Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Comment from the News section. 11:55 - Dec 16 with 1894 viewsmo_itfc

"BLM - is a political group, once there was a time when politics and sport were meant to be kept at arms length."

WHY DO PEOPLE THINK TAKING THE KNEE IS POLITICAL?!?!?!

It seems like people are threatened by this take the knee for solidarity...

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Comment from the News section. on 12:00 - Dec 16 with 1849 viewsKeno

to be fair what did you expect from the news section

Hoppy posts there

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Comment from the News section. on 12:03 - Dec 16 with 1829 viewsleitrimblue

I have a feeling Timmy might not be the brightest
Comment from the News section. on 12:04 - Dec 16 with 1828 viewsfooters

Look forward to the poppy being banned at PR in future too.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Comment from the News section. on 12:09 - Dec 16 with 1810 viewsmo_itfc

There's a political party which uses blue as there colour...

Maybe there should be some serious consideration to ban the colour blue from Portman Road?

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Comment from the News section. on 12:11 - Dec 16 with 1800 viewsCoco

It's amazing that a certain profile of football fan is so clued up on politics and marxism. Who'd have thought.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Comment from the News section. on 12:15 - Dec 16 with 1778 viewsSpruceMoose

Sport should be considered a luxury that many people don't fecking deserve while they hold these attitudes.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Comment from the News section. on 13:06 - Dec 16 with 1682 viewsfactual_blue

Comment from the News section. on 12:11 - Dec 16 by Coco

It's amazing that a certain profile of football fan is so clued up on politics and marxism. Who'd have thought.

balls

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Comment from the News section. on 13:17 - Dec 16 with 1653 viewsMattinLondon

To be fair, there other comments supporting taking the knee, in that particular section.
Login to get fewer ads

Comment from the News section. on 13:22 - Dec 16 with 1641 viewsMattinLondon

Do the players take the knee at PR? If so, how has the reaction been to it?
Comment from the News section. on 13:22 - Dec 16 with 1633 viewshoppy

Comment from the News section. on 12:00 - Dec 16 by Keno

to be fair what did you expect from the news section

Hoppy posts there

Hey, hold on there...

I only *OCCASIONALLY* post on there... you seem to be trying to out me as a constant news commenter, which is untrue and I'm suitably offended (if you're allowed to be offended for yourself these days, as often people get so offended for other people, whether there's anything to really be offended about or not anyway).

Exhibit A, M'lud...

https://www.twtd.co.uk/members/hoppy/comments/

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Comment from the News section. on 13:23 - Dec 16 with 1632 viewsfactual_blue

Comment from the News section. on 12:04 - Dec 16 by footers

Look forward to the poppy being banned at PR in future too.

The commemorative poppy was an American idea, later adopted by the British Legion.

Before 1918 the poppy was closely associated with the Napoleonic Wars (which were at that time known as the Great War).

https://www.thehistorypress.co.uk/articles/the-poppy-as-a-symbol-of-remembrance/

So, as some would say 'balls'

Comment from the News section. on 13:26 - Dec 16 with 1613 viewsfooters

Comment from the News section. on 13:23 - Dec 16 by factual_blue

The commemorative poppy was an American idea, later adopted by the British Legion.

Before 1918 the poppy was closely associated with the Napoleonic Wars (which were at that time known as the Great War).

https://www.thehistorypress.co.uk/articles/the-poppy-as-a-symbol-of-remembrance/

So, as some would say 'balls'

Damn foreigners, foisting their way of life on us.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Comment from the News section. on 13:36 - Dec 16 with 1605 viewsSteve_M

Timmy doesn't like having LGBT armbands rammed down his throat either. Freudian, much?

QTE

TimmyH added 12:17 - Dec 16
Okay this is a delicate subject...I'm not being being discriminate and I'm certainly not racist but in my opinion (where does that state that in my post) the reason I feel for booing at the kneeling by a percentage of the public at matches is the continued display of kneeling is largely being fuelled by corporations and a certain TV magnet.

Everybody has a right to an opinion and BLM is filing to become a political party and the right to vote in local elections ...maybe ever thought the reason for booing is that football and most live sport is now becoming a 'conveyor' into the consciousness? even the LGBT armbands were being worn across all games the other day, where will it stop?

It's not the discrimination factor it's the ramming down of people's throats, in my opinion.

UNQTE

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Comment from the News section. on 13:46 - Dec 16 with 1568 viewseireblue

Comment from the News section. on 13:36 - Dec 16 by Steve_M

Timmy doesn't like having LGBT armbands rammed down his throat either. Freudian, much?

QTE

Okay this is a delicate subject...I'm not being being discriminate and I'm certainly not racist but in my opinion (where does that state that in my post) the reason I feel for booing at the kneeling by a percentage of the public at matches is the continued display of kneeling is largely being fuelled by corporations and a certain TV magnet.

Everybody has a right to an opinion and BLM is filing to become a political party and the right to vote in local elections ...maybe ever thought the reason for booing is that football and most live sport is now becoming a 'conveyor' into the consciousness? even the LGBT armbands were being worn across all games the other day, where will it stop?

It's not the discrimination factor it's the ramming down of people's throats, in my opinion.

UNQTE

FFS, why oh why oh why, can't people that want to change things for the better, just get on and do things quietly, in-effectually and leave me alone to carry on as normal.

I wonder if TimmyH has an unusually large mouth, or someone with very thin arms was wearing the armband?
Comment from the News section. on 14:08 - Dec 16 with 1526 viewsHalf_Idiot

QTE

UNQTE

In other words " I don't care that you're discriminated against so can you stop reminding me!"
It's a shame that he's gone from..... on 14:13 - Dec 16 with 1505 viewsBloots

QTE

UNQTE

....being the "Darling of Wimbledon" and such a housewives favourite to a nutter on the internet.

Next thing we know Andy Murray will come out as a flat earther and Sue Barker will be revealed as an anti vaxxer.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Comment from the News section. on 14:15 - Dec 16 with 1498 viewsfactual_blue

QTE

UNQTE

When you see 'I'm certainly not racist but...', you know what you're about to get.

Comment from the News section. on 14:18 - Dec 16 with 1490 viewsKeno

Comment from the News section. on 13:22 - Dec 16 by hoppy

Hey, hold on there...

I only *OCCASIONALLY* post on there... you seem to be trying to out me as a constant news commenter, which is untrue and I'm suitably offended (if you're allowed to be offended for yourself these days, as often people get so offended for other people, whether there's anything to really be offended about or not anyway).

Exhibit A, M'lud...

https://www.twtd.co.uk/members/hoppy/comments/

hehe!!

Hows KJ doing by the way?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Comment from the News section. on 14:21 - Dec 16 with 1479 viewshoppy

Comment from the News section. on 14:18 - Dec 16 by Keno

hehe!!

Slow improvement, thank you for asking. Definitely making progress, and it was nice to be able to get away, just the two of us, at the weekend to celebrate my birthday (if celebrate is the correct word at 50?!). She still gets tired very easily and trying to not overdo it, but that's much better than it could've been.

Comment from the News section. on 14:55 - Dec 16 with 1430 viewsDinDjarin

Comment from the News section. on 13:22 - Dec 16 by MattinLondon

Do the players take the knee at PR? If so, how has the reaction been to it?

They didn't last night or did I miss it?
Comment from the News section. on 16:33 - Dec 16 with 1364 viewshoppy

Comment from the News section. on 14:18 - Dec 16 by Keno

hehe!!

Forgive me, I have just sinned again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024