Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crewe at it again 20:53 - Nov 17 with 1553 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

2-0 away at Oxford.

Wow, a fantastic football side at this level. Fair play to them, a joy to watch.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Crewe at it again on 20:56 - Nov 17 with 1536 viewsBlueBadger

They'll get nowhere playing attacking, passing football. 12 passes at the back and then lumping it is the way to go now, grandad.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Crewe at it again on 22:03 - Nov 17 with 1383 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

And yet those fu***rs couldn’t beat Gillingham a fortnight ago at 11/10!!

I do agree though.. they’d be a very good team at this level if they can not have 20 shots per game without scoring (such as the Gillingham game).

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Crewe at it again on 22:28 - Nov 17 with 1316 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Crewe at it again on 20:56 - Nov 17 by BlueBadger

They'll get nowhere playing attacking, passing football. 12 passes at the back and then lumping it is the way to go now, grandad.

12 passes for us would be a low amount...

Crewe at it again on 22:30 - Nov 17 with 1312 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Crewe at it again on 22:03 - Nov 17 by The_Romford_Blue

And yet those fu***rs couldn’t beat Gillingham a fortnight ago at 11/10!!

I do agree though.. they’d be a very good team at this level if they can not have 20 shots per game without scoring (such as the Gillingham game).

I don’t think we can say too much. Wasn’t long ago we couldn’t get past good ole MK Dons.

And the spanked Posh Saturday, that’s already 1 more win than we are going to get against a big club this season...
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 22:30]

Crewe at it again on 23:05 - Nov 17 with 1260 viewsRocky

They really are a very good footballing side.
David Artell would be a perfect fit for us.
Crewe at it again on 23:23 - Nov 17 with 1236 viewsBlueBadger

Crewe at it again on 23:05 - Nov 17 by Rocky

Presumably Snedders doesn't like good football.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Crewe at it again on 23:50 - Nov 17 with 1207 viewspatrickswell

Interesting thread seeing people laud both Crewe and MK Dons while criticising ourselves. I guess the negativity here is such that it would go through the roof if we’d lost a game 1-0 while missing a load of chances. And I dread to think what it would be like if we drew a home match playing a side who had to play with 10 men for the last 22 minutes.

The vituperation would be unimaginable. Good thing, we’re only talking in the hypothetical and can enjoy the 4 points we took off those sides.
Crewe at it again on 00:12 - Nov 18 with 1176 viewsRocky

Crewe at it again on 23:50 - Nov 17 by patrickswell

Interesting thread seeing people laud both Crewe and MK Dons while criticising ourselves. I guess the negativity here is such that it would go through the roof if we’d lost a game 1-0 while missing a load of chances. And I dread to think what it would be like if we drew a home match playing a side who had to play with 10 men for the last 22 minutes.

The vituperation would be unimaginable. Good thing, we’re only talking in the hypothetical and can enjoy the 4 points we took off those sides.

"The vituperation would be unimaginable"

Wonderful, can I use this in future?
Login to get fewer ads

Crewe at it again on 08:08 - Nov 18 with 968 viewsitfcjoe

Accrington are quietly having a very good season - but only played 9 games (6 wins and 3 draws).

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Crewe at it again on 09:07 - Nov 18 with 866 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Crewe at it again on 08:08 - Nov 18 by itfcjoe

Accrington are quietly having a very good season - but only played 9 games (6 wins and 3 draws).

Saw they had another very good win at Swindon last night. What a manager John Coleman has been for them by the way.

Crewe at it again on 09:09 - Nov 18 with 856 viewslongtimefan

Crewe at it again on 08:08 - Nov 18 by itfcjoe

But they can’t be any good as we beat them (Crewe and Accrington)
Crewe at it again on 09:10 - Nov 18 with 859 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Crewe at it again on 23:50 - Nov 17 by patrickswell

Relax, only stating what a good football side they are.

We are clearly in a better position, but that doesn't make us a good footballing side.

Crewe have probably 1/10th of the resources we have at are disposal, and for what they have they are fantastic to watch.

I doubt they'll finish top 6 due to lack of depth in squad, but it is fine to appreciate good football, especially when we rarely play any ourselves, it is nice to see others do it.

Crewe at it again on 09:16 - Nov 18 with 845 viewscbower

Crewe at it again on 23:05 - Nov 17 by Rocky

Every manager who is able to put together a team playing nice, attacking football on a budget would seemingly be ideal for us. I know nothing about David Artell but remember, Paul Lambert also managed to put together a very attractive, free scoring side that he took from Div 1 to the Premier League once. Oh, and Mick at Wolves / Sunderland to the Premier League from the Championship. Oh, and Jewell with Wigan and Bradford. Keane with Sunderland. Even Hurst was given massive praise for his work at Shrewsbury. Artell may be something special, I don't know but jumping on whatever horse seems to be moving in the right direction is not the way. Throw enough shoite at a wall, some will stick!
[Post edited 18 Nov 2020 9:27]

bluescouser

Crewe at it again on 09:30 - Nov 18 with 815 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Crewe at it again on 09:16 - Nov 18 by cbower

Every manager who is able to put together a team playing nice, attacking football on a budget would seemingly be ideal for us. I know nothing about David Artell but remember, Paul Lambert also managed to put together a very attractive, free scoring side that he took from Div 1 to the Premier League once. Oh, and Mick at Wolves / Sunderland to the Premier League from the Championship. Oh, and Jewell with Wigan and Bradford. Keane with Sunderland. Even Hurst was given massive praise for his work at Shrewsbury. Artell may be something special, I don't know but jumping on whatever horse seems to be moving in the right direction is not the way. Throw enough shoite at a wall, some will stick!
[Post edited 18 Nov 2020 9:27]

There is always a case of that you're right, when anybody gather momentum they are touted to step up again, but that is just how football works. You perform well, step up and see if you can make, until you find your level.

By all accounts, and only watching Crewe 3 times this year (Ipswich, Peterborough, Oxford) they performed extremely well, really good football to watch, and Artell is highly thought of by all accounts (firm but fair apparently), through listening to their local radio station with the games.

He's done a good job on evidence, steering them from relegation when he took over, onto promotion, and now been able to compete at League 1, playing exciting football all the same. For a club like Crewe is very good.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024