Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Following my late night rant yesterday 09:54 - Dec 13 with 2307 viewsstantheman

I thought I might clarify my comment. The reason I have not logged in for 2 years is that I found the constant negativity a bit depressing and got fed up of arguing with posters regarding the state of my beloved Town. The constant (and it has been constant) belief that changing the manager since (and before) Magic held the post has NOT worked. I think it hasn't helped in any shape or form even though we seem to think it will now. The only way is to keep our fingers crossed that someone with VERY deep pockets comes in dig us out of the hole we are in, because no matter what some think the players we have now seem not to have enough skill or mentality to turn things round, even if we change the manager. It would take another 7 or 8 really decent signings to get us anywhere near competing in the championship and we havn't had that since McCarthy's early years.
Oh by the way I have supported ITFC from near and far for over 60 years and recently called it quits on my season ticket renewals at the end of last season. I await all the comments telling me I am wrong
Following my late night rant yesterday on 10:13 - Dec 13 with 2179 viewsBent_double

I would hardly call it a rant, but there you go.

You are right about the negativity, trouble is, it's built-up from 10-15 years of abject performances and disappointment.

I think you're wrong about needing someone with 'very deep pockets' - that's just not going to help with the financial restrictions in place in L1 next season. Plus you only need to look at how well some of the smaller clubs on limited budgets have done/are doing - it's not all about money.

Personally, I never used to blame ME for the situation we found ourselves in - other than poor choice of manager, of course - but as much as I understand what he wants to do at Ipswich (not panic when things aren't going well/implement a style throughout the club/develop players through the academy/stick to a budget), NONE of that will work if we don't start winning games, but he's painted himself into a corner with his recent comments.

He needs to accept he's got it wrong - hopefully for the last time - and wield the axe now before it's too late. If he gets it right and we get promotion this season with a new manager, all of this will be forgiven...for now!!

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Following my late night rant yesterday on 12:40 - Dec 13 with 2022 viewsIllinoisblue

Nobody cares

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Following my late night rant yesterday on 12:46 - Dec 13 with 1999 viewsstantheman

Following my late night rant yesterday on 12:40 - Dec 13 by Illinoisblue

Nobody cares

About?
Following my late night rant yesterday on 13:06 - Dec 13 with 1944 viewsWD19

Changing the manager is not the answer the answer to everything. Sometimes it is not even the right thing to do at all.

On this occasion, however, it is the answer to some very important things and needs to happen ASAP.
Following my late night rant yesterday on 13:58 - Dec 13 with 1867 viewsstantheman

Following my late night rant yesterday on 13:06 - Dec 13 by WD19

Changing the manager is not the answer the answer to everything. Sometimes it is not even the right thing to do at all.

On this occasion, however, it is the answer to some very important things and needs to happen ASAP.

Mmmm, because it's worked every time the past few years.

Oh!
Following my late night rant yesterday on 14:05 - Dec 13 with 1846 viewsjayessess

Ok, you're wrong. Transfer and salary spending is capped at £2.5m a year in this division, which is about half our normal annual gate receipts. We don't need someone with deeper pockets, we need someone with higher standards and higher levels of competence.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Following my late night rant yesterday on 14:09 - Dec 13 with 1817 viewsstantheman

Following my late night rant yesterday on 14:05 - Dec 13 by jayessess

Ok, you're wrong. Transfer and salary spending is capped at £2.5m a year in this division, which is about half our normal annual gate receipts. We don't need someone with deeper pockets, we need someone with higher standards and higher levels of competence.

Answers on a postcard to M Evans, c/o Portman Road, Ipswich.
Following my late night rant yesterday on 14:22 - Dec 13 with 1780 viewsstonojnr

Following my late night rant yesterday on 13:58 - Dec 13 by stantheman

Oh!

I wouldnt say dont do it because it hasnt worked in the past, I just dont think its the right answer at the moment, the players have as much of a role to play,literally, in getting the club out of this hole
Login to get fewer ads

Following my late night rant yesterday on 14:55 - Dec 13 with 1726 viewsstantheman

Following my late night rant yesterday on 14:22 - Dec 13 by stonojnr

I wouldnt say dont do it because it hasnt worked in the past, I just dont think its the right answer at the moment, the players have as much of a role to play,literally, in getting the club out of this hole

The problem being if they were we wouldn't be where we are. Or something.
Following my late night rant yesterday on 15:12 - Dec 13 with 1687 viewsSpruceMoose

Following my late night rant yesterday on 12:46 - Dec 13 by stantheman

About?

Your posts.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Following my late night rant yesterday on 15:16 - Dec 13 with 1677 viewsHerbivore

Oh!

What evidence are you seeing to suggest that Lambert is the man for the job?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Following my late night rant yesterday on 15:37 - Dec 13 with 1631 viewsstantheman

Following my late night rant yesterday on 15:16 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

What evidence are you seeing to suggest that Lambert is the man for the job?

I am not. I am saying that Mr Evans does not seem to have a good track record on changing the manager. Personally I think Lambert has had his time to make a difference and has failed miserably. The problem is, at present, with a long time left on his contract Evans will have to fork out more money to settle it. That will leave even less for the future and the cycle repeats.
Following my late night rant yesterday on 15:38 - Dec 13 with 1629 viewsSingBlue

What you’re saying is a bit odd. You seem to agree that we are basically rubbish - I.E. you’ve cancelled your season ticket and you say we haven’t got the players to compete and yet you’re having a go at people on here for having a moan about the situation! The specific moan asking to change the manager is definitely understandable and more constructive than stopping you ST and sitting quietly on your hands for 2 years?!
Following my late night rant yesterday on 15:39 - Dec 13 with 1625 viewsHerbivore

Following my late night rant yesterday on 15:37 - Dec 13 by stantheman

I am not. I am saying that Mr Evans does not seem to have a good track record on changing the manager. Personally I think Lambert has had his time to make a difference and has failed miserably. The problem is, at present, with a long time left on his contract Evans will have to fork out more money to settle it. That will leave even less for the future and the cycle repeats.

So there is zero evidence that Lambert is a capable manager but we should stick with him anyway?

Following my late night rant yesterday on 15:47 - Dec 13 with 1583 viewsstantheman

Following my late night rant yesterday on 15:38 - Dec 13 by SingBlue

What you’re saying is a bit odd. You seem to agree that we are basically rubbish - I.E. you’ve cancelled your season ticket and you say we haven’t got the players to compete and yet you’re having a go at people on here for having a moan about the situation! The specific moan asking to change the manager is definitely understandable and more constructive than stopping you ST and sitting quietly on your hands for 2 years?!

I gave up my season ticket because I have recently retired and got fed up with travelling, parking etc along with having other interests that are more pressing in my opinion. Anyway there seems to be an underlying feeling on here that you should not renew if you do not want to support the current regime, and I do not. I would like to note that was not my overriding reason.
Following my late night rant yesterday on 16:08 - Dec 13 with 1530 viewseddiespearitt03

Following my late night rant yesterday on 15:39 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

So there is zero evidence that Lambert is a capable manager but we should stick with him anyway?

There is zero evidence that Lambert is on a 5 year contract.
Could be fake news just to shut the fans up.

Once this football club somehow manages to distance itself further from the media , refusing access, or perhaps making it impossible for the TWTD site to function, the debates and the "Evans Out" - "Lambert Out" campaigns are over with.
Following my late night rant yesterday on 16:14 - Dec 13 with 1513 viewsHerbivore

Following my late night rant yesterday on 16:08 - Dec 13 by eddiespearitt03

There is zero evidence that Lambert is on a 5 year contract.
Could be fake news just to shut the fans up.

Once this football club somehow manages to distance itself further from the media , refusing access, or perhaps making it impossible for the TWTD site to function, the debates and the "Evans Out" - "Lambert Out" campaigns are over with.

Eh?

Following my late night rant yesterday on 16:59 - Dec 13 with 1441 viewsstantheman

Following my late night rant yesterday on 16:14 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

Eh?

If he even is on a 5 year contract there must be some performance measures that are in place, and if not met it is nullified, maybe with a 2 year reassessment.
Following my late night rant yesterday on 17:07 - Dec 13 with 1409 viewsthebooks

Oh!

By this logic the only time we would change manager is when they die. I appreciate this would certainly be a novel approach.
Following my late night rant yesterday on 17:24 - Dec 13 with 1373 viewsKropotkin123

The constant (and it has been constant) belief that changing the manager since (and before) Magic held the post has NOT worked.

We've had one decent manager in that time. Sadly, his football was too dull to keep people interested. Just because ME is not competent at picking new managers, it doesn't mean that we should accept that this manager is good enough and there aren't many better options out there.

The only way is to keep our fingers crossed that someone with VERY deep pockets comes in dig us out of the hole we are in

It really isn't the solution. Money isn't the issue. We have far greater resources than others in this league. We need a proper football structure at this club, not one man sporadically talking about vague five-year plans, hope and lamenting the rules that everyone else is working within or around.

It would take another 7 or 8 really decent signings to get us anywhere near competing in the championship

Competing in the championship is now a long way off. We nee to focus on getting there and building upon that. Look at Mogga with Blackburn. Slowly, but surely, heading in the right direction, playing attractive football.

I await all the comments telling me I am wrong

This is a forum, where you give and receive opinions. You can't expect to post something and everyone just agree. That's not how reality works.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Following my late night rant yesterday on 17:46 - Dec 13 with 1338 viewsstantheman

Following my late night rant yesterday on 17:24 - Dec 13 by Kropotkin123

The constant (and it has been constant) belief that changing the manager since (and before) Magic held the post has NOT worked.

We've had one decent manager in that time. Sadly, his football was too dull to keep people interested. Just because ME is not competent at picking new managers, it doesn't mean that we should accept that this manager is good enough and there aren't many better options out there.

The only way is to keep our fingers crossed that someone with VERY deep pockets comes in dig us out of the hole we are in

It really isn't the solution. Money isn't the issue. We have far greater resources than others in this league. We need a proper football structure at this club, not one man sporadically talking about vague five-year plans, hope and lamenting the rules that everyone else is working within or around.

It would take another 7 or 8 really decent signings to get us anywhere near competing in the championship

Competing in the championship is now a long way off. We nee to focus on getting there and building upon that. Look at Mogga with Blackburn. Slowly, but surely, heading in the right direction, playing attractive football.

I await all the comments telling me I am wrong

This is a forum, where you give and receive opinions. You can't expect to post something and everyone just agree. That's not how reality works.

Good post and decent reasoning. I did not post that people cannot agree with me, it was the snarky way that some disagreed and not just with me. The one thing that really niggles me is this happy clappers tag. Really condescending.
Following my late night rant yesterday on 17:55 - Dec 13 with 1328 viewsronnyd

Following my late night rant yesterday on 17:07 - Dec 13 by thebooks

By this logic the only time we would change manager is when they die. I appreciate this would certainly be a novel approach.

You mean something like the Pope. No, not Nick
Following my late night rant yesterday on 18:07 - Dec 13 with 1302 viewswkj

Im too tired to be a Happy Clapper any more, credit to those who can.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024