Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Cowley 10:56 - Nov 29 with 1024 viewsHackneyblueboy

Just feels like the right guy to me. Still young and on the up rather than a manager on the merry go round. Knows League 1 well and adept at getting a team playing more than the sum of its parts. Local links too. Could be the right man for the club for the next 5+ years rather than another plaster over the cracks.
Danny Cowley on 10:57 - Nov 29 with 1011 viewsBlueBadger

I'm confident that we could take him on and ruin his career as well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Danny Cowley on 10:58 - Nov 29 with 993 viewsHackneyblueboy

Danny Cowley on 10:57 - Nov 29 by BlueBadger

Haha yes that might be the case unfortunately. Seems like we are a graveyard for managers these days.
Danny Cowley on 10:58 - Nov 29 with 990 viewsgazzer1999

Heaven help us if that is the case, I bet you wanted Hurst as well.
The one option that has not been tried is from within. Do it now ME, and get Burley to help them.
Danny Cowley on 10:59 - Nov 29 with 984 viewsGuthrum

Danny Cowley on 10:57 - Nov 29 by BlueBadger

And therein lies a problem ..

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Danny Cowley on 11:01 - Nov 29 with 962 viewsHackneyblueboy

Danny Cowley on 10:58 - Nov 29 by gazzer1999

Heaven help us if that is the case, I bet you wanted Hurst as well.
The one option that has not been tried is from within. Do it now ME, and get Burley to help them.

I didnt actually want rid of McCarthy. I see why people are attracted to the idea of Burley but he's been out of the game too long. I'd rather Dyer with some assistance from one or some of the old guard.
Danny Cowley on 11:05 - Nov 29 with 930 viewsgazzer1999

Danny Cowley on 11:01 - Nov 29 by Hackneyblueboy

I didnt actually want rid of McCarthy. I see why people are attracted to the idea of Burley but he's been out of the game too long. I'd rather Dyer with some assistance from one or some of the old guard.

Out of the game too long, does that matter? of course not. It's still about getting a bag of wind in the others net simples really, yet at the moment we can't even get it out of our own half, tippy tippy to the centre backs.
I am lucky I saw all the good days under Sir Bobby, the last time it was really good was under Burley and maybe a season under BFJ. What did Jim ever do wrong? that's where the real rot started and the Dark Lord getting his sticky fingers on this great club.
Danny Cowley on 11:05 - Nov 29 with 930 viewspatrickswell

It will be Dyer or at a push, Chambers in a player-manager role.

The Cowleys and Paul Cook would look at the lack of financial support and the massive injury list and pass, I think.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 11:06]
Danny Cowley on 11:23 - Nov 29 with 854 viewsGarv

Danny Cowley on 11:05 - Nov 29 by patrickswell

It will be Dyer or at a push, Chambers in a player-manager role.

The Cowleys and Paul Cook would look at the lack of financial support and the massive injury list and pass, I think.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 11:06]

Chambers isn't finished playing, there's no way he's going in as player manager. Have to say I think his time here is up and both parties need a change.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Danny Cowley on 11:41 - Nov 29 with 799 viewsitfcjoe

Fully agree with you, they seem the best realistically available candidate

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Danny Cowley on 11:43 - Nov 29 with 785 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Danny Cowley on 11:01 - Nov 29 by Hackneyblueboy

As a matter of interest, what is it that makes people think Dyer is a better option than Nash?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Danny Cowley on 14:52 - Nov 29 with 636 viewsbilllm

Not keen on pearson personally but he'd tell some of the prima Donna's how crap they are,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024