Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? 01:15 - Aug 15 with 6561 viewsIpswichlove

I actually think chambers is a good leader and a still a decent cb in league 1

but if we don’t get promoted with him as a captain (and starting Cb I’m guessing) again this season surely he has to go ?

Especially if he’s out of contract which I think he is

Poll: Season ticket
Blog: The Next Three - Part Two

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 08:33 - Aug 15 with 5975 viewsFarmerpiles

Possibly his last as player, most likely player/coach role next season or God forbid ME's next managerial appointment (cos it will be a cheap option and a "positive" PR move with the fan base). He and Skuse are too deep rooted into the club, that's part of the problem at Portman Rd.
Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 08:44 - Aug 15 with 5947 viewsJimmyJazz

Even if we did go up, he'd need replacing.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 08:45 - Aug 15 with 5944 viewsHerbivore

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 08:33 - Aug 15 by Farmerpiles

Possibly his last as player, most likely player/coach role next season or God forbid ME's next managerial appointment (cos it will be a cheap option and a "positive" PR move with the fan base). He and Skuse are too deep rooted into the club, that's part of the problem at Portman Rd.

Why is Chambers and Skuse being embedded into the club part of the problem? By all accounts both are model pros on and off the pitch. Do we not want good pros at the club?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 08:57 - Aug 15 with 5906 viewsevansblue

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 08:45 - Aug 15 by Herbivore

Why is Chambers and Skuse being embedded into the club part of the problem? By all accounts both are model pros on and off the pitch. Do we not want good pros at the club?

It’s just a lazy comment which I am sick of hearing. They are model professionals on and off the pitch and any profession wants people like that.
Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 09:07 - Aug 15 with 5892 viewsSuperblue95

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 08:33 - Aug 15 by Farmerpiles

Every club need a Chambers and Skuse, so they definitely aren’t a problem. Yes, they’re both over the hill and on their last legs (Skuse especially) but still great professionals who the young players can learn from, and I’d have no issue with them being made coaches in the next year or two.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 09:16 - Aug 15 with 5863 viewsSouperJim

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 08:57 - Aug 15 by evansblue

It’s just a lazy comment which I am sick of hearing. They are model professionals on and off the pitch and any profession wants people like that.

I can understand fans wanting more quality than Chambers and to a lesser extent Skuse provide, but to single them out as the problem within the playing staff is utterly bizarre. Of the players who have underperformed for us in the last few years, they are a long way down the list.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 09:36 - Aug 15 with 5813 viewsbobbyramsey

Hopefully his last season whatever happens.....
Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 09:40 - Aug 15 with 5792 viewsBlueBadger

I wonder if it has anything to do with the manger who made them captain and vice-captain?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 09:41 - Aug 15 with 5790 viewsBlueBadger

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 09:16 - Aug 15 by SouperJim

I can understand fans wanting more quality than Chambers and to a lesser extent Skuse provide, but to single them out as the problem within the playing staff is utterly bizarre. Of the players who have underperformed for us in the last few years, they are a long way down the list.

*starts the clock*

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 09:45 - Aug 15 with 5785 viewsSouperJim

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 09:41 - Aug 15 by BlueBadger

*starts the clock*

Is that the bluebadger comprehensible post countdown clock?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 09:55 - Aug 15 with 5763 viewsFarmerpiles

I'd agree 100% their both model pros on and off pitch, didn't say they weren't. But I think they've both associated with the slow decline of the club, a constant thread. Of course it's not all their fault we've ended up in league 1, but they've been part of that journey. We're stuck with Lambert for now, I just don't think a Chambers/Skuse combo is a good idea as next appointment, but I bet ME does.
Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 10:02 - Aug 15 with 5745 viewsHerbivore

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 09:55 - Aug 15 by Farmerpiles

I'd agree 100% their both model pros on and off pitch, didn't say they weren't. But I think they've both associated with the slow decline of the club, a constant thread. Of course it's not all their fault we've ended up in league 1, but they've been part of that journey. We're stuck with Lambert for now, I just don't think a Chambers/Skuse combo is a good idea as next appointment, but I bet ME does.

I'd be more than happy for them to stay on as coaches. They know the club, they've played almost all of their career at a higher level than we're currently at, and they're good role models for younger pros. I don't think either of them are ready to be managers just yet but in the future who knows? It's too narrow minded to write them off because they were here when we got relegated. They were also here during our only decent period in the last 14 years.

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 12:49 - Aug 15 with 5598 viewspatrickswell

I think the ascent of Chambers and Skuse to management roles at Ipswich is not only incredibly likely, but may well be essential for us.

I don’t set much store by it myself but the both meet the Ipswich link criteria.

If they’re working under Evans they will know what his boundaries are and may be well placed to challenge him on these.

As recent players, they will have noticed at close quarters, players who could make a difference to us.

We know that Chambers’s commitment towards looking after the Academy boys shows the measure of someone prepared to not just pay lip service towards the idea of developing talent.

There are questions around a comfort culture and both of them could be implicated in that, I understand. But they have seen the playing staff reduced to rubble around them. They are closer to a Robson/Burley style in that one can imagine them trying to promote a close family feel to the club rather than coming in and trying to put a bomb under things like Hurst or Keane - only to see it blow up in their face.

Crucially, they’ve had a ringside seat over how not to manage a football club having watched Hurst’s failure of man-management and Lambert’s indecisive tinkering at close quarters. They know what to avoid doing at least. We need to hope they would bring enough positive ideas of their own to nudge us back towards basic competency at least and then progress from there.
Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 13:31 - Aug 15 with 5525 viewsRyorry

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 12:49 - Aug 15 by patrickswell

I think the ascent of Chambers and Skuse to management roles at Ipswich is not only incredibly likely, but may well be essential for us.

I don’t set much store by it myself but the both meet the Ipswich link criteria.

If they’re working under Evans they will know what his boundaries are and may be well placed to challenge him on these.

As recent players, they will have noticed at close quarters, players who could make a difference to us.

We know that Chambers’s commitment towards looking after the Academy boys shows the measure of someone prepared to not just pay lip service towards the idea of developing talent.

There are questions around a comfort culture and both of them could be implicated in that, I understand. But they have seen the playing staff reduced to rubble around them. They are closer to a Robson/Burley style in that one can imagine them trying to promote a close family feel to the club rather than coming in and trying to put a bomb under things like Hurst or Keane - only to see it blow up in their face.

Crucially, they’ve had a ringside seat over how not to manage a football club having watched Hurst’s failure of man-management and Lambert’s indecisive tinkering at close quarters. They know what to avoid doing at least. We need to hope they would bring enough positive ideas of their own to nudge us back towards basic competency at least and then progress from there.

Great post 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 13:51 - Aug 15 with 5483 viewsJermynblue

Ideally I would prefer to see some form of succession planning for Chambers and Skuse but understand that the salary cap does not help this. My concern with both is that their legs could go quite quickly in the middle of a season and in the case of Chamber is this happened then I don't see us having options available that I would be comfortable with at present. In central midfield we have plenty of midfielders, but other then Downes, none which are good when we don't have the ball.
Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 13:58 - Aug 15 with 5466 viewshampstead_blue

I would have liked to have seen him gone a year back.

Am not a fan. Talks in cliches (yawn) and plays a poor game.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 19:17 - Aug 15 with 5293 viewstextbackup

good leader - we've lacked leadership on the pitch for 2/3 seasons. the same voice not working for many?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 19:57 - Aug 15 with 5270 viewsbraveblue

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 09:16 - Aug 15 by SouperJim

The heart of the team. Right down the middle. Throughout our decline over the past few years into Division 3 mid table. How can they not be part of the problem? It’s laughable.
Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 20:07 - Aug 15 with 5258 viewsHerbivore

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 19:17 - Aug 15 by textbackup

good leader - we've lacked leadership on the pitch for 2/3 seasons. the same voice not working for many?

I think the bigger issue is we've lacked leadership off the pitch in that time.

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 20:09 - Aug 15 with 5254 viewsHerbivore

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 19:57 - Aug 15 by braveblue

The heart of the team. Right down the middle. Throughout our decline over the past few years into Division 3 mid table. How can they not be part of the problem? It’s laughable.

We were doing fine until Flynn Downes became a regular, then it all went downhill. Then we brought in Woolfy and things got even worse. The spine of the team. How can Flynn and Woolfy not be part of the problem? It's laughable.

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 20:23 - Aug 15 with 5244 viewsShawsey

Some will see his longevity at the club as a problem, but not me. Not in the top 10 CB's in the league, but knows the club inside out, as does Cole. I wouldn't mind them both taking over from Lambert. They get on well, have played at a higher level and will know the youth team extremely well. They have probably seen kids who could make it, that Lambert hasn't. Ipswich will be a huge part of their lives and would want nothing but success for the club. Hope they stay around once their playing days are over.
Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 21:17 - Aug 15 with 5200 viewsIpswichKnight

Them taking over with no coaching experience would be a proper kick in the teeth to the likes Keiron Dyer who have done the coaching badges and coached our younger teams and changed a losing mentality to a winning one.

We’ve been losing for far to long now if Chambers was a cricket captain he’d have been fired long ago. We need a change of voice as captain.
Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 23:08 - Aug 15 with 5129 viewsSuperblue95

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 19:57 - Aug 15 by braveblue

They were also key parts of the Championship play off team.

Chambers and Skuse are your 6/7 out of 10s that every successful team needs. They aren’t meant to be your key players, they’re your solid dependable players that you build the team around with flair players and kids. When you’re relying on them to be your star players is when you’re likely staring relegation in the face.

They don’t deserve the bad rep they get from some. Blame the crap ownership and largely crap management for our decline (as well as the mostly garbage being played around them)

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 01:57 - Aug 16 with 5080 viewseddiespearitt03

Chambers last season should of been the first season he came to this club. LOL. He can now gracefully leave with a few others lingering at this club.

That 5 year plan never started.
Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 02:16 - Aug 16 with 5065 viewsSuperblue95

Chambos last season if we don’t go up ? on 01:57 - Aug 16 by eddiespearitt03

Chambers last season should of been the first season he came to this club. LOL. He can now gracefully leave with a few others lingering at this club.

That 5 year plan never started.

Yes of course.

*Pats the simpleton on the head

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024