Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really not enjoying many games........ 16:34 - Feb 23 with 1485 viewsBanburyBlue

and I think in general its not just our poor play but the timewasting, falling, diving, cheating, refereeing and general lack of attacking instinct that all teams have these days.
Its been so hard watching us for years now, will we ever enjoy watching football again?

Banbury Blue Back in Town

Really not enjoying many games........ on 18:53 - Feb 23 with 1328 viewsGuthrum

Yes. When (if) we start winning regularly again.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Really not enjoying many games........ on 21:31 - Feb 23 with 1225 viewsbackwaywhen

I enjoy the pre match drink , chat and banter , then the first 10/15 mins of match until the reality kicks in that we aren’t really that good any more ..... !
Really not enjoying many games........ on 08:17 - Feb 24 with 1104 viewsitfcjoe

League 1 is a real sh*thouse of a division, nearly every team plays to the dark arts as there is a lack of quality in general and the refs are weak as.

I'm not enjoying this division at all, but looks like I'll have to get used to it.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Really not enjoying many games........ on 08:20 - Feb 24 with 1091 viewsr2d2

People wanted rid of Mick and this is what you get. How being in this league was ever a good idea that some thought l will never know.
Really not enjoying many games........ on 08:20 - Feb 24 with 1092 viewsartsbossbeard

Really not enjoying many games........ on 08:17 - Feb 24 by itfcjoe

League 1 is a real sh*thouse of a division, nearly every team plays to the dark arts as there is a lack of quality in general and the refs are weak as.

I'm not enjoying this division at all, but looks like I'll have to get used to it.

Saw that Robinson apologised for "cheating" Saturday.

Don't think I've seen it mentioned but I think also that Garbutt was v lucky to get away with his early foul, which looked high up the oppo's leg after he mis-controlled the ball.

No card.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Really not enjoying many games........ on 08:38 - Feb 24 with 1063 viewsitfcjoe

Really not enjoying many games........ on 08:20 - Feb 24 by artsbossbeard

Saw that Robinson apologised for "cheating" Saturday.

Don't think I've seen it mentioned but I think also that Garbutt was v lucky to get away with his early foul, which looked high up the oppo's leg after he mis-controlled the ball.

No card.

Yeah, that was a bad tackle - a nailed on yellow and could have been worse.

We seem such an unstreetwise team, and very naive. I do wonder what we do in training with regards to match situations (and shape) etc

Really not enjoying many games........ on 09:09 - Feb 24 with 997 viewsRadlett_blue

Really not enjoying many games........ on 08:38 - Feb 24 by itfcjoe

Yeah, that was a bad tackle - a nailed on yellow and could have been worse.

We seem such an unstreetwise team, and very naive. I do wonder what we do in training with regards to match situations (and shape) etc

I think the poor organisation at the back has been a big issue for a long time. Chambers isn't the player he used to be but you would have hoped he could be a leader & an organiser of a back 3 including a lower league journeyman & a promising young player. It's scary to think what me might need to be truly competitive next season in terms of recruitment.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Really not enjoying many games........ on 12:55 - Feb 24 with 910 viewsitfcjoe

Really not enjoying many games........ on 09:09 - Feb 24 by Radlett_blue

I think the poor organisation at the back has been a big issue for a long time. Chambers isn't the player he used to be but you would have hoped he could be a leader & an organiser of a back 3 including a lower league journeyman & a promising young player. It's scary to think what me might need to be truly competitive next season in terms of recruitment.

You can't just organise on the day effectively against well drilled teams, players need to know their roles and learn them all week, all season so it is natural

Was reading about Pep and Klopp, they have such structred teams, and such structured attacks (as well as more intelligent footballers) that why we think we can get away with it is beyond me

Some managers like Hodgson and Oulis go to absolute extremes, but we seem to be the other way

Login to get fewer ads

Really not enjoying many games........ on 12:56 - Feb 24 with 900 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I quite enjoyed the first half on Saturday.

I've said all season though, our discipline (in every respect) is poor. Not surprising given the attitude on the touchline of the manager and his staff.
Really not enjoying many games........ on 13:09 - Feb 24 with 842 viewsBLUEBEAT

Really not enjoying many games........ on 08:17 - Feb 24 by itfcjoe

Indeed. I had no idea L1 relied so much on gamesmanship.

“Sh*thouse of a division” is bang on.

Can see why Sunderland are still here, after the initial culture shock and then stark realisation.

Our turn now.

Poll: W or W

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024