Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Proper meltdown by some over a preseason game 17:29 - Aug 29 with 999 viewsTrickster

With a bunch of second stringers playing a plan B style.

Poll: Who do you want to be appointed next Town manager?

Proper meltdown by some over a preseason game on 17:35 - Aug 29 with 973 viewsDubtractor

Plan B suggests that there is a Plan A.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Proper meltdown by some over a preseason game on 17:46 - Aug 29 with 939 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Proper meltdown by some over a preseason game on 17:35 - Aug 29 by Dubtractor

Plan B suggests that there is a Plan A.

There appears to have been a plan in the first few friendlies (one that was reported with some optimism in the press) and this was clearly a different approach to that, so one assumes the former is plan A and today plan B.

For me, this plan B approach with Hawkins should involve two up front but, that aside, different systems for different opposition is what we should asking.
Proper meltdown by some over a preseason game on 17:58 - Aug 29 with 912 viewsLeoMuff

Isn’t that the concern though? Why are we experimenting with fringe players in our final friendly

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Proper meltdown by some over a preseason game on 18:00 - Aug 29 with 907 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Proper meltdown by some over a preseason game on 17:58 - Aug 29 by LeoMuff

Isn’t that the concern though? Why are we experimenting with fringe players in our final friendly

Because the players today need fitness. That’s it.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Proper meltdown by some over a preseason game on 18:14 - Aug 29 with 876 viewsLeoMuff

Proper meltdown by some over a preseason game on 18:00 - Aug 29 by JammyDodgerrr

Because the players today need fitness. That’s it.

Well traditionally it’s for bedding in your first 11 and take a confidence building result into the first game, but Lambo thinks out of the box, and that’s why he get the results I guess.....

The only Muff in Town.

Proper meltdown by some over a preseason game on 18:15 - Aug 29 with 874 viewsTieDyedIn95

Same every season, we win these games all is rosy and worth while, we lose games people are told to shut up and that it's meaningless. It doesn't suit the narrative to accept we aren't that good pre-season or not, but we're not that good.

I remember the Braintree game a few years back where our team decided not to show up, got outplayed and beaten by a non-league team and those who went saw the writing on the wall for relegation that season, but we were told to sit down and shut up because it was just a friendly. We were then effectively relegated in October. Meaningless? Absolutely not - it showed exactly what we had coming. Nothing we could do about it mind, Hurst was the fans choice in many ways and pushed for on most of the fan forums. Turns out he wasn't a good appointment and Mick was a much better manager than many thought he was, which is what everyone in football told us, but we knew better and went for the half inch, non-league managing egomaniac because he was "young and exciting" instead! Looking back is pretty painful.

The friendly's to me have shown that we're not looking as good as last season, the new game plan doesn't work and I give PR Paul until November before he's either sacked or he has resigned.

So continue to attack the fans over these "proper meltdowns" and ignore what's happening on the pitch because ultimately it's not our fans fault we are in this mess, the fans have been patient and loyal despite the absolute sh1tshow that is Marcus Evans Ipswich Town, we're now in the third tier having just finished 11th. Evans hung onto Lambert, he's again made an awful decision and one that I guarantee will bite him in the backside because there is now way that has-been bser will ever take Town up. This will be his last propper job in football. I wonder who he will fall out with next?

Lamberts football isn't even that good either.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Proper meltdown by some over a preseason game on 18:15 - Aug 29 with 872 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Agree. Today should have been pretty much our strongest line up to get us ready. Guess Lambert will use the up coming cup games to experiment a bit more, before the season for real kicks off.
Proper meltdown by some over a preseason game on 18:16 - Aug 29 with 869 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

I think we're already aware that he's going to use the first two cup games as our last two friendlies and hopefully will look to gel the favoured 11 in those.

We'll need a fit squad this year more than any other year so I don't blame him for getting minutes into the legs of the fringes.
Login to get fewer ads

Proper meltdown by some over a preseason game on 19:00 - Aug 29 with 831 viewsLeoMuff

Proper meltdown by some over a preseason game on 18:16 - Aug 29 by King_ding_a_lin_g

I think we're already aware that he's going to use the first two cup games as our last two friendlies and hopefully will look to gel the favoured 11 in those.

We'll need a fit squad this year more than any other year so I don't blame him for getting minutes into the legs of the fringes.

That would be ideal, so of course it won’t happen .

The only Muff in Town.

Proper meltdown by some over a preseason game on 19:04 - Aug 29 with 823 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I think in the short space of time we had to get miles in the legs. It seems we've taken call to not risk quite a few with knocks.

Whatever the situation the plan was not to lose limply.

It has little bearing on the season but certainly it's not helpful to fan sentiment to Lambert this result.

Not too fussed just a shame. What matters now is SAT. COYB.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024