Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you buy illegal drugs 17:25 - Feb 17 with 63903 viewschicoazul

these are the kind of people you are funding and the activities in which you are complicit, all for your bit of fun; https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/16/hell-on-sea-dawlish-drugs-gang-geo

Great guys these drug buyers. Participants in wrecking their own communities.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:20 - Feb 19 with 4519 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:15 - Feb 19 by noggin

But like he said earlier, I have never been offered hooky alcohol and wouldn't know where to look. Class A drugs however, are everywhere.

Indeed.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:21 - Feb 19 with 4516 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:05 - Feb 19 by sparks

Gmpf.

What the hell's that supposed to mean? You sound like a man who's lost an argument.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:23 - Feb 19 with 4505 viewsnoggin

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:18 - Feb 19 by itfcjoe

I could get hold of hooky alcohol or fags easier than drugs in Ipswich - although neither are difficult

But is that legally produced alcohol or illegally produced?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:24 - Feb 19 with 4501 viewsitfcjoe

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:23 - Feb 19 by noggin

But is that legally produced alcohol or illegally produced?

Probably both - but you wouldn't be able to know for sure

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:25 - Feb 19 with 4493 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:18 - Feb 19 by itfcjoe

I could get hold of hooky alcohol or fags easier than drugs in Ipswich - although neither are difficult

Well quite - plus it’s quite probable that Noggin and Dollers have purchased it before without ever realising it

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:25 - Feb 19 with 4491 viewsnoggin

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:24 - Feb 19 by itfcjoe

Probably both - but you wouldn't be able to know for sure

I guess it says something about me then. Never been offered alcohol, but been offered drugs hundreds of times. In fact, I've been offered counterfeit money, all manner of stolen merchandise, sex, even driving licenses. Never alcohol.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 16:30]

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:25 - Feb 19 with 4491 viewssparks

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:21 - Feb 19 by BrixtonBlue

What the hell's that supposed to mean? You sound like a man who's lost an argument.

Just a man who despairs, as he is the one who is aware that there wasn't an argument, other than the one in your head.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:28 - Feb 19 with 4482 viewsitfcjoe

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:25 - Feb 19 by noggin

I guess it says something about me then. Never been offered alcohol, but been offered drugs hundreds of times. In fact, I've been offered counterfeit money, all manner of stolen merchandise, sex, even driving licenses. Never alcohol.

I've never been offered drugs in England, different matter in places like Amsterdam.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:29 - Feb 19 with 4478 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:14 - Feb 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Actually if you’d read Healy’s posts you’d have noted that he is broadly pro the idea of legalisation. It was there in the first post you replied to

Healy however just doesn’t think it will be a miracle cure-all and that illegal markets will still exist. The subject of alcohol only came up as you raised it and asked if people are buying bootleg booze, seemingly unaware that they are. Healy just pointed out that they, acknowledged it was small but did highlight a number of reasons that alcohol wouldn’t be an apples and apples comparison - but rather than debate that you chose to go down a strange rabbit hole arguing whether the illegal alcohol market was growing or not

Rather odd behaviour all round

You are Captain Contrary. You see my name and want to argue the opposite to whatever I'm saying. It's boring fella, get a new hobby.

I'll let other people decide whether illegal alcohol is as big enough of a problem to stop the legalisation of recreational drugs because it would go the same way.

I maintain it's a small issue. Legalisation would destroy the drug gangs and the violence that comes with them.

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:31 - Feb 19 with 4472 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:25 - Feb 19 by noggin

Me too. I think these guys must be living in a different world to us. Right now, here in Brixton, I could score some illegal drugs in about 10 minutes. I haven't a clue how to get hold of cheap, illegal alcohol.

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:33 - Feb 19 with 4469 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:29 - Feb 19 by BrixtonBlue

You are Captain Contrary. You see my name and want to argue the opposite to whatever I'm saying. It's boring fella, get a new hobby.

I'll let other people decide whether illegal alcohol is as big enough of a problem to stop the legalisation of recreational drugs because it would go the same way.

I maintain it's a small issue. Legalisation would destroy the drug gangs and the violence that comes with them.

This victim thing is really tedious, especially in a thread in which you replied to my post in the first place rather than the other way around

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:33 - Feb 19 with 4466 viewsnoggin

"Legalisation would destroy the drug gangs and the violence that comes with them."

I'm sure they would turn to some other criminal activity. One thing I often wonder, how will dealers take payment when the world is cashless? I haven't carried cash for a couple of years now.

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:34 - Feb 19 with 4460 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:28 - Feb 19 by itfcjoe

I've never been offered drugs in England, different matter in places like Amsterdam.

That's astonishing. I guess you don't get to London much?

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:35 - Feb 19 with 4457 viewsnoggin

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:31 - Feb 19 by BrixtonBlue

Me too. I think these guys must be living in a different world to us. Right now, here in Brixton, I could score some illegal drugs in about 10 minutes. I haven't a clue how to get hold of cheap, illegal alcohol.

Alcohol certainly wasn't readily available when I lived in London. Got offered drugs in pubs, clubs and on the street, regularly.

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:39 - Feb 19 with 4438 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:33 - Feb 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

This victim thing is really tedious, especially in a thread in which you replied to my post in the first place rather than the other way around

I don't know or care who spoke to who first. It's irrelevant. You take the opposite side to me in EVERY debate. I'm not playing a victim, just stating a fact.

Link me to ONE thing you've agreed with me on EVER.

I reckon you fancy me.

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:50 - Feb 19 with 4419 viewsfooters

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:33 - Feb 19 by noggin

"Legalisation would destroy the drug gangs and the violence that comes with them."

I'm sure they would turn to some other criminal activity. One thing I often wonder, how will dealers take payment when the world is cashless? I haven't carried cash for a couple of years now.

Deep web. You can get all the best gear delivered to your doorstep these days. Or so I've been told.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:53 - Feb 19 with 4408 viewsnoggin

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:50 - Feb 19 by footers

Deep web. You can get all the best gear delivered to your doorstep these days. Or so I've been told.

But cashless payment is so easily monitored by the authorities, surely?

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:57 - Feb 19 with 4386 viewsfooters

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:53 - Feb 19 by noggin

But cashless payment is so easily monitored by the authorities, surely?

All done with crypto now, buh.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:59 - Feb 19 with 4376 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:39 - Feb 19 by BrixtonBlue

I don't know or care who spoke to who first. It's irrelevant. You take the opposite side to me in EVERY debate. I'm not playing a victim, just stating a fact.

Link me to ONE thing you've agreed with me on EVER.

I reckon you fancy me.

Of course it’s relevant, you can’t just respond to someone arguing a point they’ve made and then go ‘wahhhh, you always disagree with me’

Plus if you’d actually bothered to read my posts properly you’d know that we broadly agree legalising drugs is something that should be explored, just that I don’t think it will magically cure all problems. That was in my first post that you started arguing with

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:07 - Feb 19 with 4353 viewsnoggin

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:57 - Feb 19 by footers

All done with crypto now, buh.

That might cause some queues in Fabric on a Saturday night.

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:11 - Feb 19 with 4337 viewsHerbivore

This is still going?!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:13 - Feb 19 with 4326 viewsLord_Lucan

You have all let the argument drift into alcohol when that wasn't what the post was about but you all continue to go on about it in an attempt to win the point.

The argument was about legalising class A's and it is a theory that is worthy of consideration however to think it is simple or will stop the dealers is crazy.

Legalising class A's would not necessarily stop the gangs if it comes with a government tax - which it will. We are not talking about methadone for addicts here, we are talking about recreational cocaine use primarily as this is where the money is at. What about Crack and Meth? Where does it stop?

Let's just say we legalise coke, as a consumer we would in theory buy it from a smart shop or a chemist. What percentage of coke are we able to buy, what's the mix? How much is the tax going to be? What is to stop all the big gangs (I don't mean street runners on bikes or even their masters) selling a better grade cheaper? It can be done. Coke is about $2 a G in Columbia, you think HMRC aren't going to rip the arse out of that?

What is to stop people buying it and smuggling and selling it into countries where it is illegal, where are all the blocks going to be stored and who is guarding this?

Legalising is a possibility but not the fool safe answer - oh and by the way, it won't be happening anytime soon.

Start thinking about the whole mass of issues around the subject and stop arguing about it like a school kid. It isn't a case of legalising solves all the problems, what about the problems you're going to get when half the office can't work as they've been up for two nights. or they're making rash decisions. You think that opening the floodgates won't lead to abuse by people that wouldn't have used it otherwise? Really?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:17 - Feb 19 with 4308 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

If you buy illegal drugs on 13:04 - Feb 19 by sparks

What are you arguing about now? Seriously. Take a step back!

He has paid for the 2 day argument, not the 10 minute one.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:24 - Feb 19 with 4283 viewsHARRY10

If you buy illegal drugs on 08:27 - Feb 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Blimey where to start with that rant

This thread has diverted onto the topic of legalising drugs. If I understand your rambling posts correctly you seem to be proposing some sort of two tier system, where hard substances like heroin are provided on prescription (presumably via the NHS) and more recreational substances are available via controlled shops (although I’m not sure exactly where you’re proposing here - not Boots it seems)

For the former, unless there was an unlimited free supply to users then there would absolutely be a black market - feeding addicts who want more or people that want to use the drug that are unable to get a prescription. And that’s before you take into account that dealers would try and adapt - ie. the practice of cuckooing becoming even more prevalent, bringing drugs directly to users rather than them having to visit clinics/safe rooms, coercion and so forth. That also assumes they are provided free to users - if that isn’t the case then market forces would absolutely become a factor

For recreational drugs my previous post refers - it is ridiculously naive to assume shops would be able to compete with illegal prices. And it’s rather astonishing to just dismiss as irrelevant an article highlighting that issue where a previously illegal drug has been made legal elsewhere, when discussing legalising illegal drugs

By contrast the example of beta blockers is bizarre - unless I’ve missed a revelation re their addictive properties and them providing an incredible high

Rather than me not getting it it appears to be you that has a rather limited grasp of the subject matter fella

Of course a govenment agency could not source and supply heroin cheaper than the black market..... except that it does. You think morphine is as expensive as the cost of street smack ?

It would not be a free for all as claimed above - any more than the prescribing of beta blockers is now. You would have to go through the same medical process as happens now with addicts

None of this is new or revolutionary, it is already happening to a fair degree - though sadly it also comes up against silly comments as above.

Cannabis is nothing similar on production, cost or any dependency.
If you buy illegal drugs on 17:33 - Feb 19 with 4256 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:13 - Feb 19 by Lord_Lucan

You have all let the argument drift into alcohol when that wasn't what the post was about but you all continue to go on about it in an attempt to win the point.

The argument was about legalising class A's and it is a theory that is worthy of consideration however to think it is simple or will stop the dealers is crazy.

Legalising class A's would not necessarily stop the gangs if it comes with a government tax - which it will. We are not talking about methadone for addicts here, we are talking about recreational cocaine use primarily as this is where the money is at. What about Crack and Meth? Where does it stop?

Let's just say we legalise coke, as a consumer we would in theory buy it from a smart shop or a chemist. What percentage of coke are we able to buy, what's the mix? How much is the tax going to be? What is to stop all the big gangs (I don't mean street runners on bikes or even their masters) selling a better grade cheaper? It can be done. Coke is about $2 a G in Columbia, you think HMRC aren't going to rip the arse out of that?

What is to stop people buying it and smuggling and selling it into countries where it is illegal, where are all the blocks going to be stored and who is guarding this?

Legalising is a possibility but not the fool safe answer - oh and by the way, it won't be happening anytime soon.

Start thinking about the whole mass of issues around the subject and stop arguing about it like a school kid. It isn't a case of legalising solves all the problems, what about the problems you're going to get when half the office can't work as they've been up for two nights. or they're making rash decisions. You think that opening the floodgates won't lead to abuse by people that wouldn't have used it otherwise? Really?

"I think the biggest problem with legalising drugs is that people like Dolly will have access to them."
And you reckon I'm the one arguing like a school kid.

Where have I said "legalising solves all the problems"?

And to your point about "half the office can't work as they've been up for two nights" - has this happened in Portugal? I can tell you the answer: no.

Maybe do a bit of reading and educate yourself;
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/dec/05/portugals-radical-drugs-policy-is-w

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024