are less convenient as delivery is within a four hour slot.

If anyone gets desperate try Iceland good for basics and you can usually get a delivery within 24-48 hours. One word of warning they don’t do substitutions.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Online grocery shopping on 13:24 - Jan 9 with 489 viewsRyorry

Online grocery shopping on 12:48 - Jan 9 by Leaky

Tried Fortnums I was told there delivery drivers refuse to deliver outside the M25 as they believe there are still Viking raiders out there.

Tbf, they probably screen potential customers & only allocate slots to those who can spell 'their' correctly ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Online grocery shopping on 13:30 - Jan 9 with 486 viewsLeaky

Online grocery shopping on 13:24 - Jan 9 by Ryorry

Tbf, they probably screen potential customers & only allocate slots to those who can spell 'their' correctly ...

Sorry Sir will not make same mistake again I will sit in the naughty corner
Online grocery shopping on 13:36 - Jan 9 with 470 viewsbluelagos

Online grocery shopping on 11:30 - Jan 9 by jeera

I thought he meant you'd asked for alcohol free beer.

I did read it a few times to check.

It was a mistake. That makes more sense!

What can I say? Stress of lockdown? Not wanting to linger too long inside a shop? Some doddery old git tutting behind me to get a move on...

If some fugger than that to me I'd send them back to do it properly :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Online grocery shopping on 14:53 - Jan 9 with 452 viewshoppy

Online grocery shopping on 13:36 - Jan 9 by bluelagos

What can I say? Stress of lockdown? Not wanting to linger too long inside a shop? Some doddery old git tutting behind me to get a move on...

If some fugger than that to me I'd send them back to do it properly :-)

*noted for future reference.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024