Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grand National 10:12 - Apr 4 with 3361 viewsBrightonBlue

Strange times, but needs must.

Rommers got you usual tips, but this time for the virtual national!!

Grand National on 17:54 - Apr 4 with 883 viewsRyorry

Grand National on 17:52 - Apr 4 by J2BLUE

When the leader fell I was like "OMG NO...oh it's fake isn't it? Nevermind"

Holidays at Potters Leisure Resort :D

Hope the NHS made a lot of money.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Grand National on 17:57 - Apr 4 with 881 viewsPecker

Grand National on 16:18 - Apr 4 by Ryorry

That's a completely different virtual race to the one that's being shown on ITV at 5pm, Pecker.

The ITV one (which is what Rommy's talking about) is using computer algorithms to predict the outcome of this year's race, with the entrants being this year's 40 that would have made it to the real start today. They're then using CGs imposed onto the real course to create the visuals.

More here -

https://www.racingpost.com/news/virtual-grand-national/2020-virtual-grand-nation

https://www.racingpost.com/news/virtual-grand-national/2020-virtual-grand-nation (full list of runners, riders & colours).

Just watched it on ITV. Red Rum still the greatest. I accept your apology in advance.
Grand National on 17:57 - Apr 4 with 881 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Grand National on 17:39 - Apr 4 by J2BLUE

Dad: -£10
Me: -£3 as Tiger Roll placed
Mum: +£54 with donation to NHS

I lost £100

And I’m absolutely buzzing about it. The NHS are worthy of my money and, truth be told, I was gonna donate them a ton if I won anyway

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Grand National on 18:05 - Apr 4 with 865 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Grand National on 11:26 - Apr 4 by The_Romford_Blue

Ok well none were injured. Every horse that ran since the changes ran again after the race And of course. I’m not denying that. There’s deaths at every track at a tiny percentage. I just thought it was worth pointing out since you implied that had you watched the real race, there was a strong chance of seeing an injury. Which in recent years, hasn’t happened at any point in the race. But it’s a minute point so there’s no need for us to continue on it. I shouldn’t have mentioned it really but felt like I had to as a racing person.

I’ve used a few accounts to get round the maximum bet £10 e/w nonsense and so of kimberlite Candy wins, I’ll give a deee decent donation to the charity. If he loses, I’m pleased that the charity gets my money rather than the bookies.

‘A tiny percentage’ is an interesting way of brushing 186 deaths in 2019 under the carpet. Imagine a sport where that many humans died. They’re only horses though so it’s fine, yeah?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Grand National on 18:08 - Apr 4 with 858 viewsRyorry

Grand National on 17:57 - Apr 4 by Pecker

Just watched it on ITV. Red Rum still the greatest. I accept your apology in advance.

They showed both Pecker, the "Race of Champions" first, immediately followed by this year's virtual GN - which was what Rommy had been referring to.

I am delighted that Rummy got to keep his outstanding record tho - the race was so much harder with unmodified fences back then, it's a title which should never be taken away from him - would be like comparing apples with potatoes!

Grand National on 18:15 - Apr 4 with 840 viewsPecker

Grand National on 18:08 - Apr 4 by Ryorry

They showed both Pecker, the "Race of Champions" first, immediately followed by this year's virtual GN - which was what Rommy had been referring to.

I am delighted that Rummy got to keep his outstanding record tho - the race was so much harder with unmodified fences back then, it's a title which should never be taken away from him - would be like comparing apples with potatoes!

When the view was pulled back, it looked like the real thing. Very smart people who did that. Enjoyed both, although not a clue about the modern one. I use to have a little flutter from time to time, but haven't watched any horse racing for years.
Grand National on 18:16 - Apr 4 with 836 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Grand National on 11:12 - Apr 4 by The_Romford_Blue

Worth pointing out, since they introduced the new wafer national fences, no horse has died in the race. And that was a few years back now when those changes were made.

Also this is fake news given that Up For Review was put down following the 2019 race. Not to mention 2 other horses which died during the weekend as a result of safe wafer fences

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Grand National on 18:23 - Apr 4 with 822 viewsRyorry

Grand National on 18:15 - Apr 4 by Pecker

When the view was pulled back, it looked like the real thing. Very smart people who did that. Enjoyed both, although not a clue about the modern one. I use to have a little flutter from time to time, but haven't watched any horse racing for years.

Have to say I found the CG a bit disappointing - the horses' jumping looked nothing like the real thing - maybe they should have consulted Nick Park of Gromit fame - he knws how to capture animal movement correctly.

Was amazed that I found watching Rummy just sneaking it so exciting and emotional - took me right back - it was one of the few things that got our whole family round the TV watching. TWTD.

Login to get fewer ads

Grand National on 18:31 - Apr 4 with 795 viewsPecker

Grand National on 18:23 - Apr 4 by Ryorry

Have to say I found the CG a bit disappointing - the horses' jumping looked nothing like the real thing - maybe they should have consulted Nick Park of Gromit fame - he knws how to capture animal movement correctly.

Was amazed that I found watching Rummy just sneaking it so exciting and emotional - took me right back - it was one of the few things that got our whole family round the TV watching. TWTD.

When close up I agree, but on the long shots, I thought it was pretty realistic. Like you say, I was cheering when Red Rum won. Not sure how they worked out that the winner of the 2 previous races, only came 3rd this time round.
Grand National on 19:28 - Apr 4 with 757 viewsGirthyguy

Grand National on 17:57 - Apr 4 by The_Romford_Blue

I lost £100

And I’m absolutely buzzing about it. The NHS are worthy of my money and, truth be told, I was gonna donate them a ton if I won anyway

The best 100 you will ever lose. I feel guilty because I claimed 2 months worth of BT Sport back rather than donating it to the NHS. But I could really do with any cash from anywhere in these hard times.
Grand National on 21:45 - Apr 4 with 717 viewsTrequartista

Did anyone else wince when that horse went down head first?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Grand National on 22:15 - Apr 4 with 700 viewsxrayspecs

Grand National on 21:45 - Apr 4 by Trequartista

Did anyone else wince when that horse went down head first?

Yes, but as I explained to the kids, CTRL-ALT-DEL was so much better for them than the normal intervention.
Grand National on 22:26 - Apr 4 with 692 viewsJ2BLUE

Grand National on 19:28 - Apr 4 by Girthyguy

The best 100 you will ever lose. I feel guilty because I claimed 2 months worth of BT Sport back rather than donating it to the NHS. But I could really do with any cash from anywhere in these hard times.

Don't feel guilty. It's a very difficult time. I did the same. I will make it up when I have the extra cash. For now I can't be paying for services i'm not getting (final ST payment aside).

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024