Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hi 14:50 - Dec 10 with 1700 viewstroyse

Hi fair enough no pompey email but not had burton yet im hiding sat will be at game tues need help im worried nervy need to go hope get email soon or ask around
Hi on 14:56 - Dec 10 with 1659 viewsSwailsey

Hi Troy,

I realise that this is a panicked time for you, but please, please can you listen to what people post on here and accept the following:

1) You may not end up getting a ticket - that may not seem fair I know, but we are in a pandemic. Allowances have to be made.

2) Sending any angry messages to the club may result in them reacting negatively.

3) You cannot use someone else's ticket, even if they offer it. It is based on your name only. They will be checking this and you will only be disappointed when you try to get in.

--------------

I'm not saying these things to be mean, but please:

1) Take notice, be calm and be patient.

2) Trust me, even though it feels like it, it isn't the end of the world not getting into football.

3) Know that you WILL be back soon. It may just be a little longer than you'd hoped.

4) Know that 1000s of other people (perhaps I'm being generous!) are in the same boat. It isn't worth you getting upset or worried over, or getting into any potential difficulty with the club about.

Embrace iFollow with a cup of tea and a doughnut if you have to. That's what I did!

Take care and enjoy the Christmas period.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 15:41]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Hi on 15:07 - Dec 10 with 1589 viewsPinewoodblue

Troyse it is worth remembering that we have over 8000 season ticket holder and only 2000 can go to any one game.

There is no guarantee you will get a ticket for Burton, nor even the next home game. It is all in the hands of the gods nothing any of us say , or do, can change things.

When ever your chance comes you will enjoy the experience, and it will be an experience unlike attending any previous match.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Troyston.... on 15:33 - Dec 10 with 1527 viewsBloots

...realistically speaking:

You had about a 22% chance of getting a ticket for Portsmouth.

You've now got about a 29% chance of getting one for Burton.

Northampton will be 56% and Swindon 67%.

By the time we got to Peterborough you'll definitely have one.

The chances are you'll only get to see one match, so which one would you prefer?

I'd have thought Burton would be bottom of the list.

(although we'll probably get put into lockdown again next week, so this post was pointless actually)

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Nah, it'll still be crap. (n/t) on 15:33 - Dec 10 with 1514 viewsBloots

Hi on 15:07 - Dec 10 by Pinewoodblue

Troyse it is worth remembering that we have over 8000 season ticket holder and only 2000 can go to any one game.

There is no guarantee you will get a ticket for Burton, nor even the next home game. It is all in the hands of the gods nothing any of us say , or do, can change things.

When ever your chance comes you will enjoy the experience, and it will be an experience unlike attending any previous match.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Troyston.... on 15:35 - Dec 10 with 1495 viewsfooters

Troyston.... on 15:33 - Dec 10 by Bloots

...realistically speaking:

You had about a 22% chance of getting a ticket for Portsmouth.

You've now got about a 29% chance of getting one for Burton.

Northampton will be 56% and Swindon 67%.

By the time we got to Peterborough you'll definitely have one.

The chances are you'll only get to see one match, so which one would you prefer?

I'd have thought Burton would be bottom of the list.

(although we'll probably get put into lockdown again next week, so this post was pointless actually)

We might win against Burton.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Hi on 15:36 - Dec 10 with 1489 viewsPJH

Hi on 14:56 - Dec 10 by Swailsey

Hi Troy,

I realise that this is a panicked time for you, but please, please can you listen to what people post on here and accept the following:

1) You may not end up getting a ticket - that may not seem fair I know, but we are in a pandemic. Allowances have to be made.

2) Sending any angry messages to the club may result in them reacting negatively.

3) You cannot use someone else's ticket, even if they offer it. It is based on your name only. They will be checking this and you will only be disappointed when you try to get in.

--------------

2) Trust me, even though it feels like it, it isn't the end of the world not getting into football.

3) Know that you WILL be back soon. It may just be a little longer than you'd hoped.

4) Know that 1000s of other people (perhaps I'm being generous!) are in the same boat. It isn't worth you getting upset or worried over, or getting into any potential difficulty with the club about.

Embrace iFollow with a cup of tea and a doughnut if you have to. That's what I did!

This is a very good response.

We all understand that not getting a ticket is stressful for Troy but he does just have to be patient, there is no other choice.

Ticket holders have to take photographic proof that they are the person named on the ticket so even if someone was prepared to let Troy have a ticket it would be no use to him because he would not be allowed in anyway.
Hi on 16:23 - Dec 10 with 1352 viewsfabian_illness

Also, worth getting your head round the fact the if you’re lucky enough to get a ticket for Burton, you’ll probably have to miss the next 2/3/4 games after.
Hang in there mate, it’s the same for all of us.
Hi on 17:06 - Dec 10 with 1249 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Hi on 14:56 - Dec 10 by Swailsey

Hi Troy,

--------------

If I ever have to debate the question "Is it possible to be patient, gentle and kind on the Internet?" I'll hold up your post as a fine example.
Login to get fewer ads

Hi on 17:11 - Dec 10 with 1231 viewsHerbivore

Appreciate that you are finding this hard Troy. Follow the advice of others and try to stay patient. Nobody is going to be able to attend every game whilst the attendance is capped at 2,000 fans. People can expect to get to roughly one game in every four or five based on how many season ticket holders we have. That is going to be the same for everyone and there is no way around it.

Try to take some positives from it too, we are sh!t at the moment and managed by a clown and owned by an even bigger clown, so whilst Portman Road might seem like a magical place having been away from it for so long, it's basically a circus but without the fun.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024