Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well I thought that was much much better today 21:16 - Mar 7 with 7819 viewsBrixtonBlue

The players actually had some fight in them. Couldn't fault the effort and there were some decent passages of play. Lambert also made the right subs IMO. Only thing he got wrong was the bizarre choice of Norris again.

In isolation that was a decent performance against the top team.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Well I thought that was much much better today on 23:34 - Mar 7 with 2338 viewsNotMarcusEvans

Well I thought that was much much better today on 23:23 - Mar 7 by monytowbray

Says the guy who name dropped me. Your act is worn out. Get a new one.

New acts? Aren't you a bloke pushing forty who still dresses like an emo?
Well I thought that was much much better today on 23:42 - Mar 7 with 2319 viewsmonytowbray

Well I thought that was much much better today on 23:34 - Mar 7 by NotMarcusEvans

New acts? Aren't you a bloke pushing forty who still dresses like an emo?

Pushing 40? Emo?

ok boomer!

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Well I thought that was much much better today on 23:43 - Mar 7 with 2315 viewsLankHenners

Well I thought that was much much better today on 23:20 - Mar 7 by BrixtonBlue

What part of "in isolation" are you struggling with?

?

Not scoring/creating chances has been a problem for a while. Clearly you want to have your first choice strikers available but there’ve been plenty of games where they have been and we’ve seen performances like today.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:15 - Mar 8 with 2274 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well I thought that was much much better today on 23:24 - Mar 7 by SpruceMoose

I agree with you Dollers. I don't think a lack of effort has been the issue this year in the slightest. The chopping and changing, the ever changing formations, line ups and tactics... That's the issue.

We might not have the best players, but I'm pretty sure they aren't enjoying this season anymore than we are.

Yeah I agree. I was just talking about this game.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:24 - Mar 8 with 2261 viewsBlueBadger

Well I thought that was much much better today on 23:02 - Mar 7 by monytowbray

Nah, he’s not wrong. It still wasn’t good enough though.

You however didn’t go so your opinion on what happened at the game in relation to fans has about as much point as a concrete airbag.

In all fairness, I'm still wondering who these 'happy clapping' supporters who are genuinely HAPPY with what's going. Other than Dollers, I don't think they exist.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:25 - Mar 8 with 2259 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well I thought that was much much better today on 23:43 - Mar 7 by LankHenners

?

Not scoring/creating chances has been a problem for a while. Clearly you want to have your first choice strikers available but there’ve been plenty of games where they have been and we’ve seen performances like today.

I'm talking about today's game only. I've had to spell it out twice to you now.

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:26 - Mar 8 with 2257 viewsBlueBadger

Well I thought that was much much better today on 22:55 - Mar 7 by jasondozzell

Agree. It wasn't a bad game and we played some decent stuff but our achilles heel is the same it's been all season - we don't create enough clear cut chances/shots on goal. Always going to be tough today with three strikers out.

Coventry were well organised but thought we were the better team for long spells.

Our achilles heel is that our manager won't put out a settled side, coach or effectively motivate his players.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:29 - Mar 8 with 2254 viewsBlueBadger

Well I thought that was much much better today on 22:37 - Mar 7 by BrixtonBlue

I just say what I see.

If you're not seeing that Paul Lambert is a terrible football manager by now, I recommend a better optician.

Login to get fewer ads

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:30 - Mar 8 with 2255 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:24 - Mar 8 by BlueBadger

In all fairness, I'm still wondering who these 'happy clapping' supporters who are genuinely HAPPY with what's going. Other than Dollers, I don't think they exist.

I am happy, but not with the football.

I also haven't clapped the players at the end of the game for a while.

So I'm not really what you'd describe as a 'clapper'.

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:37 - Mar 8 with 2247 viewsmonytowbray

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:24 - Mar 8 by BlueBadger

For me it’s more a sentiment or not taking action. We’re cheering our way to failure and I think we’re the only set of fans like it. A lot of neutrals are amazed we’ve not been raging years ago.

And then you have the people who come on saying not GeTtInG bEhInD tHe TeAm aren’t true fans. In fairness the SBR did more than the crap we’ve been serving up deserved today, and then they moan when the atmosphere turns toxic as if the players have the divine right to have their feelings spared. Yet I’ve not had mine or my wallet spared for over a decade now. What more do they want?

I mean, are the Blackpool fans who disrupted games not true fans? We’re not talking knee jerk over reactions to the odd loss anymore, we are now in the “well it could be worse, be grateful you aren’t XXX” phase and other teams now use that comparison with us. Issue is it’s been so slow and spun by the Evans regime that I think some fans can’t even see the wood from the trees now.

Something about that bit in 1984 and the chocolate rations.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:39 - Mar 8 with 2245 viewsJohnny_Boy

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:26 - Mar 8 by BlueBadger

Our achilles heel is that our manager won't put out a settled side, coach or effectively motivate his players.

You’ve witnessed this with your own eyes - or just lazily rehashed selected board members’ snippets?

Asking for a friend.
Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:39 - Mar 8 with 2243 viewsBlueBadger

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:30 - Mar 8 by BrixtonBlue

I am happy, but not with the football.

I also haven't clapped the players at the end of the game for a while.

So I'm not really what you'd describe as a 'clapper'.

But it's the manager that you keep defending who's responsible for the football...

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:40 - Mar 8 with 2243 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:29 - Mar 8 by BlueBadger

If you're not seeing that Paul Lambert is a terrible football manager by now, I recommend a better optician.

Where have I said I'm not seeing that? WHAT PART OF IN ISOLATION ARE YOU NOT SEEING?

I wonder why I post on here.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:50 - Mar 8 with 2223 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:39 - Mar 8 by BlueBadger

But it's the manager that you keep defending who's responsible for the football...

Can you read the OP again and have another go on what I'm actually saying? I know it seems difficult, but it's not really.

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:51 - Mar 8 with 2221 viewsBlueBadger

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:39 - Mar 8 by Johnny_Boy

You’ve witnessed this with your own eyes - or just lazily rehashed selected board members’ snippets?

Asking for a friend.

Frankly Jubbers, if it's obvious to part-timer like me, it should be obvious to a superfan like you.

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:54 - Mar 8 with 2213 viewsBlueBadger

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:50 - Mar 8 by BrixtonBlue

Can you read the OP again and have another go on what I'm actually saying? I know it seems difficult, but it's not really.

'The players actually had some fight in them. Couldn't fault the effort and there were some decent passages of play. Lambert also made the right subs IMO. Only thing he got wrong was the bizarre choice of Norris again.

In isolation that was a decent performance against the top team.'

You're saying today was 'better'. end of the day i wasn't. We still went down toothlessly. It wasn't even a decent performance 'in isolation' given that we've managed to stroll to 3 and 4 goal margin wins in this division when something resembling a coherent team has been stumbled upon.

I'll give you Norris though. Neither of our keepers are great, but he should bloody pick a number one and stick to them.

Well I thought that was much much better today on 01:16 - Mar 8 with 2188 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:54 - Mar 8 by BlueBadger

'The players actually had some fight in them. Couldn't fault the effort and there were some decent passages of play. Lambert also made the right subs IMO. Only thing he got wrong was the bizarre choice of Norris again.

In isolation that was a decent performance against the top team.'

You're saying today was 'better'. end of the day i wasn't. We still went down toothlessly. It wasn't even a decent performance 'in isolation' given that we've managed to stroll to 3 and 4 goal margin wins in this division when something resembling a coherent team has been stumbled upon.

I'll give you Norris though. Neither of our keepers are great, but he should bloody pick a number one and stick to them.

"You're saying today was 'better'. end of the day i wasn't."

Finally we can agree on something.

Well I thought that was much much better today on 07:13 - Mar 8 with 2134 viewsSitfcB

Well I thought that was much much better today on 22:41 - Mar 7 by BrixtonBlue

Were you?

Didn’t have a drop all day.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Well I thought that was much much better today on 07:22 - Mar 8 with 2125 viewsElephantintheRoom

You'll be wetting yourself when the opposition goalie has something to do then?

Actually your comment is valid .... Town are perhaps the 9th or 10th best team in this division.... and as such are capable of playing well occasionally. Something for a manager with a five year contract to build on.... if only the 'supporters; could recognise that the current squad is bloated with underperformers from last season, perma-injuries - and very few decent players.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Well I thought that was much much better today on 10:25 - Mar 8 with 2058 viewsLankHenners

Well I thought that was much much better today on 00:25 - Mar 8 by BrixtonBlue

I'm talking about today's game only. I've had to spell it out twice to you now.

Context still matters. We’ve had a problem with creating and scoring chances for a while. If we’d been creating and scoring loads then suddenly dropped off today because we only had 1 senior striker available then ‘we only had 1 striker today’ could be used as a reasonable excuse. Similarly, if we’d created loads of chances yesterday and Sears repeatedly failed to take them then it’d be an excuse with some merit. As we didn’t, it isn’t.

Well I thought that was much much better today on 10:29 - Mar 8 with 2052 viewsr2d2

Easily pleased. Im chuffed for you.
Well I thought that was much much better today on 10:31 - Mar 8 with 2047 viewsNthQldITFC

Well I thought that was much much better today on 22:43 - Mar 7 by Eireannach_gorm

Cat sh!t is worse than Elephant sh!t..

I concur, although I'd still marginally prefer having cats jumping over me fence panels. Bstards.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Well I thought that was much much better today on 10:54 - Mar 8 with 2145 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well I thought that was much much better today on 10:25 - Mar 8 by LankHenners

Context still matters. We’ve had a problem with creating and scoring chances for a while. If we’d been creating and scoring loads then suddenly dropped off today because we only had 1 senior striker available then ‘we only had 1 striker today’ could be used as a reasonable excuse. Similarly, if we’d created loads of chances yesterday and Sears repeatedly failed to take them then it’d be an excuse with some merit. As we didn’t, it isn’t.

I said earlier in the thread "I agree we have no cutting edge". What is it you're disagreeing with?

Well I thought that was much much better today on 10:58 - Mar 8 with 2130 viewsLankHenners

Well I thought that was much much better today on 10:54 - Mar 8 by BrixtonBlue

I said earlier in the thread "I agree we have no cutting edge". What is it you're disagreeing with?

Then why were you trying to make a point out of having strikers missing? It’s factually accurate but isn’t really relevant, as you seem to accept.

Well I thought that was much much better today on 11:02 - Mar 8 with 2120 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well I thought that was much much better today on 10:58 - Mar 8 by LankHenners

Then why were you trying to make a point out of having strikers missing? It’s factually accurate but isn’t really relevant, as you seem to accept.

Surely we'd have more chance of scoring if we had our first choice strikers available?

You're trying to drag me down a different path. Just read the OP and tell me exactly what you disagree with. Don't forget to read the subject title as well. Everything I wanted to say is in that OP.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024