Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jesus - "probably until the end of May, maybe even early June"” 12:25 - Mar 29 with 5539 viewsunstableblue

At least 8 more weeks of this!! Can’t quite imagine that.

That is going to really hurt the self employed and those who’ve been laid off temporarily.

Government will have to get renumeration in order very soon.

Terrible for the economy, and people’s mental health. 8 weeks of lock down.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Jesus - "probably until the end of May, maybe even early June"” on 20:08 - Mar 29 with 1177 viewsSarge

Jesus - "probably until the end of May, maybe even early June"” on 14:27 - Mar 29 by NotSure

If there is no vaccine available until next year then the people who got a text from the government telling them they are "most at risk", aren't leaving their houses until next year.

What we are doing isn't necessarily saving lives, it's all about making sure everyone doesn't die at the same time.

There may not be a vaccine but I’d imagine there would be effective treatment in the form of antivirals before then. Would drastically reduce the death and hospitalisation rate and therefore the severity of this virus. I don’t remember too much about the swine flu pandemic but it infected over a billion people, we had tamiflu and the world carried on pretty close to normal.
Jesus - "probably until the end of May, maybe even early June"” on 20:14 - Mar 29 with 1166 viewsSwansea_Blue

No surprise at all. When this all kicked off we looked at what had happened elsewhere and made a decision as a business that we'd be putting processes in place until end-July in the first instance. The main aim is to push the peak to as close to Huly as possible, to give the NHS a better chance of coping. That's the peak. So if we get the ideal outcome, we'll be on lockdown until then and then still have measures in place for a while afterwards. 'Normal' may not be back until 2021.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Jesus - "probably until the end of May, maybe even early June"” on 20:57 - Mar 29 with 1130 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Jesus - "probably until the end of May, maybe even early June"” on 20:14 - Mar 29 by Swansea_Blue

No surprise at all. When this all kicked off we looked at what had happened elsewhere and made a decision as a business that we'd be putting processes in place until end-July in the first instance. The main aim is to push the peak to as close to Huly as possible, to give the NHS a better chance of coping. That's the peak. So if we get the ideal outcome, we'll be on lockdown until then and then still have measures in place for a while afterwards. 'Normal' may not be back until 2021.

So more or less a year of life written-off.

The thought makes me want to cry.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Jesus - "probably until the end of May, maybe even early June"” on 21:22 - Mar 29 with 1116 viewsjeera

Remuneration.

And to be fair, the government are on it. People know they will receive something, but yes tiding over will be difficult for many people. Staying alive is also important.

As for people whining about being bored after a few days I don't understand.

I thought it was hard to get kids out the door nowadays as they spend their lives on their computers et al.

And everyone else always seems to have their faces stuck in their phone anyway so why is this suddenly an issue?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Jesus - on 22:03 - Mar 29 with 1072 viewsblueconscience

They are delusional if they think companies and sole traders can survive up to 6 months of little to no income. And how long will they be able to help the bigger companies with this 80% wage scheme?

There has to be a time when the risk is lower, we just get on with life. If we all carry on living with this current fear, when will that fear ever end?
[Post edited 29 Mar 2020 22:22]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Jesus - "probably until the end of May, maybe even early June"” on 22:14 - Mar 29 with 1045 viewsjimmyvet

Jesus - "probably until the end of May, maybe even early June"” on 13:56 - Mar 29 by vapour_trail

I don’t understand this.

I have some people who are finding it difficult, but not people viewing it as a holiday. Our people are busy and working bloody hard to keep the show in the road.

Ditto my experience over 120 staff working very very hard absolutely no free loaders to date and don’t expect that to change.
Jesus - on 22:21 - Mar 29 with 1018 viewsjeera

Jesus - on 22:03 - Mar 29 by blueconscience

They are delusional if they think companies and sole traders can survive up to 6 months of little to no income. And how long will they be able to help the bigger companies with this 80% wage scheme?

There has to be a time when the risk is lower, we just get on with life. If we all carry on living with this current fear, when will that fear ever end?
[Post edited 29 Mar 2020 22:22]

This has being going on for 5 minutes and much of the proposed help is yet to kick-in for weeks.

And yet we have people complaining about the length of time this has been going on.

Do people want somebody to give the virus a call and ask roughly what time it will be over with?

"Just get on with life". Dear god. You may be missing the point a tad there.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Jesus - on 22:26 - Mar 29 with 1010 viewsblueconscience

Jesus - on 22:21 - Mar 29 by jeera

This has being going on for 5 minutes and much of the proposed help is yet to kick-in for weeks.

And yet we have people complaining about the length of time this has been going on.

Do people want somebody to give the virus a call and ask roughly what time it will be over with?

"Just get on with life". Dear god. You may be missing the point a tad there.

Well I don’t fancy being stuck in the house for up to 6 months which will eventually lead to not being able to pay the bills and mortgage.

There comes a point, when the risk is not high enough to cost people their Livelihoods and we need to return to normal. But if you are happy with financial meltdown for lot’s of people, then good for you.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2020 22:27]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Login to get fewer ads

Jesus - on 22:37 - Mar 29 with 967 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jesus - on 22:26 - Mar 29 by blueconscience

Well I don’t fancy being stuck in the house for up to 6 months which will eventually lead to not being able to pay the bills and mortgage.

There comes a point, when the risk is not high enough to cost people their Livelihoods and we need to return to normal. But if you are happy with financial meltdown for lot’s of people, then good for you.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2020 22:27]

We have to put the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in this country before our own personal finances.

And yes, I accept that there is a balance as a tanked economy can cause many people to lose their lives as well.

I’m glad it’s not me making the decisions.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2020 22:39]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jesus - on 22:42 - Mar 29 with 954 viewsblueconscience

Jesus - on 22:37 - Mar 29 by GlasgowBlue

We have to put the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in this country before our own personal finances.

And yes, I accept that there is a balance as a tanked economy can cause many people to lose their lives as well.

I’m glad it’s not me making the decisions.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2020 22:39]

And how many hundreds of thousands will end up losing their homes due to lack of support/income?

This government scheme won’t last forever, and it doesn’t even help a lot of those people who would be likely to lose everything. Anything over 3 months will be disastrous.

Jesus - on 22:51 - Mar 29 with 931 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jesus - on 22:42 - Mar 29 by blueconscience

And how many hundreds of thousands will end up losing their homes due to lack of support/income?

This government scheme won’t last forever, and it doesn’t even help a lot of those people who would be likely to lose everything. Anything over 3 months will be disastrous.

What’s the solution then? Quarantine London and a few other big cities whilst opening the rest of the country up to some normality? A complete lockdown of anyone over the age of 70 and those with underlying health conditions? Let the virus do it’s job and take those people out?

There are no easy answers. Morally we are doing the right thing. In three months let’s see where we are.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jesus - "probably until the end of May, maybe even early June"” on 23:01 - Mar 29 with 915 viewsTheonlywayisup

What I find strange is people seem surprised still. I would be very very surprised if this is only going on another 8 weeks.
Jesus - on 23:01 - Mar 29 with 914 viewsblueconscience

Jesus - on 22:51 - Mar 29 by GlasgowBlue

What’s the solution then? Quarantine London and a few other big cities whilst opening the rest of the country up to some normality? A complete lockdown of anyone over the age of 70 and those with underlying health conditions? Let the virus do it’s job and take those people out?

There are no easy answers. Morally we are doing the right thing. In three months let’s see where we are.

I am not saying return to normal at this moment as I can understand a short to medium Isolation (up to 3 months, if really necessary).

Anything beyond 3 months, when will it end, after 6 months? after 12 months?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024