Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee 10:22 - Dec 6 with 6568 viewsKeno

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/06/millwall-fans-who-booed-players-ta

I think it misses the point of what "taking the knee' is supposed to signify and unfortunately I fear it will give racists a feeling of justification

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 12:25 - Dec 6 with 3157 viewsRyorry

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 10:28 - Dec 6 by Keno

George Eustice, formally of UKIP.

I didnt know that

And now sec of state for the environment Wonder how many shares in global oil & gas corps his Tory mates in that well known tangled web managed to slip to him.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 12:36 - Dec 6 with 3128 views26_Paz

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 11:28 - Dec 6 by Radlett_blue

So, over 42% of the UK population are idiots?
An interesting and exceptionally arrogant view.

There’s a lot of that on here mate. It’s a bit of a lefty love in. Luckily for them they have a Paz to remind them of what the rest of the country is thinking.

The Paz Man

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 12:42 - Dec 6 with 3127 viewswoiii

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 11:58 - Dec 6 by peterleeblue

Sadly there are a lot of "sold their soul" Labour voters up here in the North East who backed "lets get Brexit done" already realising what a momentous error they have made.

I was a Tory voter until Cameron lobbed £9k uni fees onto my uni bound kids.
I have now completely seen through what an absolute shower they are. And don't get me started on this "we will have to see what Boris says" approach from everyone regarding the next move on anything to to do with COVID. Like he is some cosy lovable Dumbledore style character. Its "johnson" said with the absolute aggression that was reserved for Thatcher as she set up the destruction of Northern communities in the late 80's.

Four more years. God help us all!

Did she really set up the destruction of northern communities? IMO we should have done the same for miners as they did in France, which was to pay them 80% of their salaries until retirement. Those mining communities would still have come to an end by now though as the young would have had to move away to find work. That would be unavoidable.
What other areas did Thatcher destroy? I watched a good documentary on BBC4 a couple of weeks ago about the demise of the shipbuilding industry, which was nothing to do with the government and wholly down to more efficient practices in places like Japan. Practices that unions here refused to adopt.
Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 12:51 - Dec 6 with 3107 viewsPJH

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 12:36 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

There’s a lot of that on here mate. It’s a bit of a lefty love in. Luckily for them they have a Paz to remind them of what the rest of the country is thinking.

So the rest of the country is thinking 'what time does the pub open?'
Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 13:01 - Dec 6 with 3092 viewsPinewoodblue

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 11:38 - Dec 6 by jeera

I dunno, have you met half the population?

I mean, let's be honest, if we consider a sample of a number of the people we meet in life, the assumption wouldn't feel so surprising!

Most of us come into contact with more people with different to our own here on TWTD than anywhere else. The majority of people move in circles that share their views on most things.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 13:01 - Dec 6 with 3092 viewsgazzer1999

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 12:42 - Dec 6 by woiii

Did she really set up the destruction of northern communities? IMO we should have done the same for miners as they did in France, which was to pay them 80% of their salaries until retirement. Those mining communities would still have come to an end by now though as the young would have had to move away to find work. That would be unavoidable.
What other areas did Thatcher destroy? I watched a good documentary on BBC4 a couple of weeks ago about the demise of the shipbuilding industry, which was nothing to do with the government and wholly down to more efficient practices in places like Japan. Practices that unions here refused to adopt.

I think if you study about the pit closures, Harold Wilson had conducted feasibility studies years before the tories, and came to the conclusion that they needed to be closed, however he knew it would be political suicide to implement so kicked the can down the road for someone else to carry.
Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 13:08 - Dec 6 with 3076 viewsSomethingBlue

A sentiment endorsed on Twitter today by the Ipswich MP, Tom Hunt.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 14:12 - Dec 6 with 3028 viewsPinewoodblue

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 13:01 - Dec 6 by gazzer1999

I think if you study about the pit closures, Harold Wilson had conducted feasibility studies years before the tories, and came to the conclusion that they needed to be closed, however he knew it would be political suicide to implement so kicked the can down the road for someone else to carry.

Not true. Labour closed several hundred pits under Harold Wilson, Atlee closed over a hundred pits soon after forming a government after the war.

TWTD is littered with half truths.

2023 year of destiny

Login to get fewer ads

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 14:24 - Dec 6 with 3004 viewsRyorry

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 14:12 - Dec 6 by Pinewoodblue

Not true. Labour closed several hundred pits under Harold Wilson, Atlee closed over a hundred pits soon after forming a government after the war.

... and sometimes, sadly, deliberate lies too (not you I hasten to add!).

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 14:37 - Dec 6 with 3000 viewsPinewoodblue

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 14:24 - Dec 6 by Ryorry

... and sometimes, sadly, deliberate lies too (not you I hasten to add!).

Mst of the untruths you read on TWTD are from people who don't research anything and rely on one, often unreliable, source.

Daily Mail for example although the problem is, in my opinion, more prevalent on the left.

2023 year of destiny

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 14:51 - Dec 6 with 2976 viewsjeera

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 14:37 - Dec 6 by Pinewoodblue

Mst of the untruths you read on TWTD are from people who don't research anything and rely on one, often unreliable, source.

Daily Mail for example although the problem is, in my opinion, more prevalent on the left.

"more prevalent on the left."

Maybe in your experience, but most certainly not in mine.

You have literally just corrected a poster which goes against that statement too.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 15:31 - Dec 6 with 2940 viewsmonytowbray

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 10:48 - Dec 6 by BlueBadger

Ah yes, People's Very Real Concerns.

Which are usually based on something that someone made up, that they've believed.

Don’t forget Cultural Marxism is a Neo-Nazi pushed conspiracy theory that a secret global elite (see also; “Jews”) were trying to push political correctness to overpower western society (see also; “White Supremacy”).

But we have to cater to these people in the media for “balance” or something, despite there being no central ground between facts and nonsense.
🤷‍♂️

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 16:20 - Dec 6 with 2894 viewsgazzer1999

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 14:12 - Dec 6 by Pinewoodblue

You are quite correct, labour closed lots of pits, just stopped short of implementing what Thatcher did. There was someone who made a programme for the BBC a few years back that concluded that if labour had won the election in 79 they would have taken the same corse as Thatcher did, probably just a lot slower.
Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 18:09 - Dec 6 with 2856 viewsBlueBadger

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 14:37 - Dec 6 by Pinewoodblue

LOL

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 18:27 - Dec 6 with 2832 viewsmonytowbray

And where exactly is your evidence of that?

TWTD never forgets…

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 18:36 - Dec 6 with 2825 viewsSwansea_Blue

If only Millwall hadn't released a recent statement explaining that they take the knee as a demonstration against all inequality and don't themselves link it to any political position.

Which means those booing, and those who condone it like Eustace just has, are for discrimination.

It's that simple.

Millwall statement here https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/2020/december/first-team-squad-release-stateme

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 18:39 - Dec 6 with 2819 viewsmonytowbray

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 18:36 - Dec 6 by Swansea_Blue

If only Millwall hadn't released a recent statement explaining that they take the knee as a demonstration against all inequality and don't themselves link it to any political position.

Which means those booing, and those who condone it like Eustace just has, are for discrimination.

It's that simple.

Millwall statement here https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/2020/december/first-team-squad-release-stateme

But something about the left!

TWTD never forgets…

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 19:01 - Dec 6 with 2800 viewseireblue

Always worth having a look at voting vs educational attainment.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/12/17/how-britain-vot

Always good to read the weasily words of someone that doesn’t think minorities can define what is abusive.
Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 19:08 - Dec 6 with 2782 viewsRyorry

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 19:01 - Dec 6 by eireblue

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/12/17/how-britain-vot

Always good to read the weasily words of someone that doesn’t think minorities can define what is abusive.

Well, good to know that I'm still 18-24 in one sense!

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 19:09 - Dec 6 with 2782 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 19:01 - Dec 6 by eireblue

It would be interesting to see how that compares with previous elections. I think it is probably more nuanced than the simple conclusion drawn here.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 19:23 - Dec 6 with 2774 viewseireblue

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 19:09 - Dec 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

It would be interesting to see how that compares with previous elections. I think it is probably more nuanced than the simple conclusion drawn here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39936927

You can find similar surveys on the Brexit vote as well.

Intelligence is a bit like driving, everyone thinks they are a bit better than they actually are, but some people are stupid.
Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 21:18 - Dec 6 with 2733 viewsSwansea_Blue

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 12:42 - Dec 6 by woiii

Yes she did. She finished them off, although it had been coming. But it was the lack of thought about what would come next that led to industrial wastelands over large swathes of the country.

Her worst legacy was turning people into selfish arseholes. Some did very well out of her ideology, but it was always at the expense of others. It’s a mindset that’s permeated until today and made all of us much poorer.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 21:28 - Dec 6 with 2727 viewsSpruceMoose

Ah Paz wishes to remind us of the thoughts of the famous 'silent minority' who never shut the fúck up with their whining and who have been in power for decades.

If you dislike it so much on here maybe you should head over to the Millwall forum. Make sure you donate to Footers charity fund before you go though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 21:33 - Dec 6 with 2711 views26_Paz

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 21:28 - Dec 6 by SpruceMoose

Ah Paz wishes to remind us of the thoughts of the famous 'silent minority' who never shut the fúck up with their whining and who have been in power for decades.

If you dislike it so much on here maybe you should head over to the Millwall forum. Make sure you donate to Footers charity fund before you go though.

There’s no need to swear. What is his fundraiser in aid of?

The Paz Man

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 21:35 - Dec 6 with 2707 viewsSpruceMoose

Different take on Millwall fans Vs taking the knee on 21:33 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

There’s no need to swear. What is his fundraiser in aid of?

There's every need to swear.

https://localgiving.org/fundraising/ITFC-Christmas/

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024