Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"The Kids" 12:32 - Aug 10 with 1694 viewsyarmoblue

Are they really good enough to push for a first team place ?
"The Kids" on 12:35 - Aug 10 with 1685 viewsBLUEBEAT

Can they beat the first timers? If they can repeatedly, then the answer is yes.

Poll: W or W

"The Kids" on 12:40 - Aug 10 with 1667 viewsLibero

Realistically...

Kenlock,
Woolfenden,
Jack Lankester, (injury recovery pending)
Tristain Nydam (injury recovery pending)
Flyn Downes,
Andre Dozzell,
Idris El Mizouni,
Armando Dobra,

These are the young men you can expect to push for first team league places, although there's an outside chance that the following could break into reckoning...

Ben Folami,
Ben Morris,
Brett McGavin,
"The Kids" on 12:45 - Aug 10 with 1632 viewsbluewein

"The Kids" on 12:40 - Aug 10 by Libero

Realistically...

Kenlock,
Woolfenden,
Flyn Downes,
Andre Dozzell,
Idris El Mizouni,
Armando Dobra,

These are the young men you can expect to push for first team league places, although there's an outside chance that the following could break into reckoning...

Ben Folami,
Ben Morris,
Brett McGavin,

The potential of 3-4 of those becoming the main men this season excites me.

Also, seems like an absolute age ago that Folami was so, so impressive in that 4-0 win against Reading...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

"The Kids" on 12:48 - Aug 10 with 1613 viewsLibero

"The Kids" on 12:45 - Aug 10 by bluewein

The potential of 3-4 of those becoming the main men this season excites me.

Also, seems like an absolute age ago that Folami was so, so impressive in that 4-0 win against Reading...

Downes and Woolfenden already are the main men, really.

It'd be great to see one from the list push on to their level, but it's quite an ask!
"The Kids" on 12:51 - Aug 10 with 1603 viewsyarmoblue

"The Kids" on 12:40 - Aug 10 by Libero

Realistically...

Kenlock,
Woolfenden,
Flyn Downes,
Andre Dozzell,
Idris El Mizouni,
Armando Dobra,

Ben Folami,
Ben Morris,
Brett McGavin,

Kenlock . make or break season
woolf , proven
Lankester , ?
Nydam ?
Dozz , been around a while , done very little so far
El Miz
Dobra looks exciting prospect
"The Kids" on 12:52 - Aug 10 with 1605 viewsitfcjoe

They don't all need to be, there are a dozen who have been spoken about as potenital first teamers.

There are those who have looked good enough when they did play but picked up bad injuries in Nydam and Lankester

Then Dozzell, Morris, Folami who at least at one time had serious potential, and have had a combination of bad loans, bad injuries and bad luck

Dobra and El Mizouni as the next kids on the block who look ready to push on

Then plenty below them, some a bit older like McGavin, some younger like Crowe or Zak Brown that have had international recognition.

They won't all make it, but they don't all need to - just need to give good and proper opportunities to them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

(No subject) on 12:54 - Aug 10 with 1579 viewsLibero

"The Kids" on 12:51 - Aug 10 by yarmoblue

Kenlock . make or break season
woolf , proven
Lankester , ?
Nydam ?
Dozz , been around a while , done very little so far
El Miz
Dobra looks exciting prospect

I think Kenlock's a perfectly decent full back at this level and has potential to be a Championship player under the right manager.
Think it was clive_baker who said really he needs someone to blow some smoke up his arse, get him full of confidence, people forget that he was a part of that very solid defensive line that started so well last season!
Still, we know Lambert's trying to recruit an experienced head in that position, so we will see...

Lankester is probably the one with the greatest chance of being one of the "main men" it all depends on how he's recovered from the injury really, but he was looking very very talented before his spell on the sidelines.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 12:55]
"The Kids" on 12:56 - Aug 10 with 1564 viewsLibero

"The Kids" on 12:52 - Aug 10 by itfcjoe

They don't all need to be, there are a dozen who have been spoken about as potenital first teamers.

There are those who have looked good enough when they did play but picked up bad injuries in Nydam and Lankester

Then Dozzell, Morris, Folami who at least at one time had serious potential, and have had a combination of bad loans, bad injuries and bad luck

Dobra and El Mizouni as the next kids on the block who look ready to push on

Then plenty below them, some a bit older like McGavin, some younger like Crowe or Zak Brown that have had international recognition.

They won't all make it, but they don't all need to - just need to give good and proper opportunities to them

I'm interested in Dylan Crowe, all that fuss about him not signing a deal and the clubs linked with him, then he signs a deal and we hear nothing. I'd have thought he'd have been involved in a few match day squads by now, even if just for the experience!
Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) on 13:01 - Aug 10 with 1518 viewsHerbivore

(No subject) on 12:54 - Aug 10 by Libero

I think Kenlock's a perfectly decent full back at this level and has potential to be a Championship player under the right manager.
Think it was clive_baker who said really he needs someone to blow some smoke up his arse, get him full of confidence, people forget that he was a part of that very solid defensive line that started so well last season!
Still, we know Lambert's trying to recruit an experienced head in that position, so we will see...

Lankester is probably the one with the greatest chance of being one of the "main men" it all depends on how he's recovered from the injury really, but he was looking very very talented before his spell on the sidelines.

Kenlock as a potential Championship player is a bold shout. I really don't see that kind of ability in him. Think League 1 is his ceiling and even that looks a stretch at the moment.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"The Kids" on 13:02 - Aug 10 with 1521 viewsitfcjoe

"The Kids" on 12:56 - Aug 10 by Libero

I'm interested in Dylan Crowe, all that fuss about him not signing a deal and the clubs linked with him, then he signs a deal and we hear nothing. I'd have thought he'd have been involved in a few match day squads by now, even if just for the experience!

He was injured for nearly all of last season, personally I would still have said he is a way off but he may have been able to bulk up to go with his serious pace - probably the quickest player at covering ground at the club

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

(No subject) on 13:03 - Aug 10 with 1507 viewsLibero

(No subject) on 13:01 - Aug 10 by Herbivore

Kenlock as a potential Championship player is a bold shout. I really don't see that kind of ability in him. Think League 1 is his ceiling and even that looks a stretch at the moment.

Yeah, you said last time I stated this.
"The Kids" on 13:04 - Aug 10 with 1490 viewsLibero

"The Kids" on 13:02 - Aug 10 by itfcjoe

He was injured for nearly all of last season, personally I would still have said he is a way off but he may have been able to bulk up to go with his serious pace - probably the quickest player at covering ground at the club

Ahh, well that makes sense why I seldom saw his name appear!

From the outside it was just interesting that he took so long to decide if he was even going to sign the deal, then heard almost nothing about him the moment he did!

Here's wishing him a prosperous professional year!
(No subject) on 13:06 - Aug 10 with 1473 viewsHalf_Idiot

I honestly believe Kenlock can be a key player for us. He just needs the vote of confidence from the manager and signing an experienced play for that role is in no way going to give him that. Unless of course the manager tells Kenlock that the new recruit is merely cover and he is considered first choice for the season.

He should be played consistently for a few months to prove he can be the player he once showed signs of being.
(No subject) on 13:08 - Aug 10 with 1459 viewsHerbivore

(No subject) on 13:03 - Aug 10 by Libero

Yeah, you said last time I stated this.

And I'm saying it again now. Just as you are stating your view again. I wasn't aware I was only allowed to state my view on Kenlock the once.

"The Kids" on 13:09 - Aug 10 with 1458 viewsDarth_Koont

Who knows?

Downes and Nydam were over 2 years ago. What's depressing is that Folami and Morris were also getting league games back then.

Like Downes, we just have to play them (and Lankester, El Miz, Dobra etc.) more than the odd game here and there. Some won't be good enough for the long term but that's been the same with senior pros too.

Pronouns: He/Him

"The Kids" on 13:10 - Aug 10 with 1444 viewshype313

Can we still call Dozzell a kid?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

(No subject) on 13:12 - Aug 10 with 1433 viewsjasondozzell

I agree about Kenlock. I think he gets unfairly maligned at times. He needs coaching but he is actually fairly solid defensively and quick. He's got more ability going forward than some give him credit for. Lambo obv doesn't fancy him but he was part of that back four that started season well.
(No subject) on 13:14 - Aug 10 with 1413 viewsHerbivore

(No subject) on 13:06 - Aug 10 by Half_Idiot

I honestly believe Kenlock can be a key player for us. He just needs the vote of confidence from the manager and signing an experienced play for that role is in no way going to give him that. Unless of course the manager tells Kenlock that the new recruit is merely cover and he is considered first choice for the season.

He should be played consistently for a few months to prove he can be the player he once showed signs of being.

But he has had runs in the side and he hasn't played very well. Lambert gave him a good run in his first season here and he didn't look up to it and he started last season with the left back position as his own but despite the team picking up points, his individual performances weren't good enough. That's why he was dropped and barely featured again.

He turns 24 in a few months and he's not really improved since he first broke into the team. It's a shame as I like to see our youngsters do well but I don't really see anything in Kenlock that makes me think he's good enough, let alone that he can be a key player for us.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 13:16]

(No subject) on 13:14 - Aug 10 with 1414 viewsLibero

(No subject) on 13:08 - Aug 10 by Herbivore

And I'm saying it again now. Just as you are stating your view again. I wasn't aware I was only allowed to state my view on Kenlock the once.

If I was to guess I'd say that every time I praise Kenlock you're within the first two posts and you're right there to put him down.

Still, I guess the same could be said of me and Knudsen, so play on...
(No subject) on 13:17 - Aug 10 with 1386 viewshype313

(No subject) on 13:14 - Aug 10 by Libero

If I was to guess I'd say that every time I praise Kenlock you're within the first two posts and you're right there to put him down.

Still, I guess the same could be said of me and Knudsen, so play on...

Likewise with me and Pablo....

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

(No subject) on 13:19 - Aug 10 with 1376 viewsLankHenners

(No subject) on 13:12 - Aug 10 by jasondozzell

I agree about Kenlock. I think he gets unfairly maligned at times. He needs coaching but he is actually fairly solid defensively and quick. He's got more ability going forward than some give him credit for. Lambo obv doesn't fancy him but he was part of that back four that started season well.

His biggest problem is that he isn't very solid defensively. He gets on ok at this level as the quality of the opposition isn't as good but he gets caught out too much and allows crosses to come in that should have at least been made a bit more difficult.

His strongest attribute is that he never looks like giving up, even if he's having a bad game he'll keep plugging away which to me makes the 'he plays within himself' argument flawed. He gives it as good as he's got, which is great, but we should be aiming for better.

That said, if he ends up having to play at least half the season at LB I wouldn't be too bothered as it's not a priority area of concern and he's a round peg in a round hole.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

(No subject) on 14:55 - Aug 10 with 1231 viewsHalf_Idiot

(No subject) on 13:14 - Aug 10 by Herbivore

But he has had runs in the side and he hasn't played very well. Lambert gave him a good run in his first season here and he didn't look up to it and he started last season with the left back position as his own but despite the team picking up points, his individual performances weren't good enough. That's why he was dropped and barely featured again.

He turns 24 in a few months and he's not really improved since he first broke into the team. It's a shame as I like to see our youngsters do well but I don't really see anything in Kenlock that makes me think he's good enough, let alone that he can be a key player for us.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 13:16]

Hmm... you raise some good points. Perhaps the optimist in me just wants to believe.
(No subject) on 15:02 - Aug 10 with 1205 viewsHerbivore

(No subject) on 14:55 - Aug 10 by Half_Idiot

Hmm... you raise some good points. Perhaps the optimist in me just wants to believe.

Fair dos. I would much prefer you to be correct on this one. Nothing would make me happier than seeing him mail down a place in the side and flourish.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024