Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... 13:12 - Mar 4 with 11987 viewsKieran_Knows

... to take over.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 13:56 - Mar 4 with 4335 viewsKieran_Knows

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 13:54 - Mar 4 by r2d2

The football is sh!t now or hadnt you noticed?

That's my point ....

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 13:57 - Mar 4 with 4318 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 13:38 - Mar 4 by SouperJim

Prior to the contract extension then, to take over in January. I was told, by someone with playing connections to the club, that former playing staff were consulted with a view to potentially being Warnock's understudy. Dyer's name was mentioned.

Ah that makes more sense - especially with Lambert’s new deal having seemingly taken a while it would figure that we would be looking at other options in case things came to a head

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Can't believe how long Evans takes to sort it out on 13:59 - Mar 4 with 4306 viewsPositivelyPortman

Can't believe how long Evans takes to sort it out on 13:53 - Mar 4 by Dyland

i said elsewhere that In any other business a senior project manager overseeing this shambles would be fired immediately for gross incompetence. The impact of failure is heinous for ITFC. And Lambert's failure is not only catastrophic but absolutely his own.

Yes, yes, I know Evans is ultimately to blame for the club's malaise, along with external factors. Evans didn't pick that formation last night though did he.

And for emphasis... thinking Lambert should have been sacked ages ago and thinking Evans is an unmitigated failure as well are not mutually exclusive positions to take.

I totally agree with that.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 14:00 - Mar 4 with 4291 viewswrightsrightglove

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 13:48 - Mar 4 by SouperJim

It's not exactly building for the future, but surely we'd be better organised and more competent than the current shtshow.

Just needs someone to get a grip of the club and someone who will stand up to Evans. I'd take Warnock if he'll do the rest of this season and next season, with a young assistant (Dyer or similar) who could be moulded into the next manager to take over from him eventually.
Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 14:02 - Mar 4 with 4260 viewsSouperJim

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 13:57 - Mar 4 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Ah that makes more sense - especially with Lambert’s new deal having seemingly taken a while it would figure that we would be looking at other options in case things came to a head

Yes I think that was the situation, we started discussing a new contract with Lambert while the going was good. It then went to crap and we decided to consider other options including Warnock, Lambert threw his toys out of his pram to the press because his contract talks had stalled and Evans blinked first, giving him a 5 year deal despite the complete collapse of our form.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 14:03 - Mar 4 with 4266 viewsDyland

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 13:51 - Mar 4 by Kieran_Knows

Great, and then we'll be in the same position in 12 months time when the football on show is sh*t and we'll be calling for his head as well. Would just about sum Evans up if this happens.

Peak PEAK banter....

McCarthy losing to Lincoln on BBC1 with his players kicking the ball into their own faces! Fans turning on McCarthy and wanting something fresh, something new, and a young hungry manager.

Hiring Hurst! Fans lapping up his early pressers saying what a breath of fresh air he was when he said nothing at all interesting or new, did nothing good, and proceeding to be the most incompetent clown I've ever seen at Portman Road.

Lambert having an even worse record than Hurst! In division 3! Lollers!

Lambert getting sacked far too late, and wait for it... wait for it.... COLIN BEING EMPLOYED!

All of this without having to even mention Keane and Jewell and all the utter incompetence and p1ss taking.

Evans!! Peak, peak, PEAK.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 14:04 - Mar 4 with 4239 viewsSouperJim

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 14:00 - Mar 4 by wrightsrightglove

Just needs someone to get a grip of the club and someone who will stand up to Evans. I'd take Warnock if he'll do the rest of this season and next season, with a young assistant (Dyer or similar) who could be moulded into the next manager to take over from him eventually.

I believe this is exactly what was being considered prior to giving Lambert a new deal.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Hammo will be along in a minute.... on 14:05 - Mar 4 with 4218 viewsBloots

....to say there's nothing in it.

I wouldn't get too excited/worried/suicidal/erect.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 14:11 - Mar 4 with 4160 viewsBent_double

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 13:48 - Mar 4 by SouperJim

It's not exactly building for the future, but surely we'd be better organised and more competent than the current shtshow.

Exactly.

We need to stop the rot now. When you've got senior players like Judge coming out saying this is the lowest they've ever felt in their career, you know the current management team are not able to turn in around.

Our whole squad is devoid of any confidence, they're sh!t scared of making a mistake that leads to an opposition goal, so they don't even try to play attacking, adventurous football.

Get Colin in now, see what he can do with them.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 14:12 - Mar 4 with 4154 viewsKieran_Knows

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 14:03 - Mar 4 by Dyland

Peak PEAK banter....

McCarthy losing to Lincoln on BBC1 with his players kicking the ball into their own faces! Fans turning on McCarthy and wanting something fresh, something new, and a young hungry manager.

Hiring Hurst! Fans lapping up his early pressers saying what a breath of fresh air he was when he said nothing at all interesting or new, did nothing good, and proceeding to be the most incompetent clown I've ever seen at Portman Road.

Lambert having an even worse record than Hurst! In division 3! Lollers!

Lambert getting sacked far too late, and wait for it... wait for it.... COLIN BEING EMPLOYED!

All of this without having to even mention Keane and Jewell and all the utter incompetence and p1ss taking.

Evans!! Peak, peak, PEAK.

These are the days buh!

Can't believe how long Evans takes to sort it out on 14:14 - Mar 4 with 4138 viewsBlueBadger

Can't believe how long Evans takes to sort it out on 13:53 - Mar 4 by Dyland

i said elsewhere that In any other business a senior project manager overseeing this shambles would be fired immediately for gross incompetence. The impact of failure is heinous for ITFC. And Lambert's failure is not only catastrophic but absolutely his own.

Yes, yes, I know Evans is ultimately to blame for the club's malaise, along with external factors. Evans didn't pick that formation last night though did he.

And for emphasis... thinking Lambert should have been sacked ages ago and thinking Evans is an unmitigated failure as well are not mutually exclusive positions to take.

As I've been saying for a while now, Evans is responsible for us ending up in division 3, Lambert for the fact that we're likely to be there for the long haul.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 14:21 - Mar 4 with 4093 viewsitfcjoe

I think a big difference between Mick's style of football and Warnock's - but this is too late for this season and not what I want for next season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 14:26 - Mar 4 with 4046 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 14:04 - Mar 4 by SouperJim

I believe this is exactly what was being considered prior to giving Lambert a new deal.

I'd heard from someone who had heard from Dyer that Warnock had been spoken too so there obviously is a relationship between KD and NW, I wonder whether Craig Bellamy involved too

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 14:27 - Mar 4 with 4042 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Not personally for me. Too little too late this time around.

And isn't a long term solution, no point.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 14:30 - Mar 4 with 4013 viewsFenland_Blue

Cant see it happening.

Would be fun though to see Farke trying to shake Warnocks hand, chasing him around PR and Warnock telling him to f off.

Up and mainly down, following Town since 88

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 14:30 - Mar 4 with 4010 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 14:04 - Mar 4 by SouperJim

I'd be behind this. Has to be a long term solution there behind Warnock though.

Did Dyer go to Cardiff from us, or I have I made that up?

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 14:46 - Mar 4 with 3946 viewsBerkshire_Blue

Colin needs about 12 games to get to 1500, that's all he's interested in
Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 15:04 - Mar 4 with 3878 viewsStewart27

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 13:51 - Mar 4 by Kieran_Knows

Great, and then we'll be in the same position in 12 months time when the football on show is sh*t and we'll be calling for his head as well. Would just about sum Evans up if this happens.

Jesus man the football is utter garbage now. Plus we’re in league one so I don’t know what you are expecting? At least Warnock would give us a chance of getting up next year.
Hammo will be along in a minute.... on 15:17 - Mar 4 with 3828 viewsRyorry

Hammo will be along in a minute.... on 14:05 - Mar 4 by Bloots

....to say there's nothing in it.

I wouldn't get too excited/worried/suicidal/erect.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 15:18 - Mar 4 with 3823 viewsRyorry

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 14:11 - Mar 4 by Bent_double

Exactly.

We need to stop the rot now. When you've got senior players like Judge coming out saying this is the lowest they've ever felt in their career, you know the current management team are not able to turn in around.

Our whole squad is devoid of any confidence, they're sh!t scared of making a mistake that leads to an opposition goal, so they don't even try to play attacking, adventurous football.

Get Colin in now, see what he can do with them.

How many times have we heard that before ... (rhetorical question).

Talk about groundhog day :(

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 15:23 - Mar 4 with 3799 viewsRyorry

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 14:26 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

I'd heard from someone who had heard from Dyer that Warnock had been spoken too so there obviously is a relationship between KD and NW, I wonder whether Craig Bellamy involved too

I hope you're wrong about Bellamy at least - I've had more than enough for now with the N****h connections/comparisons thanks v. much!

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 15:28 - Mar 4 with 3782 viewsBigManBlue

Get him in. What's the worst that could happen....

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 15:53 - Mar 4 with 3750 viewsStadiumofdark

Colin and Dyer - almost a dream team.
Colin retires in two years after leading us to the Prem

Dyer takes over....with Peralta, Magilton and Tarrico on the coaching staff.

200 extra staff on the bars

North Stand roof is cleaned.

Wonderful. Wonderful
Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 16:24 - Mar 4 with 3705 viewsKieran_Knows

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 15:04 - Mar 4 by Stewart27

Jesus man the football is utter garbage now. Plus we’re in league one so I don’t know what you are expecting? At least Warnock would give us a chance of getting up next year.

As I said earlier, that's my point ....

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 16:25 - Mar 4 with 3701 viewsKieran_Knows

Paul Lambert facing the sack with Neil Warnock set ... on 14:26 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

Presume Dyer never followed Bellamy out to Anderlecht?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024