Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've joined the cycling scum 13:37 - Mar 21 with 9502 viewsgiant_stow

apologies to all decent people.

How realistic is for a totally unfit 45 year old to do a round trip of 12 miles and how long would it take?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I've joined the cycling scum on 14:54 - Mar 22 with 335 viewsbluelagos

I've joined the cycling scum on 09:51 - Mar 22 by StokieBlue

What are peoples thoughts on meeting up to cycle?

Given you can't really get within 1.5m of people whilst cycling and you're not going to get water droplets from someone in your eyes when you're both going 20mph is it a socially acceptable form of exercise at the moment?

Or should it be an individual endeavour?

SB

Got no issues myself, though all of mine is solo. Guess most important thing is when you stop to fuel, make sure you are a suitable distance.

Noticably fewer cyclists out today, maybe cos it was a bit fresh tbf.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I've joined the cycling scum on 10:20 - Mar 23 with 295 viewsKBsSocks

I've joined the cycling scum on 20:54 - Mar 21 by bluelagos

You ever done any proper long distant stuff?

I cycled 3000km across Europe in 7 weeks. Hard saddle was the way to go for me (though I did have a gel cover that I used occasionally for a few days, and adjusted the seat height accordingly). A VERY hard saddle worked best, for me, I found.

I also use a women's saddle extensively on one of my bikes these days, and that is good at "spreading the load". (I'm male, by the way).
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 10:22]

Poll: Are Phil and Gav doing a great job re-TWTD ?
Blog: Comparison Time Again

I've joined the cycling scum on 10:57 - Mar 23 with 280 viewsTIB

Love cycling, although use a mountain bike for everything. My trusty Felt Nine 80 has hauled me through wind and rain in Iceland and up and around mountains and fjords in Norway. It is starting to show it's age though, I just don't have the heart to ditch it...it clocked up another 15 miles last night.

Last summer I did cheat on it though, I flew to Helsinki, purchased a super cheap retro bike and made my way to Tromso on it. A true slog and test of endurance but got there and made some great memories along the way. Video below from it.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

I've joined the cycling scum on 10:59 - Mar 23 with 276 viewsgiant_stow

I've joined the cycling scum on 10:57 - Mar 23 by TIB

Love cycling, although use a mountain bike for everything. My trusty Felt Nine 80 has hauled me through wind and rain in Iceland and up and around mountains and fjords in Norway. It is starting to show it's age though, I just don't have the heart to ditch it...it clocked up another 15 miles last night.

Last summer I did cheat on it though, I flew to Helsinki, purchased a super cheap retro bike and made my way to Tromso on it. A true slog and test of endurance but got there and made some great memories along the way. Video below from it.

Sounds like massive fun!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024