Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tommy Smith to Sunderland 15:33 - Feb 21 with 3495 viewsLankHenners

'but he's yesterday's man, injury prone etc.'

ffs

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/former-ipswich-town-defender-tommy-smith-joins-sund

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Tommy Smith to Sunderland on 16:46 - Feb 21 with 509 viewsPJH

Tommy Smith to Sunderland on 16:41 - Feb 21 by Parky

Spot on. Nobody cared when he left and it seems as though by playing in a poor MLS league he's got progressively better?

It's exactly the same with Freddie Sears, nobody really rated him for the last 5 seasons; but as he's been out injured he's now going to fire us into the Championship.

Hopefully Tommy Smith IS better than his last two performances for us, at Cardiff and at Fulham, because they were not good although he was lacking match fitness at the time-just like he will be now.

Freddie Sears may well have an important role to play this season if we are going to get out of this league.
Tommy Smith to Sunderland on 16:47 - Feb 21 with 508 viewsBigManBlue

Tommy Smith to Sunderland on 16:41 - Feb 21 by Parky

Spot on. Nobody cared when he left and it seems as though by playing in a poor MLS league he's got progressively better?

It's exactly the same with Freddie Sears, nobody really rated him for the last 5 seasons; but as he's been out injured he's now going to fire us into the Championship.

That's a bit harsh on Freddy, I thought the general consensus was that he looked good the season we signed him and actually played him in his best role and he was our best striker last year until injury.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Tommy Smith to Sunderland on 16:50 - Feb 21 with 498 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Tommy Smith to Sunderland on 16:37 - Feb 21 by Romeo4

As much as I like Tommy Smith I can’t help thinking some people have some sort of fixation with revisiting the past. I think this is definitely a case of a player becoming better by not playing for us.

He was ok first time round but wasn’t the quickest, always seemed to have a mistake in him and his distribution wasn’t the best.

I like the look of Earl anyway.

You're right.

I remember at the time not understanding why Mick sold him - seemed crazy. But i am not upset now that we have not re-signed him.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Tommy Smith to Sunderland on 16:53 - Feb 21 with 487 viewsParky

Tommy Smith to Sunderland on 16:47 - Feb 21 by BigManBlue

That's a bit harsh on Freddy, I thought the general consensus was that he looked good the season we signed him and actually played him in his best role and he was our best striker last year until injury.

To be fair, it may just be my very harsh judgement. But I simply do not rate Sears as highly as it seems the majority of this board do. I posted his statistics on another thread not so long ago and to me it evidenced he is just a bit of a nothing player.

I don't really buy this 'correct position' argument, as he has been played upfront and not done enough. Also, strikers nowadays are often to play out wide (Jackson has had to do it this season, even Norwood has) and again, he doesn't offer enough IMO.

I hope this time in a few months I am made to eat a big slice of humble pie after Sears starts scoring for fun, I just can't see it however.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024